Pitcher plant has lost its pitchers

Tilton, NH(Zone 4a)

My little pitcher plant was so cute when my husband brought it home to me, and I kept it over the sink, where I could keep it watered and misted regularly. It is in an east-facing window, which ought to be enough sun, but...

All the pitchers died and what came up instead are flat, like leaves. They still have the rib showing on one side, but I can't figure out what I have done wrong. I was hoping someone has some advice for me, so this poor baby can go back to being itself!

Thanks,
Cedar

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

on ebay they say they are entering a dormant stage this time of yr-mine still has pitchers and is making more-so im unsure!!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

It's likely just a natural reaction, maybe to the change of environment?

How long ago did your DH bring it home?

I bought a little one that was on sale at the grocery store, and lost it altogether, so I think as long as yours is developing new leaves, the 'pitchers' will eventually develop at the ends of those leaves.

Sounds like you're doing something right!!

Tilton, NH(Zone 4a)

Um, I think it has been about two months. It lost its pitchers within two weeks, and I spent some time looking in my books before I thought to post on Dave's about it. I'm hoping it is just lack of light and they'll come back in the spring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.