Cheap Daylilies

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I read them all they were great. who ya gonna get to take the photo.
son-in-law might think it is a little strange. My problem would be finding a big enough flower. maybe a tree also. I do have a ponderosa pine in my yard.I will try to think of something also, has anyone thought of producing a dave's calendar ? I vote for Jody for December she is out planting in this cold.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Getting to know you.....getting to know aallll abouuutt you...
UGH! That was 6th grade chorus.

I was out planting Dec. 15 ~ thanks to Tazzy!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Jody, Veeja3, Welcome ! We can't wait to see your pics... ;)

Moby, I remember that tune... lol... this old girl can't carry a tune, but you sing just fine...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

As long as you're listening from Missouri..... LOL

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL... well, me ears are still good... that is about all that is left in good shape... lol.. the eyes have gone too... I look at a pic of myself just 10 short years ago.. and think... wow i had no gray then!! .... you get the idea, I won't go into details or anything ... ;)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Well if you want to keep those ears, don't let me sing around you!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL... I going to bed... nightie.. night... ;)

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Singing on the web is easiest on the ears, in my experience! (in my experience????) (like Tazzy's sneezing).

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You're so right, boojum. Now I have an outlet for my vocalistic stylings!

I always thought that if I could have 3 wishes, I'd wish for a pretty singing voice. Not fancy, just pretty. Guess I'll just have to make do with my sexy phone voice. What can I do with that besides the 1-900 phone calls??

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Moby,
You could make a good living from that.lol.Jody

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

That's what I hear too.....at least from that HBO show last night.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

No kidding? LOL I could just see it now...."But MOM, we're hungry!" "Not now dear, Mom's on a business call......."

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

roflh ... what are the other two wishes?

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh, good one, Starr! I was wondering the same thing. Prying DG'ers wanna know, Moby.......

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

yeah.... spill the beans...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

OK, supposing these wishes are just for me....

That's easy! But not very interesting ~
2. Simple abundance. Everything I need plus tons to share.
3. To continue to have lots of loving friends and family near. (I'm fiercely protective of my relationships / friendships) :)

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

See there, I was right about you.... ;)

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Thankyou for the welcome, If I get rich off the video of Jodys happy dance I will share, daylillies for all.
thankyou carol

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I'll say one thing,you guys all crack me up.Never a dule moment in this group.
Moby,
Tazzy sent me goodies for Xmas also.I was out planting them at night by drop light right before xmas as well.Wonderful goodies.Tazzy was very generous too.Hope everything I sent her makes it,if not I'll send more when they grow more pups.heehee
I can still hear and see all but reading.lol.Mom said when you hit 40 your eyes will go.I thought she was crazy two years later I was holding the news paper to feet from my face.Teach me not to listen to Mom.
You will like Carol as well.She has a silly side and is lots of fun.
I'd like to go to Wanda's for a photo shoot.heehee

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

So would I, Jody. Her gardens are beautiful.

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Me Silly !!!well thankyou backseat. I'll have you know I am a proper lady.
Dh read a book called The art of seeing by Quackenbush and no longer needs his reading glasses. I didn't and still can't see. I had a stroke about 5 yrs ago and still favor my left hand he just asked me if I was using it to type he always does that, to keep me using it. darn caught again. At first he made me carry a bag of beans around the house in that hand, I was always dropping my beans. don't do that anymore tho. just sharing, if typing gets messsy he is watching so having to use left hand. See Jody I can be serious.
carol

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Hello Carol, Very Pleased to Meet Ya!!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey, did ya'll get to see Moby's "Dormant Naked Ladies" thread befor it got "pulled" ? Looked like a mite chilly way to sleep thru the winter. Very clever of our Mary! LOL

Still looking for CLC snow angels, but below zero is colder than I want to be.
I almost talked Lilyfan into an "Overwatering Naked Ladies" photo, but she ran away....

I think every neighborhood should have a wierdo so everyone feels "normal' in comparison. My neighbors expect strange things in our yard. One summer, we had a small kid's plastic pool filled with 17 baby rats. The neighborhood kids came to play in the shade while the mama rat watched on my daughter's lap. Lots of giggling & amusement.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'm generally considered the neighborhood nutcase. Come to think of it, I haven't had a bubble-blowing party for a long time.....

Take coathangers or rubbercoated wire and make giant bubbleblowers about a foot across. If you make the solution strong enough, you can make 2 foot long bubbles! It's a favorite summer activity at my house and Girl Scout camp. Sure to draw a crowd....

I like to pull out the colored chalk and let the neighbor kids cover the sidewalks with their art. My daughters used to do a fine job of it, but they're rarely home in the summer anymore.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

bubble blowing and water balloon fights here... loads of fun... I don't have a neighborhood to speak of, but I do my best... ;)

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I missed the dormant one,did it get taken off?really?lol.Jody

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here is my "Special Wand for Formal Occasions"

Thumbnail by Moby

That says it all, Moby!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Really? Um, just what IS it saying?? LOL

Yeah, Moby is so "hot" that she can take a photo that gets a thread pulled. Gotta watch those Irish girls...

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

What a great idea,now I want one.But what don't I want.lol.
Do a naked fairy dance with your wand,now there's a photo.lol.
How do fairies dance anyway?I never get to see them,just feel them in the 6th sense sort of way.lol.
I still like the Calendar idea.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I know but I'm not tellin! I always mingle with the fairies on June 21. They love bubbles, you know!
And I love Amy Brown art ~

Thumbnail by Moby

I watched "Calender Girls" again tonight. Such a great film celebrating ladies who garden and are of a "certain age". Love it! To heck with America's obsession with youth. We older ladies know what we want & are willing to pay for it--our GARDENS , of course! LOL

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Very pretty fairy Moby.I'll have to remember June 21st.heehee sounds like a planet thing.
Wandasflowers,
Hey I'm not getting any fake parts thats for sure.lol.I think I'll grow old gracefully.heehee.

And what's the alternative to growing old? Dying? I think not!

Summer solstice.

Loved visiting Paris-all the young girls want to dress like us women (femmes d'une certaine age) of a certain age.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Summer solstice got ya.heehee
Dying no me either, just not ready yet.LOL.Jody

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.