Wait wait wait

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

What can we do while we wait??

I am on pins and needles-- I am waiting on a round robin and a couple trades- but I have planted everything that can be planted ---- now what???

(insert whiny kids in the backseat voice)
MOOOM I'm BORED!!! Are we there yet????

LOL!
Heather

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Start a garden art project.
Make some stepping stones.
Redesign a planting bed (in your head and on paper).
Relax :-D

Lochbuie, CO(Zone 5b)

Fun things to do while waiting: (or if you're just clinically insane:-)

1. Read your seedlings Jack and the Beanstalk but change the ending to "And the beanstalk lived happily ever after"
2. Be sure to go outside at least four times a day just to see if anything new is happening.
3. Clean out your fridge and look for stuff for the compost pile
4. Wander around your house looking for string, dryer lint, etc and clean out your hair brushes to put out for birdie nesting materials
5. Sing silly songs to your seedlings, they'll be so happy when they move outside, they're sure to grow like gangbusters
6. Take your trays for a short walk to show them their future homes.
7. Take your houseplants that will move outside for the summer onto the porch for 2 minutes a day - never to early to start the adjustment
8. Find the name of a really obscure plant and spend a fun filled afternoon calling every nusery within 100 miles of your home to see if they carry it
9. Give all of your trees names and then make them cute nametags to wear for different seasons/holidays - not TOO cute, though, or the other trees will make fun of them.
10. Bake a chocolate cake, sit down at the table, eat the cake, repeat as often as necessary (don't worry, you'll be working in the garden so much very soon that you'll burn off the calories in no time)

Or....my all time favorite thing - go out and get some more seeds to plant! -Christie

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

OMW!!!! (oh my word) THAT was hilarious!!!!

I have done...
#4 - it's in a bag until DH gets rid of the sparrow's nedt in our SIDING- the little buggers
#5 - DD2 yrs does that
#10-- only it's Tastefully simple pumpkin patch bread- does that count? if Not I have caramel swirl brownies.... LOL!!!!

Aslo- go to Lowes and case the joint for more things to plant (only bought 1 seed packet!) and got more greenhouse tray things to tease out some things once the true leaves come up....

I also dug up some seedlings of something--- I thought it was russian sage , then decided it was medow rue- now I donno WHAT it is....also dug up some yarrow I wasn't happy with...

I am a mess! LOL!!! (my dh is worse- RC car racing starts this weekend and he is more excited than a 4 year old at Disney World!)

Heather

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

LOL... what a wonderfully creative list, cchiovitti! :)

I love your list Christie. Think I'll try #8 today.

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

start a project she says...

You know what they say about idle hands. While impatiently waiting for the weather to break and not wanting to start any more plants inside... I finally talked myself into a hoop house. Sheesh - the weather turns beautiful for 5 days and instead of cutting back and cleaning up I'm digging out two apple trees, transplanting a weigela then building this 10x12 which sounded small until I started trying to figure out where I was going to put it. Kind of like plants each year, order or buy then figure out where to stuff it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.