Naked ladies & CLC #3

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Crazy Ladies are still discussing & solving the proiblems of the world in our own way. Let's go with a new thread.... Mammograms, anyone?

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh, PLEASE! It's supposed to be -2 tonight ~ I think I'll go lay on the garage floor!

*grins* -- I love that pic of Colette Cultivar!

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Think I'll join you in that Mary....heck, it will give us something to do right?! LOL!

Wanda, mine are um, well....a bit larger than your daughter's shall we say?....didn't know they could EVER get THAT flat!!! LOL!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

ROTFLMB(###)sO.

I just had mine a month or so ago...and I'm with mgh...:-O FLAT!

(I'm still hanging around...and that was NOT meant to be a pun...but I'll leave it in anyway. LOL)

~julie~

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL Julie!

I had thought of you Mendy..... ;)

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

when your my age just say you having the wrinkles iron out .

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Tazzy, you don't look like you have ANY wrinkles.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

You guys are scaring the bejeebus outta me!!! This 39 yr old is suppose to be scheduling my baseline and I've been dragging my feet until the first of the year. YIKES!

Brenda, get it done....don't drag your feet!! My mom is a breast cancer survivor.....a survivor because of a mammogram and routine exam! I had to have one done when I was 21. It doesn't hurt for that long.....mostly just embarrassing IMHO.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It is a little weird and embarassing. But having been in the medical field for 13 years, I can say that they/we don't think any more of it than taking a pic of your elbow.

Don't sweat it Brenda, just do those exercises. ;)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Can I post on the old thread. LOL

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Oops! poor Shiek, wandered into the harem when we were yakking it up about serious things. Only comment to add is howkum they always end up making me stand on tiptoes??

These trips save lives.

Blooms, they made me do that too. I wonder why?

Can I change the subject a little and show off my new flowerbed? There are some naked ladies planted in it! Didn't have to move any snow, but I finally got all my bulbs planted! (DH helped. Have to give him credit too!)

Thumbnail by mgh
Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

nice pics, mgh!!!

I don't want to even think about those things...My grandma had a double mastectomy when she was in her forties... I had a mammo done in 1992 and I haven't been back... they had to do 2 of them to even be able to try to read it... we will not go through the ugly details ... suffice it to say I was not impressed... I don't think they knew what they were doing... either that or they were just plain wierd....

Thanks Starr. I'm really glad to finally have it done.

Sorry you had to go through that twice in one day, Starr. What's the age at which a woman should start having one once a year? I'm thinking 40, but I'm not sure.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

My drs told me 40 since cancer runs in the family... I did it the first time to please everyone... but well, just never got around to doing it again... I do self checks and delude myself that that is enough...

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

Having a mammogram is no big deal. Five minutes for the mammo. & 5-10 for the nurse's exam & it's over. I don''t have to stand on my toes either. It could save your life. I would rather have 5 mammo's than 1 pap test.

You just know I'm gonna say it right? Get it done again, Starr!!!!

This message was edited Dec 23, 2004 5:49 PM

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey, Moby... got any execises to prepare for that? heh heh heh.... I don't even want to go there.... ;)

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

MGH, you've done a nifty and extremely neat job on that little curbside attraction. One piece of lawn at a time... they never notice. heehee Can't wait for the NLs and what?? tulips and daffys or Iris and daylilies?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Looks like it's going to be real nice, Mendy!

Not going there either Starr! Defective plumbing ~ kicked that kitty to the curb when I was 36. Ahh...the joys!

Thanks Blooms! Can't wait for the tulips, daffys, iris, asiatics, orientals, hyacinths, allium, and a few others I don't remember right now. It will also have some dahlias and hardy hibiscus in it in the spring. Hope they all bloom!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I finished Christmas shopping today. LOL

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

You're early Jim! My DH usually waits until the 24th with all the other men...

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I think I'll go Christmas shopping in the morning. Haven't done a bit. I always get my grown kids toys to play with Christmas afternoon. Shudda seen my 40 & 50 year old boys playing pool on a table only 2ft long and about 4 inches off the floor. heehee. I'll find something.

Mendy that sounds like a pure delight for next year. Will be watching for pics of course.

This message was edited Dec 24, 2004 11:11 AM

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Blooms I saw one of those today and started to buy one.

Thanks Mary. I missed your post cuz we posted at the same time! :-)

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Mendy, can't wait to see pics of your new garden next year... that looks great...

Jim, congratulations on finishing early!!! ;)

Moby, defective plumbing at 21 here and haven't missed it a bit... ;)

I must go out to the pastures to break ice and face that nasty wind again.... I will be glad when it lets up a bit... 20 degrees even sounds good to me now...40 sounds like heaven... :))

stumbles off laughing at self, looks back , and says:

Merry Christmas to all....

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Echoes - "Merry Christmas to All" and here's a pic of my cottoneaster against the snow... Christmassy, I thought.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

And my little garden house too.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and hoping all of my DG girlfriends over 40 get their mamos this year! (Starr, that means you, too.)
Hugs,
Terrie

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I still don't have one that fits my head but my Sis sent me this doll sized one. Grinnss

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, what a beauty! Too bad it doesn't come in big girl sizes!!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy Dancing here... 40* and sunshine!!

Blooms, Love that hat!!! Wish it did come in big girl size.

Terrie, you are right... everybody should do that... :l

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Am just checking in - had a grand birthday day. Son & DiL took me out for brunch... [my favorite meal to eat out] then a few town chores and got a wire fixed under the hood so the oil gauge works again. And phone calls with ~'Spin and my sister.

Then supper and presents and trivial pursuit at my DDs and everybody slowly desolving into comfy chairs and melting onto the floor. A wonderful day all in all. ~Blooms

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Sorry to have missed your birthday...so glad you had a great day. Here's a little belated cyber gift for the lily lover in you!

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Ohmigolly, are those yours? Can I come visit next summer? What a lovely present that would be! ~Blooms

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm with you, Blooms -- those are gorgeous!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Yep those WERE mine! Come on up, but I must tell you I dug the whole bed up and divided everything this fall so will mostly have single stems this coming year. That was the peak of my asiatic bloom at the end of June this last year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.