Feb 2005 Local Weather part 2

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

It sure felt like spring today.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

It's not supposed to be too cold here.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

41.0 ° here now, should not get much lower during the night, but supposed to drop again this weekend.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Still 67degrees here.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

44F here.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It's cold up there, John.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Great, now I have to drag the atlas out & figure out where all youse Texans are in the state, I think so far Johns wx is closest to mine.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I am 16 miles Northwest of Galveston. The cool front got here, cooled things down a bit, then the wind swung back to the South, coming off the gulf. That makes a very fast turnaround. It's 59 this morning.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Look out all you "northern" folks, my front yard was FULL of Robins yesterday. Looks like they are on their way back to their summer homes and spring is on the way!!
Pati

Hanover Park, IL(Zone 5a)

Tell them to take their time, it's been snowing again and the temp will dip to single digits tomrorrow. :(

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

35.2°, clear & sunny.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

39 after a lo of 36, dp 28, wind NNW at 10mph, cloudy. Dyson, Gordonville is due north of Dallas near where the Red flows into Lake Texoma. I am between that town and the reservoir (dam built in 1942). Rolling plains with trees coming in due to modern day fire suppresion. Some dryland farming, cattle & horse ranches.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

It is snowing just to the west of us. It is not forcasted but, its getting mighty close!

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Rain, rain, rain and more to come. Have a brief respite today. Snowpack in the Sierras is way above normal this year which will be great for charging the underground water supply. Just hope we don't have heatwaves during snowmelt later on this Spring. Guess there's no use worrying about stuff like that. . .enough worry to go around already w/current issues.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

48.4° here & nice, have a good day all.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Howdy, Janet!

Modi'in, Israel

27C (80.6F) today. Sunny and gorgeous! My garden is loving it....it desperately needed a few days of sun and warmth to help recover from all the constant rain for weeks. It was just soooo saturated. There were actually a few plants that needed watering today. Mind you, they were all in pots on the patio LOL.

-Julie

So right about current issues Janet, hope it all melts just right for Mother Nature. Seems to me living in Fla, she has been really PO ed as of late.
It's 68 and light gray.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

50.7° and the broadband just came back - sooner or later it will die and I will be able to convince the isp that a problem exist.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Indoor/outdoor digital thermo says 47.1° but w/the wind chill, Baby it's cold out there. Hurry Spring.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Howdy John. . I've been lurking, just too busy to do much posting, but enjoy the dialogue all the same.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

28 degrees, snow showers, sunlight breaking through - sometimes. Temps heading down this weekend.

The robins are beginning to arrive. Saw a flock of 27 earlier this week in the field. I now have many goldfinches instead of the 6-10 who stayed all winter. I'm keeping plenty of feed out so they can replace their energy.

One crocus bloomed, it is cold and windy!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 52, lo 36, dp 31. Rain fri. & sat. Then 70 on sunday!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

27.9° overcast.

B BB Burr, it's 42 outside. lol, but sunny.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

52 and overcast..

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

The past few mornings we have had 10 to 15 degrees, clear sky with stars, nice sunny days up to 35, wind in the daytime bringing the wind chill factor down to about 20. All that is pretty normal except we have an El Nineo year going here and are not getting the moisture we need, it is all going south of us. That is setting us up for a short irrigation season, reduced crops, high fire danger, all of that unpleasant stuff later.

Mary, El Nineo is no Amigo for sure. It sounds like you farm. What do you raise? Have you considered water polymers for water retention?
It's hard to survive drought and inflation at the same time.
I feel guilty for having so many blessings here.
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

42 after a lo of 37. A few rain showers in the area. Good to have someone from E. Oregon active on the thread!!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

41.4°, sun broke through, windy. (stiff breeze from the NE).

Spent the last while under the house. While reconnecting the heat, noticed a water leak, had to shut the system down, reconnect the leaking line and bring it back up. Everything works fairly well now.

Y'all have a good day (since it's feeling to cold to mess about outside - I'm gonna nap awhile.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Don't like cold & windy either. Pretty soon hot & windy. That hot ol' Texas wind will suck the breath right outta ya'. Prefer it to a cold wind, though. (I think).

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Mary E . . ."except we have an El Nineo year going here and are not getting the moisture we need, it is all going south of us."

Afraid we're the culprits down here in CA swiping all your moisture. . .They (the 'experts', that is) are calling it the Pineapple Express. It's hauling in the rain here, way above normal. Sorry. .;-( Pouring as I type. Was supposed to be gardening a good part of today. . .oh well. . sure makes the stuff I've got planted grow like crazy though. ;-)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

54F and raining. We've gotten about 1.2 inches since yesterday afternoon.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Getting to be too much of a good thing yet, Kelli?

Not too bad yet. It will take a lot of rainy days in a row before I start to really complain about it. It won't be that much longer until it stops raining and won't rain again until November.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I like that rainy/dry season thang. Its what I grew up with.

I grew up with year-round rainy season (western PA).

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I grew up in a year round dry season during the dust bowl days in Southwest Oklahoma. I remember, when I was about 3, hearing a lot of langhing and shouting. I went over and looked through the screen door and every one was outside playing in the rain. The first rain I had ever seen. In a while they all came in and I kept looking, with my nose pressed against the screen. Lightning struck an old, almost dead tree in the front yard and it was close enough to give my nose a good shock. Something I remember very well.

Modi'in, Israel

heat wave here.....33C (91.4F) today! But slightly breezy so we ALL enjoyed the day. Tomorrow is supposed to be similar...the Sunday starts rain and cold again for untold eons....

So tomorrow will see me outside, gardening or going on a hike with the family. Either way I won't be indoors tomorrow any more than I can help it!

-Julie

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Two Okies in row! (Ducking). Ack!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.