Seed Snatchin' Part VII

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

NC, you've always got a come 'back' when I'm 'waxing' eloquent!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I so wish you could come to the GA round up Carol!!!! Maybe if we all pitch in towards air fare?

I know from my trip up there years ago that's a bundle!

I want this whole thread to come!!!!! Darn it!!!! Forget the bus, doesn't anyone have a plane?????

Nicole

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

If I came to Georgia, In about 10 minutes I'd be a big grease spot on the floor. Even spring temps would probably 'render' me helpless! LOL!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

My cous that resided in Alaska for 35 years has the same problem. Just bring lots of Black Cohosh, we'll keep you ACed for the external heat. lol
Black Cohosh is a great hot flash AC.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

So, what does Black Cohosh do?

Keeps you from having hot flashes. I tried the soy stuff a few years ago and could empty the bus in 11 seconds, which is dangerous at 55mph, gas, ya know.
This seems to be effective, and user friendly.
(Pardon 8ft & Dyson)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Somehow I sailed through midlife without any hot flashes... not necessarily unwelcome up north here! LOL! I just can't take hot climates. Too many folds and creases.. gravity and a good appetite. In a warm climate, I'd be a living petri dish

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I guess I'll have to get on another bus. I'm going to the Florala one. Am I going by myself?
:) Donna

HaEEHAJH

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

While lurkin' ... I have hurt myself yet again .. I'm sure I done up and busted two ribs, crackin' up laughin' at you two, Sugarweed and Weezins!!! .. LOL ..

Quoting:
.... I tried the soy stuff a few years ago and could empty the bus in 11 seconds, which is dangerous at 55mph, gas, ya know. ...

Quoting:
I just can't take hot climates. Too many folds and creases.. gravity and a good appetite. In a warm climate, I'd be a living petri dish

Ohhhh such pain, I tell ya .. and jes may have soiled my desk chair too .. Geezers gals!

- Magpye

Oh, mags, better get back on the Bus. People gonna start stareing and asking all sorts of questions.
We'll have a hard time explaining me floating on the ceiling, weezins puddled up on the floor, or worse yet stairs to the bus.
We won't need tail lights, just tie those two red face fellas to the back.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

You guys are real troopers, sugarweed. Ain't no joke, Magpye. I could kill a 3rd world country on a hot humid day.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thought I'd better take a moment to let you all know I'm going to a Master Gardeners Conference in Kenai, so I'll be gone Friday and Saturday... if you start up the bus while I'm gone, pay mind to Magpye's instructions, and the bail money is under the driver's seat of the bus.

Gotcha, have a great time, stay cool.
Sidney

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

thanks, Sidney!... Stay warm is more appropriate up here!

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

That tears it Sydney! It's been you and Nicole has been pointing the finger at me.

We're stopping at the next GNC and I'm getting some dessicated liver tablets. THEN I'll smell you.. I mean show you what sharing and caring is all about.

I just realized what Britney Spears song was really about.. "Oops, I did it again...."

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

We'll miss you, Weez!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Blaine! BAHHAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye Weez! Tell my dogs namesake (Kenai) I said hi! LOL!!

Ok all of you - If you don't settle down I am going to feed BOTH my dogs a bunch of canned food and then not let them off the bus! :)

How much bail money is there anyway? We're going to need a lot I have a bad feeling..

NIcole

ROFLMAO, ditto, I'm just glad Weezins let us know she was going to be gone. What kind of trouble can we get into while she's gone?

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I say we get into the bail money!!!! I always want to buy more plants!!!! :) Maybe we can sell some seedlings to make up for it!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I just didn't want you guys setting the hounds loose on me. I'm such a DG addict that everybody thinks I got stuffed in a dumpster if I don't post every day! ... maybe it's just a good excuse for you all to check the dumpsters. It's about 20 minutes to 7am here, but thought I'd get one last crack at my watched threads before my ride gets here. You guys behave yourselves, and if you eat up all those ingredients for s'mores, there'll be an ambulance to pay for too.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Darn it! I never get away with anything!

OOOPs She wasn't gone yet.
Okay, just dug up 2' x 20' of boston type wild fern on the backside of my fence. Filled 3 pots with it and 3 large trash sacks full left over. What should I do with them? Aha, I'll freecycle them, like everybody doesn't have these "weeds" around here. I could bring them to NC and points between around the 23rd of Feb.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

hee hee - could be compost! Are those the ferns that people have on their front porches in the summer here? If I MUST I will take a couple off your hands to help you out next time you are here. LOL

Thought you might, I do beleive they are the same. We'll keep fresh air going to them. I might get you to meet me at DMs again and take some of the stuff from small storage I have there close by.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

OK - just let me know!

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

nyaaa, nyaaa --- I got Tulips poking through on a south wall !!

I think that's grounds for a beer - ok, another one!
back outside to soak up the last few rays of sun..

Good enough for me, What kind are they? Parrots?

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

No Parrots in this bed but this will be their 3rd... maybe their 4th year to come back which is pretty good

Thats right, Parrot Tulips just keep you waiting the second year and by the third, you forgot you ever had a date with them the first place except for the memory of their fragrance.

Do hope to see a photo when the whole crowd is up and awake. Spring is c o m i n g, hehehe

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok, I understand, you are haveing a "heat" problem however I am not sleeping under a fan in Feb. so I am on the couch till the winter is gone.

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Yes, spring is coming, with a Quickness! I can feel the cyber-excitement!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

OK, I just had to move the veggie seed packets before I could get my hand on the mouse and enter the garden. Filled a flat w/starter mix (plantation) and wetted it down. Was not impressed w/the mix. Will put pepper seed in same.

Fingers crossed.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Hi, Gang, just got back from a Master Gardeners Conference on the other side of the Kenai Peninsula. I drove over with a friend on Friday and we stayed over for the other half on Saturday. It was a real boost to my gardening bug! I've got the fever!

Dyson, I've got 12 flats under lights and two flats out on the porch stratifying. Open those packets and get to plantin'! Wahooooo!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Well, give us some details about the confernce, please. Weeze,I have a sister up there in Cordovia & I am sure she would like to hear from you. Or at least my passed information.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

OK, Dyson, here it is... my trip to the Master Gardeners Conference: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/485091/

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

GO for it Carol! Well I started a TON of things yesterday. Still have a few things left to start - tomato etc. but the majority is finished. I need more lights now!!!! Think I'll have to make a trip over to HD to get more!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you weez :)

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, and HEY! This is so funny! Sat. my dad, my son, my dog (Kenai) and I went for a short walk. Well I finally found something my Kenai HATES - dogs in sweaters! There was a Jack Russell type dog wearing a sweater (yea, I'm thinking the same thing - this is the SOUTH for crying out loud) but anyway, Kenai wanted to EAT that dog. I've never seen her act like that! The poor doggy just wanted to play too but Kenai was having none of that! It was really funny! Luckily I had her on a leash! Her tummy is still a bit sore too from her $400 teddy bear incident so that may have played a part. LOL!!!

Nicole

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Yeah, Nicole, Kenai may just have an aversion to cotton! LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.