would it be ok to....

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

pot these two small plants in the same larger pot?

Thumbnail by jdee
Kirbyville, TX(Zone 8b)

But of course!! Are you going to plant then in a hanging basket, or use a spaghnum pole and run them up the pole?? Philodendrons are great houseplant, and make beautiful hanging baskets.....I one that's huge...and needs seriuos cutting back. I need to start some cuttings.....take a few after they root, and plant them into a larger pot. You'll love them! Debra~

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm not sure yet. I'm till new to the plant world, and have never used a spagnum pole, so I'll probably do a hanging plant. I've been wanting a philodendron for a while, but never got one until today. Are they good plants for newbies. I have a pothos, that I think is almost impossible to kill. lol

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Perfect plant for a 'newbie', (as you call yourself....I dislike that term, though!)

Just don't over-water....could lead to root rot.
These are *very* forgiving as to *under-watering*, not so forgiving to over-watering.

Nice plants you've got there!

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks. I got them at Home Depot. It looked like maybe they had just put them out. I've learned that if you don't catch them when they first get the plants, it's hard to find a pretty, healthy one. They are the small Exotic Angel brand plants. I seem to have pretty good luck with that brand. They're pretty good about including the name of the plant and care instructions, instead of a tag that says "foliage" on it. That's the problem I have at the grocery store.

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a question,

I haven't potted these plants up yet, because I'm trying to decide between working with a spaghum pole, or a hanging planter. I saw some pothos ivy at the store that was planted to climb a pole, and I think I would love to do that with my philodendron. The problem is that I don't know how. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Pittsfield,, MA(Zone 5b)

Absolutely. I have fun mixing all kinds of plants in the same pot

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.