I got a plant and I have No idea what to do

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

My Buddy gave me a plant this fall she has no idea what it is or how to take care of it .does anyone have any help for me it just seem to do nothing. I have no idea if it need sun shade filter lite.
Kim

Thumbnail by Dimmer
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

It may be a small dracaena. (Sorry, no spell check) Look in PF and see if it looks closer in person.

Nancy Lee

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

It looks like a Tropical Plant: no direct sun but lots of indirect light in filtered shade. Fast draining soil and tons of water...when it grows a bit more you will be able to ID it....

HTH

Hope, BC(Zone 7a)

I have one!! Mine is about 3-4 years old now...Looks like yours could use some fresh soil, if not a whole transplant...They like bright light, but not direct sunlight, water it deeply when the soil feels dry to the touch , but allow it to dry out between waterings. They are actually pretty cool, when you trim off the bottom leaves(or pull them downwards they come off), it starts to look like the top of a pineapple...The stock gets tall and woody, with a pineapple "poof" on top.I believe it is a dracaena..

(Zone 5b)

I think it's a dracaena too. Here's a pretty nice link for dracaena information.

http://dracaena.com/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.