Anyone doing a spring Iris co-op?

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I want to cover my front porch,heck no one can see it out here anyway.LOL.Cause if I do it myself,it might not turn out to well.LOL.I'll beg my son and brother-n-law to do it.how much was the clear covering?jody

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

( $9.00 a sheet }
but will last a life time well mine any how at 62 i think it will be here after I'm gone

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I though it was about that.My porch is 12 ft tall and 8 x 16.I have a propane wall heater unit I had as backup in another trailer.I thought it might just work in the winter.I can hardly wait.Have you filled yours up yet?LOL.Jody

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

I'll go in with a spring iris coop so puleeze see if the spring supplier will ship to Canada - with phyto of course.
Inanda aka Ginny

still got to finish floor and electric but got a neat shelf in trash it was so nice i knocked on door to make sure and she said haul it off that why she put my curb trash man wont take thing like that to heavy but lots of people like me help out LOL I'm down in back and I'm in agony but dear husband and i got it in van and son unloaded ,happy dance I just fit my budget free . HEE HEE

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

So happy for you Tazzy.
I brought home a coffee table top that someone carried out to the dumpster in Idaho where we were camping.
Hubby said, you're bringing that thing home??
No room, he said. Oh yea, I said. Of course I found room in the little car that we pull.
Couldn't put it under the table in the RV, as their was flowers already there along with some rocks for my rock bed around one of my ponds.

Maxine

Maxine i collect rocks too. we went on my first trip out of OK&Kansas when i was 26 , I got rocks in every state coming home our car blew up .I took a bus home .you are only allowed so many bags so I mailed cloths home and tossed a lot but took rocks on bus when guy was loading them he said "what the heck you got here rocks " ?I just smiled and said "could me " I never leave a state with out a pretty rock still to this day .

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Tazzy, I try to do the same thing.

Last fall when we were in Idaho, I came home with ice cream opal and another one called honey ?
Will have to look that last name up.
Needless to say either one of those are not going outside.
Did pick up some more in Souix Falls, S.D. also last fall
Don't you have a reddish rock that looks like a rose in your state? I still haven't found where they are located.
Do you know where?

Maxine

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Tazzy, I can just see you standing there looking at the bus driver with a sly, evil grin on your face!! LOL!

Its a gift, mgm i just smile and im like the comerical when i open mouth and put foot in I say thank you.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

LOL Tazzy! I can just see you loading rocks on the bus! Have you always been this way ? You are wonderful!

No greenhouse here--just dogs & ferrests & kids & DH to mess up the house all winter. Think I'll go stick my nose in new copy of Garden Gate for awhile.

WAIT TELL I GET SCANNER CAN SHOW YOU PIC SINCE 10 YEARS THAT SHOW I AM A NUT .PROBABLY SOONER CAUSE DEAR Gd IS JUST 8 AND SHES A CLONE OF ME ALREADY .LOOK OUT WORLD ANOTHER TAZZY ON THE HORIZON

ANOTHER TAZZY???? Do you think the world can handle a clone of you? LOL Stilll waiting for those Iris photos ....

still waiting for scaner to come ?

Hey, when it comes give me a holler. I have to scan stuff everyday for business. And, for the last 3 years, I've scanned over 1500 photos for our High School Choir Memory Book & photo CD. I scan all the flower photos I like too.

got the dear thing can copy one pic bar shows do 4 to a page cant separate them oh i never learn .???

Thumbnail by tazzy

more folly for dummy me 1# &2# top l-R1# Spining wheel 2# jitterbug
bottom L-R 3 # Rhod.bush # 4 Mind Reader this is a tb in the luminita style like Moonlite Sea

This message was edited Dec 17, 2004 11:56 PM

Thumbnail by tazzy
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

By golly Tazzy, I think that you have the hang of it!!

Lovely iris.

Maxine

GO Tazzy---Tazzy--great flowers!!!!!!! Now I see them and I can envy you!

After you scan and get the photos on screeen, take your cursor and point on the pic you want to save. Hold down the mouse button and open a dashed window that fits just one pic.
You can stretch or shrink it at the corners by using your cursor. Kind of "pull" open the dashed window & let go a bit at the time until you have the image you want in the window. I usually scan 3 horizontal or 4 vertical at a time , but you can "turn" them later in your picture files.

Hit "true color" on the left. Check the bottom left of the screen where it has 2 white boxes & numbers + a % . I usually type in 3.00 (3 inches) in one of the windows. The other window should adjust proportions accordingly. When you save, you will get a smaller file that is easier to email & post. I like mine to be less than 50KB for emailing.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Tazzy - what's the name of the iris in the lower right of your pic above. Love that Rhodie (or is it an azalea?).

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I have been buying from schriners for yrs and love their iris

Brenda go back up i edited them and put names with them

CHATTER 1995 TB.

Thumbnail by tazzy

humph! Pout. My Chatter didn't bloom yet & this was the second summer. Do you suppose Walker has been "favoring it"?

Tazzy--Walker told me he loves you but I "spect it's just those rawhide bones you sent him. The rest of the house was safe for a 1/2 hour.... :)

A whole half hour ? Its not him its the gerbil's ? Honest he swears he is not doing any thing naughty. Put he co fessed he is kinda fond of Iris Chatter

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Maxine,
I think the rock is called a desert rose; maybe Arizona.
I'll have to look that one up.Jody

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Jody C. Some good info on those web sites.

Maxine

Tazzy is just turning into a real scanning fool! You go Tazzy!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Yay Tazzy!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Taz,
You have that scaner figured out.LOL.Jody

Just about !, now I'm working on my editing. The more you know the more you need to know . learning mother always said the day you do not learn something new is the day you die .

Gee, I should live forever--I have LOTS to learn!

me too

Garnett Sport .1980 ? Its is more red purple then this picture >BUt its a blooming iris and has good bud placement

Thumbnail by tazzy
Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Great pics, Taz! And your mom was right... folks need to learn something every day... ;)

Gee Tazzy, you keep using terms like "bud placement" and mentioning you're an iris judge---people won't buy that "Okie hick" act of yours any more.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL, Wanda... you've blown her cover...

I sat down with her & her iris photo album at the Kentucky round Up for a quickie course in Iris breeding & judging. Learned ALOT in the few minutes we were undisturbed. Tazzy is one smart lady!

Oh shucks you found me out ?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.