Feb 2005 Local Weather part 2

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

They are warmly welcomed up north and missed when they go south! That joyous noise tells those in north ITS SPRING! Their courtship is then cosumated.

John

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Those birds of different kinds have been gathering here for the trip north.
Often it's only by sound that I'm aware of them.
The birds also told me which Hurricane was going to be the one that would really tear it up here. I know one window would have had to be replaced had I not heeded their warning. First time I covered windows in 9 years.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Observation! Much can be learned through observation. ;-)

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

They are much louder than the Canadian Geese, or the Snow geese. We have millions of Snow Geese wintering here also. The big Canadians seldom come this far South, only when forced by no water or food.

Yes, Grasshopper;>)

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

O.K. Sugar, as an interested party to hurricane predictions, please tell me about your bird warnings.
Pati

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi!

Been awhile since I've posted, but seems I've gotten a bit gun-shy with the pc for whatever reason/s.

Right now, it's 55o with winds about 13mph here in Palm Coast.

I'm feeling sun-deprived!

How are you doing, SW?!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 53, lo 43, mod. rain! Spring seems to be on hold. :-(

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

About the same here. Rain should stop by noon tomorrow. It started as I was returning from my morning walk.

Grakay, was moving my brugs you gave me about today and was wondering when you would be back.
I have roots on a dozen and have already given JFG one.
Pati, before our second storm I was outside and it's like the birds threw a window boarding intervention.
They were just carrying on in a different manner than before. I went that day and got plywood for my windows. I felt their message. When Frank heard that limb hit his window board all 400#s jumped 6" in the air. LOL.
We had so many storms, They are just a blur now. Nothing like yours in Fort Pierce.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

OK John. . .I've posted the 'Blossom Trail' for you. . .what beautiful scenery it was . . .not all of orchards. Took pics all along the way.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/487814/

Modi'in, Israel

Glorious day here today. I actually snuggled down on the dichondra lawn in the kids OZ garden and took a nap with my 3 year old in the filtered sun. And it was so warm and cozy, it was really hard to make myself get up when she insisted 20 minutes later that we needed to sit up so she could brush my hair and bounce all over me like I'm a jungle gym LOL. 24C (75.2F) and not a cloud in sight :-)

-Julie

P.S. DH took the camera to the shop today! Praise the Lord and Hallelujah!!!!! LOL

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Water standing everywhere, 50 degrees, heavy overcast. It might break by noon. Hope so.

trois

Sugar, I think it's so neat that you are in "tune" with your birds. (pun intended) We have had dry, warm, beautiful weather here until the County Fair opened on Friday. Friday had the heaviest rain I've seen since the 'canes, Saturday it just spit a little rain all day, and today we have just pulled the clouds down over our heads and it's slow and steady, but still warm at 70. *sigh*. I should have known it was coming.....I had my van detailed! LOL
Pati

P.S. Watching my "blue roof" VERY closely!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I took the camera on my morning walk, since the rain has stopped. The Rio Samba and the Lyre Leafed Sage are blooming. It's a start.

trois

I have a weather bulletin alarm radio (Radio Shack) that just went off with a flood and tornado watch for us. No roller coaster rides for me this weekend. *sigh*
Pati

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

That sounds better than cold, dreary rain.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Low 42, light rain. Boy, thats for sure trois! Suppose to start warming up thursday thru the weekend. Sumpin to look forward to!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Ooooh, I do believe it is getting nastier out there as the day progresses. We're expecting strong storms with winds at 20 mph.....although tonite it is expected to calm a bit, but not too much.

What this weather is doing for me is helping me get caught up on all the inside work that goes astray when the sun is shining.

I wanna get my hands in that soil, and start a'diggin! LOL

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

That day will come! ;-)

Well, trois, that rain is being slung right over us and then we have winds also blowing from the east. Yesterday we were getting NE blast, 16 - 20mph.
Now the WC is predicting 39 wed night. Auuggghh, when will it be Spring???
Winds are now from SW, severe storms,
GrayKay, those soft Orange you cut for me looked puney for me for a while, but has perked right up and put on roots. It's indide.
We are 62, and wet in Jax.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Trois, did you say that flood and tornado watch sounded better than "cold, dreary rain"? On what scale? heehee

How does 53* at high noon folllowing a 28* low? Sounds like spring to me. This is how it's been all three days since I got home. smiling big here. Daffies 7" tall no buds. ~Blooms

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Blooms, I think he means 'at least its not boring like cool, damp & dreary (no sun)'.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Someone else will have too "pick up the stick" & Start the March thread, after to night I won't have internet access for awhile.

57 nice day, youse guys take care - Dyson

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Way too, you are correct.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

;-))

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

We had a power outtage for about a half hour and it's sure good to be in the light again. We were scrambling around the house unplugging everything, and lighting candles, and as soon as we were settled in, the lights went on again....

Of course, the pc was the first thing to be unplugged....after all, this is my toy! :)

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Your prioritys are in order.

trois

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Emergency Weather forcasts snow tomorrow AM till late afternoon, Snow on Tuesday and Snow On Wednesday - thanks goodness the snowblower works.

Beautiful day today, sl.overcast but warm - up to about 34 degrees.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

We hit 70 today, forcast was for 60. Tonight is supposed to be 52.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

It is not quite spring up here, yet.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Sorry.

trois

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

10:30pm here in Kissimmee (FL) and it's still 72º, don't know the high for today but it rained all day and was dark outside. My home area has forecast of snow in the next few days and lows around 20º so I'm glad I'm visiting in Florida.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 49, lo 42, 0.07" rain. ;-}

I started a March thread, here it is;
http://aoeu.davesgarden.com/forums/t/488064/
See you over there, Sidney

Modi'in, Israel

Chance of rain today, but for now it's sunny with a light breeze. 9:19am and 18C (64.4F) at the moment. That'll drop if the rains come.

-Julie

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

17° this morning. It will have to warm up to rain tonight, They are predicting snow changing over to rain.
My garden yesterday

Edited for dyslexic spelling

This message was edited Feb 28, 2005 6:45 AM

Thumbnail by oceangirl
Modi'in, Israel

Ah Oceangirl, with a garden that looks as lovely as that, winter can't be all that bad! What a lovely enticing sea of snow you've got there. My kids would be very jealous and would trade you in a heartbeat for the sun we've had this week!

-Julie

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

That is a beautiful picture. I'm glad I am not in it.

trois

Ditto, Ditto! ;>)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.