Canadian Roundup part 3 /29 Nov/2004

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the explanation Laura. vbg.

Hi Lana, welcome to the Canadian Forum! :-)

Shannon

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Glad to hear you're coming, Lana. :)

Ok, so we have established that we don't want a "white" t-shirt. Now, do we want to go with the t-shirt rather than tote bag? Got the quote from Ontario today, it read: "Thank you for your request for a custom quote from Love a Tree Cotton Gift Bags. Your cost on a One Colour Screen Printed Large Tote would be $7.10 each plus GST, shipping included. The minimum order for screen printing is 24 bags". Now, do you think we will need 24 bags by April 1? If so, then this would definitley be cheaper than t-shirts.

Inanda, I realize you can get tote bags for cheap in a lot of places, but the point being, don't we want to have them screen printed with the RU info and possibly DG logo? That's were the extra cost comes in. Although, I didn't think $7.10 was bad.

So what say you all?

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Either is fine with me. I have a slight preference for a tote, but I'm just thrilled to be going to a RU, & would be more than happy with a T-shirt as well. Thanks for doing all this research, Donna!

Shannon

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

If it's one colour printing, what colour? Black? dark Green? I'd rather have a tote bag. I think we'd be able to use the 24, I'm sure the folks that wanted to come, but for unforseeable circumstances have had to cancel, might want one, as well as other members.

Linda

not posting much, just having a few 'quite' days

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Hi Linda,

Good to hear from you! Quiet days are important, and hard to come by in our so-called "developed" society.

Good point about the extras - I don't think we have to worry about having too many on our hands. If we got tote bags, and if there were extras on our hands that no one wanted to buy, I'd buy another one. Same with T-shirts.

Shannon

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

tote is ok but my preference would be long sleeve t since i use them for running, chores and gardening and they wear out quickly - can never have too many
totes i have in abundance - seem to get them as a handout from too many places

any color but blue suits me

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Wow - here you have to pay anywhere from $5 to $15 for them. Maybe we can set up a trade - 2 t-shirts for a canvas tote? :-) Mine are mostly short-sleeved, tho'.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

I'll go with the flow - of course. But not white whatever.

Inanda aka Ginny

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I'm open to whatever.

I'd prefer a tote.

Bryson, QC(Zone 4a)

Makes no difference for myself....White is not my top choice for colour -but whatever..
Ingrid

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Oops..meant to post that I heard from Dema.......said she'd be unable to attend.

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Ok, I e-mailed this gal from Love a Tree in Ontario and asked how much it would cost to put the RU lettering and logo on the tote and sent her a picture of the logo and this is her response. "I would go with an iron-on transfer as all of the colours will come out nice and clear. Your cost for a bag with a transfer including the writing would be $11.00 per bag plus GST. You would not have to order 24 as there are no minimums with the iron-on.

I am getting the impression that more want the tote than the t-shirt. If you want one, let me know and I'll put in an order. There is a possibility of having both t-shirts and totes made up, for those such as Lynn that just don't want a tote.

The benefits of a tote would be that we wouldn't have to worry about sizes and colors. The other plus is that it is a Canadian Co. Something to think about. Let me know what to do.

Bryson, QC(Zone 4a)

Tote is fine, and if everyone is going T-Shirt large for me just in case they shrink..
Best Wishes, Ingrid

Bryson, QC(Zone 4a)

Also, if MG99, and jagonjune would like one..I will cover this for them.
Ingrid

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Absolutley NOT Ingrid. Thank you for the kind offer though. When you get out here, may I'll let ya buy me a coke or something sweet and chocolately. I think when you are among the travelling attendees, you have enough money laid out already

OFG, I think you opened a can of worms. HHMMM T or tote? Long sleeves or short? colours? I"ll go with what ever the majority want, you know my size XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL well, maybe not quite that big. LOL

Linda

I'd like a tote please. Thanks for organizing this.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

me too, ............a tote, please! thankyou all..........E

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

A T would be nice for the wearing, but a tote is useful for the trip and also a nice keepsake. :) Either is fine.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

ok i cave a tote it is

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Ok, here's my take on this situation. The Tote Vote has it? (snicker...)

The people below have mentioned (or at least hinted) that they want one.

OldFlowerGirl (Donna) - Yes
Paradise (Ingrid) - Yes
jagonjune (Lynne) - Yes
MG99 (Linda) - Yes
spklatt (Shannon) - Yes
Roselaine (Elaine) - Yes
brugcrazy (Jeanne) -Yes
Heatherbelle (Heather) - Yes
inanda (Ginny) - Yes
Lilypon (Pam) and DD - Yes (2?)
Kooger (Laura) and Sister - yes
yumiko - Yes
Sunrise (Dawn)
Solomon (Lana)
Ceedub (Christine) - Yes
Nightowl2 -- yes

Liz (probably) - yes

Maybes:
ggd (Glenda)
Rikerbear (Marc) & SO

That is 14 confirmed that they want a Tote at $11.00. There are some on the list that have not committed one way or the other. If you have decided, please let us know now. If you are down on the list and don't really want one, please let us know that too. Now my question is, do we go ahead and buy extra for the ones that are Probably & Maybe's?

What say you all again?

This message was edited Dec 9, 2004 8:01 AM

This message was edited Jan 6, 2005 1:44 PM

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I can personally commit to buying an extra tote or two, if there are leftovers...I can think of a couple of worthy places for them to go! ;-)

Even tho I probably can't go, I'd like to buy a tote too, if that's okay? Thanks.

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Of course, Christine. Who knows, maybe something good will happen between now and then, and maybe you could still come. Maybe...

I sure hope so; I'd really hate to miss out. I'll just keep buying those lottery tickets ... aka investments for people who can't do math ... lol. Thanks Donna.

Bryson, QC(Zone 4a)

ceedub
Christine ,I hope you can come as well ..Looking forward to seeing you again.
We're all going to have a Great time together!!!!!
Prayers, are with you.
Be Blessed, Ingrid

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

I've just got home late last night from vacation for the last two weeks ,so have been catching up on postings this morning, A tote bag would be great with me.
Thanks for the seeds, Linda - I will catch up with you later this week.
Heather

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Welcome home Heather, hope you had a nice holiday...some place dry!! ;-)

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Just heard from Daryl from Vernon, B.C. responding to my invitation to come to the Round Up. Sounds like such a nice fella, I thought I'd share what he had to say:

Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply,I've been busy at work as of late.
The round up sounds great as do the tours,my wife and I used to reside in Victoria and would love to return!
Unfortunatly with my job (chef and food and beverage manager at local golf and country club)would not prove to be good timing for myself,our season would just be starting and impossible for me to attend (rats).
I do enjoy DG and the people I've met in the forums, please keep in touch if there are any future round ups,for I would like to attend one if the timing is right.
Thanks for the invite and hope to hear from you in the future.
Daryl Carlyle
Vernon B.C."

I wrote to tell Daryl that he will have to stop into the forum now and then so I have an ally from the B.C. interior. I feel so alone....

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Poor Donna! ;)

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Well, I guess you know what it's like too, huh Pam. Poor us, no friends!! LOL

You know, I invited 8 BC people, and only two have responded. I guess we can only assume that the rest can't make it. :(

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

yup I was thinking we are a pretty lonely lot......there are however a few SK people that jump in occasionally. Lynn tho felt very alone, for a whole year she was the only Alberta member.

This message was edited Dec 5, 2004 6:57 PM

fort erie, ON(Zone 6a)

I guess i will not be going way way to far away for me ,thanks for the invite though

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Liz, Sunrize, Yumiko, Solomon, and Kooger. Will you ladies be wanting a souvenir RU tote?

Bryson, QC(Zone 4a)

jagonjune
I still can't beleive this.....I just received my itinerary.You took care of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's an amazing Blessing that you gave me. I'am so ever VERY THANK-FULL.......
Big Hug & Kiss!!
You have mail
Blessings, Ingrid

Campbell River, BC(Zone 8a)

Can I put my name in on a tote? I'm still hoping to come. I've actually worked 2.5 days this month and 3.5 last month. So you never know. I don't suppose you'd let me put my tent up in your yard would you Linda?

Sandy

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Sandy, you're welcome to tent in the yard, but I think it'll still be chilly for camping, but it's there if you are up to it.

Linda

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Yes, please put me down for a tote. I am on the 'maybe' list at present. If I can't get my 'green card' renewed and have to refile, I will not be able to come. I can't leave the US between filings of first set of papers and 2nd set of papers. Hopefully the renewal will happen!

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

No problem nightowl & kooger. We'll keep our fingers crossed for ya Laura. Did you want one for your sister too? How about you Pam, will your DD want one? Probably not, huh? I know teenagers! :D

Sunrise, Solomon, Yumiko? Glenda?

This message was edited Dec 9, 2004 7:59 AM

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

good question raised "a quick question pam thread"

we seem to have raised and skirted a number of hot spots but maybe we should get a head start on possible trouble spots in non gardening topics/customs

seems like sofar we have talked online about religious customs re sunday morning stuff without any major conflict; smoking (sounds like everybody will be pretty considerate - but must warn i tend to be a bit of an agressive anti on this one which i will try to keep under control); same sex issues (didn't seem to raise any big response either)

does drinking or abstaining therefrom hit any buttons with anyone?

any big political issues that are red flags for anyone that we might skirt or be careful of? (grammar police on that preposition there)

can't imagine there are gardening topics that could get us going - unless its the chemical vs organic division?

seems that we are a pretty mellow bunch - how Canadian of us

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.