Help On Defining Light Requirements???

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I am really a numbskull when it comes to houseplants. I'm learning, but admittedly, slowly.

I got a great list of low light, medium light, and high light plants from another forum, but I really don't know how to define these light groups in my home. I would love to know what kind of light situations these categories might include.

For instance, what light group would an area about 3 ft away from and adjacent to a north-facing double window be in? Do almost all plants need to be right at a window? If a plant is more than 4 ft from a window is that automatically a low-light area, even if the window faces south? I'm so unsure about how to determine the light in my home. Can anyone help me out? My plants and I would really appreciate it :)

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Read here for some definitions on the light requirements:

http://www.bachmans.com/retail/tipsheets/indoor_plants/IndoorPlforVaryingLight.cfm

Hope that helps,

Milan

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

That is exactly what I needed, Milan :) Thank you so much! I've just started getting interested in houseplants and have been so thankful for the helpful info from friends at DG. Hopefully, I'll be able to salvage some of my not-so-happy plants and have success with some newer ones :) Thanks, again!

--Hugs (Jacci)

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, that is helpful for me, too. Maybe I can clear out my windowsill a bit!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.