Any signs of spring?

There are a total of 390 votes:

Some bulbs are blooming (or are just about to!)
(111 votes, 28%)
Red dot

I've noticed the birds returning
(61 votes, 15%)
Red dot

The tree/shrub buds are swelling
(66 votes, 16%)
Red dot

The pond is thawing
(11 votes, 2%)
Red dot

I can hear the frog chorus
(18 votes, 4%)
Red dot

The rains have started
(15 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Spring is nearly over - time for summer to start
(29 votes, 7%)
Red dot

No signs of spring yet
(26 votes, 6%)
Red dot

It's not spring in my part of the world!
(27 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Other?
(26 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I voted other cuz nothing is blooming yet but the daylilys are coming up, hte spring bulbs are still coming up and the buds are swelling. Ive also seen about 5 robins in the past week so that gives me hope. Time to get my rear out there and fertilize the spring bulbs so they bloom real purty.

SC, MT(Zone 5a)

My ponds have all thawed but the fish are all slow moving.

The birds from winter are all still coming in for food and nesting material. I have noticed some who were here all winter have disappeared. The herons have not been seen yet but I netted the ponds anyway

The earlier trees and shrubs have signs of swelling buds..

Spring can come here any moment as far as I am concerned

It was 85 degrees yesterday... felt like summer!

Timberlea, NS(Zone 6a)

I voted for "no signs of spring" since we just had another heavy snowfall. Last week everything melted and I thought "spring is here!" but I should have known better. ; )

Spring usually hits here around the middle of April. My bulbs (crocus, daffs and hyacinths) and forsythia start blooming in May.

Rhonda

No signs of spring here yet either. Still have snow covering 2 of 3 flower beds. It is supposed to start warming up later this week though, so may have more to report in a couple of weeks. I do, however, have lots and lots of tiny seedlings sprouted in my mini greenhouse!
Christine.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

No bulbs blooming yet, but I did notice last weekend that some of the sedums have popped up!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I voted other because, the rains here have not stopped since last fall. We are so wet, it is going to be awhile before we can begin to work the soil.

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Not even a hint of spring in my area yet. The maple sap is not flowing yet, and that is getting pretty late. My gardens are still under at least 18 inches of snow. And there is still more snow in the forecast. Like Christine, I too have lots of seedlings on the go indoors. --Ginny

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

I said other, because, all of the above except, spring is over I'm waiting for summer was all that was left... everything is busting out... wow...

Lochbuie, CO(Zone 5b)

Lots of stuff going on here, the tree buds are swelling, bulbs coming up (but no where near ready to bloom), the meadowlarks have started singing, and the ponds thaw just about every day, then freeze again at night! It was in the mid 60's, dry, and gorgeous all last week, then snow this week! Oh well, I'm patient! - Christie

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Spring....ha ha ha ha! Hmm, let me shake the snow off my boots before I answer. :-) We're still hoping to get in some more skiing before the season's out, and by the size of the snowbanks around here we're not in any danger of the hills closing anytime soon.

The birds are more active now, so that's nice to see - and when I woke up this morning, the sun was up! Woo-hoo! It's so nice to see the days getting longer. Can't believe we're only a week from spring equinox.

There's about two feet of snow in some parts of our yard. I'm really thankful for houseplants and indoor seedlings at this time of year; otherwise it would be a looooong wait to dig in the dirt. :-)

Shannon

Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

heck- i'm glad its almost 30 degrees today, and snow is melting off the roof in the sunny spots.....

CREZIERES, France(Zone 8a)

Trouble is that several of those are true here...

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

I chose "Spring is nearly over - time for summer to start" - we had an 80's weekend! We've been having spring temps for a month now (yea)!

The middle of Feb it was in the mid to high 80's.

Yesterday the high was 94 °F.

Today it's a delightful 67 °F.

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

My yellow crocus bloomed yesterday!

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

I am looking for the first signs of autumn down here in Australia!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

The perennials are all sprouting and the early spring bulbs have about finished blooming. My bluebonnets have shot up and some have blooms already. Most of the trees have leaves coming out and the grass needs mowed, edged and weed whacked. Yep, it is spring here, but I always worry about a late freeze. I just started moving all the tender plants from the greenhouse back into the yard. I sure hope I don't have to move them all back in again.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Kennedyh, what are the temps like these days for you? How's your summer been?

Shannon

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

We still have about 2 feet of snow on the level. The long range forecast is fog and 32 F for the next 6 days, so no melting anticipated. Normally it's late April before the snowdrops bloom here anyway!..and tulips have been known to still be open on July 1!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I picked #1, but 1, 2 & 3 are all going on in my part of the world.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Several of the above are true here, but the frogs croaking are one of my favorite signs of spring coming to our part of the world. It's a mild 52 here today, but it's supposed to freeze again tonight, and it looks like our last frost may well be in very late March or even in April at the rate we're going. Sigh...it's been a long cold, ugly winter - and we didn't even get to play in any snow :o(

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I voted 'other'...we're somewhere in between the beginning of Spring and full flower. Like Terry said, things will most likely get bit, but we've got daffs blooming their heads off, forsythia and flowering quince in full bloom, some of the pear and plum trees are about 1/2 bloomed out, and I need to mow.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

it's definitely spring flush time, but i think the cacophany of frog-song is scaring the roses into delaying bloom. it certainly is scaring the horses

signed,

Amphibiously challenged

Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

Most all of them are going on here,...I'm ready to put some things in the ground.
:}
RH

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

My crocus are almost finished blooming! The daylillies are budded up, and the bradford pears and redbuds are in bloom. LOVE spring.......it can be a little tricky though--had to bring in the hanging baskets last night......down in the low 40's!

MKJ

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

I still have 2 feet of snow on the ground.

All I have to say is the next storm - tentatively scheduled for Friday better be rain not snow!

Thumbnail by ownedbycats
Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I picked Some bulbs are blooming (or are just about to!) but they are almost done blooming. I have trees out, fruit trees blooming, everything is up . . . . now just to keep the cold away.

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

I voted other because, most is true, We had 92F weather couple of days ago, spring is really here, many bulbs are up, it's been in the high 70's to high 80's for last couple of weeks, the lawn needs to be trimmed every week now. Lots of beautiful flowers, I'm in a hurry to finish planting before it feels like summer again!!!!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

No sign of spring yet...We still have to get our April Snow Storm . We still have lots of snow on the ground yet. My pond is still frozen, and I still have not seen a Robin...

Deann

P.S. Hey Dave.....85 degrees huh.....shuddup!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Some things happen on date rather than a temperature thing. The first true sign of spring here is the Canadian Geese flying around looking for nest spots. That happened about March 5, which is right on schedule. They are probably ready to lay eggs now, even though it was 11º overnight, last night.
There are a few more birds around than earlier. No flower buds yet.
Bernie

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Crocus blooming here. Daffs are poking up through the ground. Robins seem to be in full swing, too, more than just a few weeks ago :)

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

New growth on the cactus, flowers on the plants. Life is good here... except for the sunburn I got yesterday while gardening!

I'd love Spring to stay awhile. A long while. :)

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Spring? We never got our typical wet winter this year. Fall to Spring. Tulips are so early this year, many are worried they'll be done by the time of the tulip festival. Still chilly at night though.

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

I chose the first one because the tulips and daffodills are about to bloom. The Crocuses are in full bloom. But I could have chosen the next two as well because the birds started returning some time ago. Saw my first Robin on February 25th. The buds on the trees are swelling and in some cases are ready to pop.

Thumbnail by OldFlowerGirl

I voted other because we have had an early spring.
But not ready for summer!

Coral Springs, FL(Zone 10b)

Even though its warm here (most of the time) my Live Oaks always herald the begining of spring for me...they have lost all their leaves and now are a wonderful soft chartruse green...Time to get the pool ready to swim, and check out the hurricane shutters!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Spring is here too ! The snow drops are in bloom and the crocuses too, also the daffodils are ready to pop.

Hey, Deann, nice to hear from you again ! Sorry about the weather in Michigan. We just had a snow storm last week, but the snow is almost melted now. Boss says Hi! to Blaze, Cyndee and Webster.
Adina

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

adinamiti.........The nice thing about the snow now when it comes is it will melt faster as the ground is starting to warm up.....and Webster and his friend say hi back atja....as you can see there is still lots of ice on the pond...so do Cyndee and Blaze...

Deann

Thumbnail by deann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.