Golden Pothos........Golden enough?

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

I was wondering if this is good coloring for a golden pothos, or if maybe I should move it to more light? Opinions please.......Thanks. Jenny

Thumbnail by jenny_tulip
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I have a Golden Pothos, and its coloring is similar to yours-- maybe even greener. I like mine where it is, though, so I'm not going to move it. It's been there for a couple of years and is doing great otherwise. I wonder if some plants are just more golden than others genetically, in addition to the light factor?

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

hmm, that's an interesting question. I don't know. Thanks for your thoughts on the coloring. I've had this pothos for about a year now, but it oringinally lost alot of leaves, so I cut off the end of the stems and rooted those, and since then I've used the wrap around technique until I got the pot nice and full. It is finally full enough to let it start vining again. :o) I was just concerned about the coloring. Jenny

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I don't think you should have any reason to be concerned. I think the plant will is doing just fine (unless it has other signs of problems)--mine's perfectly healthy and green!

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I have seen named varieties of varigated pothos that have more of the varigation. Mine has about the same amount of varigation as yours. If the new growth is all green, then it needs more light. I moved my pothos during the Christmas holidays, liked where it ended up so I didn't move it back to the window. I've noticed that the new leaves are smaller so I'll probably end up putting by the window again.

Thumbnail by bettydee
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

WOW Bettydee, that is so beautiful. I have never seen one grown so well. Do you attach it or does it grow up on its own?

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

That is one good looking plant Bettydee!!! Did you make the copper trellis this beauty is climbing?

Deb

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you.
I bought the 7 ft. copper obelisk from Gardeners Supply

http://www.gardeners.com/Shopping/sell.asp?ProdGroupID=16253&omMerchandising=Search

I tie the ivy with green plant stretch tape.

BettyDee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.