Feb 2005 Local Weather part 2

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

If it wasn't for Oklahoma there would be no lid on Texas at all.

Where I was born was Texas until they decided on the South Fork of the Red River. The cemetary lists Mangum, Texas on the older headstones.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Touche.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

A great day for a drive in Florida that I'm not going to make. They say it was in the mid 30's here, but thats a great deal colder than my reading.
Had to save the $ for my trip to NC and other points of work.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

47 @ a low of 43, dp 43, oc, 50% chance of rain, hi later today 62, hi of 75 posible t-storms manana. Gonna make rocks if it doesn't rain. Oh, BTW, some new growth on my butterfly bush!

John

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

67 here likely up to 75. New leaves on many plants. Should finish board walk today.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

The new (2005) gardening season has begun!!!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

If this is the begining, why am I so tired?

Well, my dear Trois, the "Dust Bowl", wasn't yesterday, and unfortunately we do wake up tireder than we used to be at the end of the day when we were younger. Plus I'm sure you are trying to get alot done. For Pete's sake get all the help you can and just do what you feel up to. At least you have Guinea to help with your bugs.
Sidney

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

There's not any help to get. My 9 year old grandson will come help this afternoon.

We have been completely tick free since we have had Guinea, his favorite food.

The dust bowl seems like yesterday. Lots of memories, I learned a lot then.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Sounds like you're going to get the best kind of help there is this afternoon!

There used to be 2-3 Guineas running loose around here. Something must have et 'um. Don't see them anymore.

Victorville, CA

Calif. desert under rain again today and no let up forcasted for a few more days. My driveway approach washed away sometime in the middle of the night. DH and I look at each other everytime as we are shoveling dirt to rebuild it and say we need to buy some sand bags but then never do.
-Juli

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Your guineas likely just moved away. They are the most survivable bird going, unless someone put them up at night. Mine sleeps high under my front porch, watching the house all night. I don't know when if ever he sleeps.

I have spent a lot of time, long ago, around Victorville. Is that the Kern River near the town?

trois

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

53F, 3.8 inches of rain since Thursday afternoon. You know, some years we hardly get more than 4 inches for the whole year. One thing about western weather, it is never "normal". It's always wetter, drier, hotter, colder, etc...

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

50.0°, sunny,nice, but I have to get these machines set-up & working right before monday, sometimes there is no justice at all.

It will be raining and too cold to work outside by the time I am done.

Kelli - it's called extremes - as Weeze or anyone from Alaska could say - ie. in the SE you grow "web feet" (like a duck), if you are going to venture outside (to hunt, fish, plant, harvest, or anything else) you will get wet. There are very few exceptions.

To all, good Wx wishes & best of garden luck.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Or, normal equals add all rhe abnormals divided by the number of abnormals! Normal then becomes unusual or may never happen! LOL I don't think we'll make 62 as forcasted, its 49 now. Normal for the usual forcast!

Modi'in, Israel

Decidedly "cooler" today from yesterday "only" 26C (78.8F) today. Tomorrow forecast of rain and much more seasonably cool temps around 12C (53.5F). Hopefully not though, I'm enjoying the respite from wind and rain.....

-Julie

Well, I put Spray and Grow on everything that didn't move too quick today. I think it might have made a difference on some things last year. On tues, I'll zap it all with Messenger.
New growth on the Mexican Milkweed.
SPRING is here in my neighborhood. Tulip trees, azaleas and paper whites are wide open.
Sidney

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Overcast this morning. Overnight low was 68. Things are growing!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Overcast here, too. Lo was 59, currents 65 temp, dp 63 (and rising?). Forcast- decreasing clouds, hi 78, possible t-storms. Some things are growing.

Have you ever seen Snoopy dance? Well thats what I feel like today. 75 right now, and sunny.
My yard is freshly covered with oak leaves, but they dont feel thick like my live oak leaves usually do.
Maybe it's the water oak in the back.

Modi'in, Israel

Well, thankfully the icky forecasted weather didn't hit us much today. We didn't have any sun to speak of, but only a bit of misty rain in the morning. The rest of the day was overcast but warmish at about 18C (64.4F).

-Julie

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

41½°, light sleet

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

77 & rising. Poor Dyson. I feel your pain, man!

The sky gets dark from time to time, but it hasn't rained any today since I got up.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Off and on light showers all day. 77 high. Got a bit done, unloaded 400 lbs of potting soil. Now I have to make planter boxes. Will it never end? I got a few pictures also today.

trois

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

It made 79 today!! 78 w/dp of 42 now. That ends the threat of t-storms. Took the dogs out for a run and, collected and took pics of some local rocks to help the "making rocks" project resemble the local geology. Sure felt like spring tpday! :-D

John

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Grey Feb. day here. Got an inch of snow so far. But it's 32 degrees so maybe won't amount to anything. Not very spring like but at least we aren't facing the rains they have in Calif.

Always something to be thankful for.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Overcast again. Overnight low of 68 again. The birds are fighting over terratory. Everything is acting like spring. Fruit trees were blooming for last 2 weeks, Ash, Willow, Mulberry, and Tallow trees are getting leaves. Water Lilies are growing, the water Iris has grown a foot in the last two weeks.

Oh thats going to pop soon huh? trois? at least that sun wont beat you so bad. 63 here right now, partly cloudy.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It's all popping right now. I hope it's not too soon.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Pose' to be 80 today. Holy cow! 54 with a dp of 49, mostly sunny right now.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

John, I was requested to show my big "made Rock". I lost the thread and posted in photos. Senior moment there.

trois

Since Thursday afternoon, it has rained a little over 7 inches. It is still raining. Maybe I should see about having the state motto changed to "When it rains, it pours."

Flower is chasmanthe. Picture taken yesterday when it wasn't raining.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Well, Kelli I like your new motto. How about those toronadoes? in Calif? Know yall needed rain, but really!
Beautiful flower.
sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Me thinks they've had enough rain by now and nobody needs them twisters!

Pittsboro, NC(Zone 7b)

It keeps fluctuating from the 60's to the 30's around here. The other night it dipped back to 19 and the Forsythia bushes that started to bloom are looking a bit shocked. Our crocuses are starting to shoot their greenery, but no blooms yet. Some trees in the area (red buds and some pear trees) are already blooming. It's a crazy season in NC this year!

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Active Advisory: Severe Thunderstorm Watch / Severe Weather Statement / Flood Warning / Severe Thunderstorm Warning

What else is new. . .just came through! The view from my computer into back yard . . don't think it's much to squawk at compared to some pics of Texas or Oklahoma hail that I've seen though, but is not good for any of the blooming fruit and nut tree industries. ;-D Janet

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We've been hearing about that stuff, Janet. Getting in Fresno too, eh? Great weather here.
John

Huh, mothballs, lol
actually not funny.
Nows the time to file for roof repairs and auto damage.
This just isnt fair quakes were enough for Ca.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Cold Morning + Quick Temp Rise in Afternoon + Slightly Hard Rain in early evening = enough fog to add 15 mins to a half hour trip home from work this evening.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.