Cheap Daylilies

Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

Thanks guys...uhhh i mean girls....lol

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

lol.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Happy A Bit Belated Birthday, David!!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear David, Happy Birthday to you! Hope you had a good one!

Hades, SC(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the Bayberry link! Placed a big order.

Lakeland, FL

hi to all, was surfing this am and found this forum. love it. i placed an order w/ bayberry. going to try hostas here in fla. i have been told they don't do well here but thought i would give them a chance. ordered daylilys to. happy new year to all. marilynne

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Glad you found us, Marilynne!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Y'all are such a bad influence on me. I went to bayberry row , just to 'look', of course, and I ended up ordering seven plants. I am making the excuse that my birthday is this month and I deserve them... sounds good on paper anyway... lol.. well this is what I got.. one of each: Bountiful Valley, Catherine Barks, Closer Look, Grand Merci, Hello Dolly, Role Model, and Soft Reply.

Happy New Year!

Starr

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Happy belated b-day to gender confused.hope you get it figured out. I also placed a big order to baberry row. sure hope they are nice. I got a velour jogging suit from dl for christmas, I'm a dirt junky can't see me in expensive suit, so it went back and money went to baberry row. much better choice for me. can't wait till spring

Also bought at bayberry row. 6 more daylilies- Banned In Boston, Frances Joiner, Cygnet Purple, Closer Look, Rainbow Candy and Patchwork Puzzle. Great cheapies! Thanks, Daylily!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I couldn't see where they were on sale. Is it over? I didn't see where they posted a sale.
Thanks

The sale's still on, I just checked. Kell, if you read the blurbs on each daylily, they all end with "HALF PRICE SALE." Also, when have you seen a plant for $2.50? (I think the last time was 1986 for a tiny thing at Bluestone Perennials).

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I bought 50, got carried away, prices were so good at bayberry row.I just realized I am going to have to plant them darn.

Thumbnail by veeja3
Central, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL, Veeja...I placed 3 daylily orders last week and am working on a 4th and don't even have a bed to plant them in. I requested them all delivered between 2nd week of May and June 1st...better get to digging I guess! Only problem is that right now if we aren't frozen, it's raining : (
Vicki

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

same problem here, it is always raining here it is seattle after all. before we moved here my mother in law told us they only told people it rained here because they didn't want them to move here. she lied it always rains here.never trust your mother in law.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL, that's funny!

We've had the 2nd wettest year on record so I must be getting a taste of your weather. I bet I've only had a handful of days dry enough to plant since the 1st of Oct. I'm getting ready to just start stripping off sod so at least that part will be done and maybe we'll dry up some between now and mid May. If it doesn't dry up, looks like I'll be buying lots of potting soil and pots : ) gotta have them daylilies!!!!!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow, Vicki! I give you a lot of credit. I can't even begin to think about digging in the yard. So wet. I REALLY should have at least put down newspaper and soil over that before I got out of the "mood". I'm hoping in March I can get out early and do that and then be ready to plant late April/early May. Right now I've got plans for only 1 new bed (but it's a big one). I'm trying to dream up something for the front yard, but I've not liked anything I've come up with yet. It's so shady in the remaining spots I have.

Silver Lance.....

Thumbnail by langbr
Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Wow, that's a pretty bloom!

I figure I can't hurt the soil structure by just stripping off sod. I can't bare to dig in my good beds when it's wet, spent too much time amending that darn clay to compact it again! I'll probably just put some straw over the newly naked parts so I don't end up with a big muddy "hog waller" : ) plus the sod is sooo much easier to remove when it's wet!

St Peters Village, PA(Zone 6a)

Another Good Sale

Another Good Sale

On Gail Korn's site (gardenperennials.net) a good selection is offered at 1/2 price (2.50 or 3.00) if you buy 5 or more.
'Kindly Light'(at the top of my list, da...) and another one I can't remember will not be offered at that price for 05.

Also check out the Iris spuria. I'm getting some.

Gotta go to work (taking down Xmas decorations at the retirement village where I do the landscaping.
Usually I freeze my fingers off but today its up to 55, again!!! But, that can't be good for plants, they're confused.
I am getting a jump by cleaning the beds.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

That was a very good tip. I just bought 8 plants for $38, S&H included, average $4.75. not bad

Edited to say I was referring to bayberryrow

This message was edited Jan 4, 2005 11:37 AM

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Vicki. Silver Lance was a bonus from Marietta this past year.

I, too, finally went to Bayberry against my better judgement. Gosh only knows where I'm going to put all these daylilies I'm ordering for Spring -- I'll be out there in March trying to get that new bed all ready for them. But hey, what deals!! I got:

Dancing Shiva
Late Again
Palomino Moon
Peacock Maiden
Purple Passage

$8.95 on average (including shipping).

This message was edited Jan 5, 2005 12:02 PM

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I won these on the lily auction.
Chicago Raspberry 3.00
Red Ribbons 3.00
Brocaded Gown 4.00
Dominic 3.00
So Lovely 3.00
Cleo 3.00
S&H 8.00
Total 27.00
Yellow Explosion
Orange Slice
Total $34.00

I haven't received the plants yet so I can't say how big,There supposed to be two fans each.I think this makes both their prices good and they have their shipping is low too.

http://www.bluegrassgardens.net/

Just getting into the the conversation.lol.Jody

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

That would be David's site.....dablaw.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Jody - I ordered from dablaw this past summer and the plants were excellent!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Good that's nice to know.
I'm sure I'll be happy with them.Jody

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Jody, are you tring to steal our thread ? bad Jody.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Carol,
I know I'm so sorry.
Jody
I'll let you get back to your party.lol.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Brenda, I love that Silver Lance. It is beautiful.

Hey langbr
Bayberry against my better judgement - what did you mean?
I just looked at photos of the ones I got this summer, granted they were smallish but all bloomed. So, what did you mean??

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Glad you asked that SpringOaks. I have a huge order for Spring also!

hooked,
Have you ordered before??

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

No, I just saw the half of sale last fall that someone here posted and thought what a great deal!

The Watchdog looked good!

This message was edited Jan 5, 2005 9:41 AM

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh...no...no -- I've never ordered from them and I'm sure they are great based on what I've read here from others who have. I've just spent so much on daylilies already for Spring shipment. I'm not sure where I'm going to put them all!!! LOL

I didn't mean to alarm anyone and I'll edit my post so future readers won't think I was insinuating something bad about Bayberry.

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks langbr!
Had me worried! LOL-Know what you mean about ordering to many!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL, I was just going to answer for langbr if she hadn't already. She's just a gardening fool! ;)

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Am not! snicker-snicker-snort I've said it many times before....... My eyes are bigger than my beds. Akin to "your eyes being larger than your stomach" when eating too much.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL, I suffer from that with plants and food!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL, y'all!!! I suffer from a slightly differ version of that same disease. It is 'my eyes are bigger than my pocketbook'. ;)

Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

I'm still praying for 36 hour days!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by dablaw

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.