greenhouse 16 x 80

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Well---since im putting the big greenhouse together---guess ill graduate from "my seedling house" to greenhouse 16x80.
Putting it together.

cricket

Thumbnail by CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

another view

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

and done for that day

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

how very nice.......cant wait to see it done and filled up!!!...lol

congrats
cindy

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

omg thats going to be huge im so JEALOUS!!
i cant wait to see it go up!! see ya in the morning hope its sunny and warm there so ya'll can get BUSY!!! oh ya!
yahooooooo we is building another BIG gh!!!
i luv it

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Going to be sunny all day and goin up to 62*. Should be nice day and should get lots of it done.

That greenhouse is too small---I'll have to buy another to go with it next spring.

cricket

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Go GIRL!!!!

Judy

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

well ---taking a lunch break.
Dont laugh at my ends ----lol
The ground is slightly sloped---so the greenhouse isnt perfectly level----but to get the doors squared and level---it makes the ends look off centered and crooked--but its not----its the hoop frame thats crooked.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Oh ---and where you see those shrubs and hedges at end of that greenhouse up top-----that will be cleared out later ---few weeks----and will put in a drive and parking area.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2005 1:33 PM

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

Wow! That thing is HUGE!!! I'm sooooooooo jealous!

Terri

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looking good, cricket.
Our new one is a snow arch, so it has fairly straight sides. It's on a sidehill too. We just made the downhill side a couple feet higher. We can put taller plants on that side.LOL!
Keep up the good work!
Bernie

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Yeh i like snow arch houses. They just look so much better and prettier.
I saw your updates and they look great. I wanted a snow arch house just for the darn looks but my budget said---i dont think so!
I wanted to raise the down hill side up a foot but i wasnt around when hubby started on the house =----by the time i was around---it was too late. I didnt say nothing---i just left it alone. My ground spikes were 3 feet long nearly----we could have managed leaving them a foot higher on that side instead of driving them in the ground so deep.
Oooooo well.
It still works. I laughed all day at that darn crooked house. Said it looked stupid------but im still just happy having one again---finally.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Ours looks a little "shacky". But it sure helps to keep the heat bill down by having the ends insulated. Not much light would come in there anyhow. Also makes the whole thing nice & sturdy.
Bernie

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Thinking about putting a second side curtain on side----double side curtains----to get that late spring and summer heat out of there ------anyone ever see something like that?

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

ALMOST DONE

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

INSIDE

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

INSIDE

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

so cool!!! i luv it

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Still gotta finish the ends-----and fix the side curtains to roll up.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

OH YEH---wish i had my camera for when we got a gust of wind---and i had a 32x100 plastic KITE----- it was trying to blow away!!! what fun that was.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Cricket, looks so great. You will be happy with so much room. And I can hardly wait to see it begin to fill up. Donna

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

the greenhouse will have 240 grow bags for growing fresh tomatoes---each bag will have 2 plants------in addition to the flats of annnuals and veggie plants and baskets and 6 inch veggies and annuals-----I know im not gonna have enough room and i have bit off more than i can chew. I need another 30 feet added. ARG!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Jeeze! What are you going to do with all the money you make ? LOL.
Looks great! Have fun growing!
Bernie

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

gee i dunno---maybe buy some groceries with the money that i make off of growing plants that provides groceries. just ironic.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I have to mix my soil for my grow bags to grow tomato plants in greenhouse. I mix 2 bags of compost manure and 6 gallons (5 gallon bucket full) of peat moss. That will fill 4 five gallon grow bags. I have been mixing my soil in Hubbies old Truck Bed Linner.
I also cut a hole in a 5 gallon bucket to hold my grow bag in place so i can shovel in the soil without the bag falling over. I used clothes pins just to hold the bag to the bucket too. After the bag is full of soil---i just pull the bucket up leaving the bag behind. Pictures:

Truck Bed Linner---To mix soil

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

5 gallon bucket with hole in it---grow bag in bucket

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Pulling bucket off grow bag

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

row of full grow bags

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

tomato plants that will go into those grow bags in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I have only filled 49 grow bags so far------191 to go-------gonna be a long week!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

you go girl!!!!
thats alot of mators!

this is what i did today! The boys had their first snow day this school yr!
we built some snow men too!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

NICE--- A winter wonder land-------people from north go to south for vacation----id love to go north for vacation since im from the south---havent had snow all winter. Be my luck it will come first of spring and throw the greenhouse in shockkkkkkkk.

Thats just the number of grow bags i have to fill-----i will put 2 mater plants in each one.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

guess ill try putting a turbon vent on top of greenhouse---- grandfather suggested it----says they operate by heat----no electricity required. The heat makes the turbon turn and pulls heat out of house. What we dont know is just how hot does it have to get before those turbons start pulling the heat out. Any one know?

This message was edited Feb 22, 2005 9:34 AM

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

ok----i called a building supply company. The turbons start pulling as soon as it gets warm----the hotter it gets the faster they turn and the more heat they pull out. A 12inch turbon vent cost $27. Gonna buy 3 tomorrow. What will i lose? Well if it dont work---ill have 3 holes to patch in poly. I need Turbons for the attic in house anyway so if it dont work ill just put them in our attic but me and grandpa are sure this will work. Now---during the winter or cold days when you want to keep as much heat as possible----just stop the hole up so the heat dont go out. Papa says stuff it with plastic and the turbons wont turn.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Now that's a greenhouse! Wow...

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

SPRING IS IN THE AIR:
MY --20 FOOT TALL JAPANESE MAGNOLIA

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

im half way done with filling up the grow bags.
I need Calgon!

120 5 gallon grow bags

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Im ill. Weather man says first 2 weeks in March will be colder than Normal. A whole 2 weeks! That really busted my Baloon. I was about to party. So instead of transplanting my plug tomatoes into the 6 inch pots that I filled today---I will have to put them in shallow 36 cell flats for now so I can keep them in the little warm greenhouse til I can transplant them into the 6 inch in the big unheated greenhouse. I really am disappointed. That poor Seedling House is getting Crowded. So mean while for the next 2 weeks---I'll just fill all my flats and pots for the big greenhouse. And keep the Seed House watered.
( Just hang in there little babies.)

cricket

6 inch pots that i filled today (345)

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

Cricket, you've been busy!!! The GH looks terrific! You should be proud of yourself. :-)

Terri

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Change in plans-----barrowed a turbo heater to keep big greenhouse warm when need be. Gotta fill 300 more 6 inch pots. Where in the heck will I put them. And gotta fill 300 flats. And finish mixing soil and filling the grow bags.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.