First Frost

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Thank you Adina for your kind message, lots of turkey and trimmings, but no pies for me, today is so gorgeous, sorry I know I am sounding like a broken record, but after it rains here, everything starts blooming, walking in our garden today, we noticed that all of our aloe have their flower heads appearing [we usually have them blooming in the early Springtime] and the honeysuckle is bright orange/red and covered in bloom [ good food for the hummingbirds] many seeds coming up..I will have lots of them [pink mimosa] and I do love the trees..[these have all self seeded]..I just get so tickled to see them..like new friends appearing !!
Thank you also for your information for growing the Poinsettias I am going to try that and see what damage I can do...would you believe we only live 50 miles from Paul Eckes Poinsettia ranch in Escondido...we have not visited but they show a lot on TV every year [ I think there are special times to visit].. Have always wanted to, when I feel better I will definately make the trip up there..They supply all of our San Diego TV stations with hundreds of them [potted]..have you seen the new rosettes ? they look like double flowered camelias...so lovely... [ you would be in heaven I know]...and an amazing array of colors, looking forward to seeing their new ones [ closely guarded secrets]..I will give your recommendations a try this year..Could you give me an idea what kinds of seeds you would like ? I grow a lot of tropicals, but have some hardy heliconias that will take frost..others but maybe I should mail you..then you can tell me what you want to try...Take care, keep warm, marion
ps your dog would have mine for supper..he is so big and cute..well, I guess mine are ''cute'' too but a very tiny [teacup] Chihuaua [ 2 of them]...

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

How wonderful ! Paul Ecke is your neighbour ! I'm looking forward to find out about what poinsettia they'll have this year. It would be wonderful if you could make a trip to his farm.
I don't really know what seeds should I want, but we'll keep in touch.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Adina, unfortunately I will not be able to visit this year, but perhaps next year I hope, I am doing a little better, and that would be so much fun...Yes, I too am looking forward to seeing the new varieties...it really is fantastic to see the thousands ?? of them in their huge greenhouses [ those places are so large, not sure you could class them as ''greenhouses'']...pity they did not have seeds..now that is a question for the experts...[never thought to ask..never seen any seeds]..
probably air layering, or what you did with the cuttings [good for you that was fabulous]..I think tissue culture is a big thing now...
Well, we had a real freeze last night went down to 28* brrhh! can never remember November being this cold, not in our 40 yrs here..today very sunny and crisp..thought my banana plants would not have made it [ the pups] but they are fine..thank goodness!! I plan to put a list together then you can tell me if you want, will make sure they can take cold weather..know right now is too cold, but later when it warms in Europe...you will have to give me a date to send..take care, marion

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Sorry I've been away from the thread for a while. My cousin's staying and we're doing loads of work in the garden - I have to make full use of him as he's only here for a fortnight (goes on thursday) :( He's been teaching me to use a chain saw :O

Thanks for the kind comments on the wader photo Blooms and Marion - yes, I'll pop it and a few more of that sunset on the photos forum when I get a minute :)

Love your photo of Bo in autumn Baa. The forest looks so lovely!

Hi Boot - what a great photo of the Pacific. Wonderful to have images of those two great oceans on the same thread! Any more anyone?
Is that an Agave americanum in the foreground?

Thanks for all the info and photo Adina. Do you have a photo of Boss? Do you get a lot of snow each winter?

Hardy Heliconias maria?? - I didn't know there were any of those. I have a small collection of gingers - mainly Hedichiums - and am seeing how they fair here. We are having a fair bit of frost - quite white this morning, but I'm not sure how the winter will go overall...

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Philomel, welcome back, hope the work is not too strenuous back there...we are having some real frosts here, apparantly some weather related storms coming down here from Alaska..has really brought us all freezing temps at night [Jackie Frost] brrhhh !!...we are all totally unprepared, a bit of a scramble to get our tropicals inside [ and other plants]
They are even complaining in San Diego as they do not have it as cold normally..[neither do we..not this cold]..
The Heliconia that I was refering to [Adinas] is Heliconia schiedeana and will take frost [can send you some too if you would like to try]..Thought possibly wait until the weather warms in case the seed freezes..?
Let me know...marion

Blenheim, New Zealand

hopefully we don't get anymore frosts for a while.but some times it does happen.
The plant is Phormium I will not be sure which one till the seeds are set. and then I will do a
Weezingreen,LOL

Thanks marion - I'd love some if you have it to spare. Please look at my list (very short) if there's anything you like there I'll send it or let me know if you can think of anything I may have that you'd like

LOLOL boot ;oD
Thanks for the ID

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I've been away a while and enjoyed catching up. These pictures are all just great! On the pointsettias, I have one that had 2 blooms in a west window and another that had 1 bloom in a north window. One of my pointsettias had seeds. I could find nothing on how to propagate, so I just planted them like a normal seed, of course, nothing came up. Drat!

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Philomel, would you want to try some Pitaya [dragon fruit?] I only have the yellow seeds [Hylocereus.spp] will need the red ones [Hylocereus undatus] to flower and set fruit..the flowers on the red are night blooming and spectacular, it also has the best fruit...I can track down some seeds for the red...
[got to have the two for cross pollination]...
could email you some particulars about it...I did post on one of the forums...I think tropicals..I am sure it was Pitaya thread..if not, can send separately...
Do you think it would be o'k to send them now? never done this in the winter before [could put them in a bubble bag along with the heliconia]...
Adina, how about yours, do you still prefer to wait?...
would you let me know.. and Hilary can I have your feedback please about the seeds....marion :)

Thanks for the offer of the hylocereus Marion. They're lovely plants - and i love scented things, but I don't think I have anywhere to grow them to their full potential here, so will stick with just the Helioconia if that's OK thanks. I'm very happy to wait til spring for the seeds - I shan't sow them til then anyway, so no hurry at all :)

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

will do :) I have a list written out..m

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

This is for you Adina, my San Diego Home/garden magazine just arrived and Paul Ecke Ranch is advertising their poinsettias [ the news/tv studios have their usual lovely display around the news desks]....
Not seen this yet but much information about their poinsettias on this web site..hope you can locate...
www.pauleckepoinsettias.com.
How do you spend Christmas where you are, ? do you have the same celebrations, you should tell us about it...and how is your weather faring... marion

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

hmmmmm !! yum yum... have been visiting the ranch..2 new ones are not posted yet.. these are Chianti Red and Enduring Pink....my favourites from what I could find..Plum Pudding [purple] Winter Rose [marbled] and Red Velvet..[orange red]
There were others, another two caught my eye..Peterstar [marbled] and Peterstar Red... did not realise there were so many different colors....lovely..

Hello !
I'm sorry I've been away for 2 days, we have a lot of work to do at the office.
Yes, philomel, we have a lot of snow every winter and frosts. Now is a very warm day, for this time of year 15 degrees C. I'll send a picture of Boss and many more if you want.

Hi, Marion ! How are you ! I've visited the ranch myself and found gorgeous the new poinsettias. I like the Holly Point. As I know, the poinsettias propagate from cuttings only, as did the first man who brought them, Poinsett. I'll write to you about our holidays and Christmas.
Friendly,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Lovely that you're back :)
Any photos are really welcome.....
That's a great one of Boss - he looks as if he is too (the Boss) LOL

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

He is a lovely dog Adina, and yes, so big, over here they are called German shepards, but in England they are Alsatians [not sure if I spelled that right] they are huskier than the American breeds...Sorry that I got them mixed up [ wrong dog] must explain I go off to sleep at the strangest times, usually with my fingers still on the keyboard, can sleep like this for an hour, wake up hands still on keyboard, so I start typing again and if I am not wearing my glasses [sometimes forget] can get confused [the odd sleeping pattern is healh related] and I also stay up until wee hours until I cannot stay up any longer..this way can sleep better eventually! [sometimes] well there you have it..
Welcome news about our weather next week should be much warmer, that unstable air from Alaska has certainly caused problems for us..rain forcast for the weekend..we can always use rain tho, and helps our drought situation a lot..
You are way ahead of me concerning the Poinsetta, will have to find out more about them...I am still looking at Plum pudding..love the purples...so many..pity I could not send you some cuttings, but I think they would freeze ??

I will also send you info on the Plumerias you mentioned that you are not familiar..they are lovely, mainly from Hawaii and south Pacific Islands, altho grown all over, different countries..Australia, Mexico, etc.,
Back to Christmas gift wrapping, spent 7 hours yesterday wrapping and parceling up gifts up for the UK..whow!! back breaking work that...but its done..
Would love to see more pictures of Boss...take care, greetings from here, marion

Hi, dear friends !
Today is the first of our winter celebrations : St. Nicolae (Nicholas). We call him Mos (old man)Nicolae. The custom is that Mos Nicolae comes to the good children and brings gifts in their boots. The children clean their boots on the St. Nicolae's Eve and put it at the door so that Mos Nicolae would find it and put some sweets inside.
We've also received something from him (of course, I am the one who bought it all) some chocolate, wafers, candies.

I forgot to tell you about the seeds, Marion. I also would like to wait until spring.
We have a warm weather too on these days, a little rain. We have caught a cold and, especially my husband, don't feel too well. I hope you are better. What are your doggies doing ?

Here is another picture of Boss.
Have a great day !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Boss is the cutest looking dog, he looks like he is very comfortable and relaxed lying there, ours we cannot keep them from bouncing around, altho to be truthful they do not stay with us in our living room [I am not even supposed to be around them..so my doctor states] but they are just lovable little pets, so the compromise is that they sleep in another room [our patio room] and come in here to visit me...The Chihuahua's are from Mexico, mine are the real small ones, and funny, the tiny once bounces all the time...and full of energy..her favourite place to be is in the kitchen bouncing in front of the fridge door waiting for chicken [everything to them is 'chicken']

That is so interesting about your holiday season, do the children have a count down to Christmas ? and do they put the sweets in their shoes Christmas eve [or do you put the sweets in their shoes]..is this equivalant to the Christmas stockings, and do you have those?..and do you put presents in front of the Christmas tree ? this is how it is over here in the USA and the UK...
Does anyone put coal on the front door step the way they used to when I was growing up there...possibly a custom that has gone I should imagine...
I was reading about the summer Poinsettias that will be out in the summer of '05, [ garden variety]..so me thinks possibly I may be able to send some cuttings...I have had to go on a waiting list at Paul Ecke's ranch...
Sorry to hear you are not doing too well Adina, tis the season for it, hope it does not last too long and you and your husband can feel a lot better...
The rush has started here to shop, and mail and get the decorations out and get everything sorted out...
Looking for warmer weather, the rain did come, and it isgood, we do need, today was sunny but real cool...so hope it warms up real soon....keep warm, feel better..marion

Hi Marion ! We are better now, thank you for your wishes. The parents are the one to put the gifts in their children's boots. I wait until everyone is asleep and then put all the presents in each one's boots . I have to hide the gifts very well, so they would't find it. I usually hide it in the kitchen or in the closet, under some bowls or papers.
Yes, is the same with your stockings, but we don't have this custom . We also put presents under the Christmas tree, but we don't unfold them on the Christmas Eve. We make the tree on this very night and, when the children are asleep, put the presents under the tree so they could find it in the morning. My children like, even now when they are grown-ups (Andreea almost 21 and Ionut, 18)to find the tree done and the presents under in the Christmas morning. They wake up very early , because they are anxious to see what Santa has brought them. Me and my husband, were pretending we were still asleep and watched them while were so surprised about the gifts .
In Romania we don't have this custom with the coal, but we have others.
I'll tell you tomorrow.
Do you really mean it with the stems of poinsettia ? It would be so lovely !
This is a picture of Boss with our friend's dog, Benitto, who was staying with us for a month, while they were on vacation. He was 6 months old .

This morning we had another frost. I hope we'll have some snow for Christmas. Do you have any snow in Europe ?
Take care,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Hi Adina and Marion. Sorry not to be here often, but am so busy at the moment. It's wonderful to see all youer postings and read about the different customs etc. We used to fill the childrens' stockings while they were asleep (they were on the end of the bed, not hidden) with nuts and fruit and little toys from 'Father Christmas' and they would wake up very early and open them. Later in the morning the whole family would gather and exchange the gifts to and from each other that were under the tree. We still do this and take it in turns to open a present :)

We haven't got any snow right where I live as we're too low down, but there is plenty not far away in the Pyrenees

Thumbnail by philomel

Ooops, I've already posted that one :O

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Remember those times Philomel, our stocking hanging from the bed post at the bottom of the bed, and getting up at the crack of dawn to tiptoe down stairs as to not waken our parents and find the gifts waiting for us around the tree..those were happy days..and lovely memories....
Yes, tis the season to be busy, my spare time is filling out Christmas cards, a lot of parcels have already gone off....
That was so interesting about the shoes, and your own customs Adina, that all originated from somewhere, I know Europe has slightly different ones, but we all finish up around the Christmas tree, Here in the USA many people open their gifts Christmas eve, but we have always opened ours Christmas Day, as was our custom....
Yes, I meant the cuttings, hopefully will be able to package them properly and not have any problems..I did get an email from Paul Ecke ranch, explaining again that they will not be ready to ship until August, so hopefully by October will be able to send them...I do not have my glasses on so will have to in order to see your picture...
always enjoy looking at them...nice to see the snow and mountains again Hilary, no probs posting twice...it is hard to keep track sometimes...especially right now..
Well, frost all gone here, but more rain, they were explaining on weather channel, that this is from the monsoons that they have had in the Philipines [ bout a week ago]...heavy rain there, it has caught up with us...as we are spoiled with so much sunshine, we are finding the rain rather a pain, but we do need so badly, Friday back to sunshine and warm weather again, so looking forward to that....happy baking and wrapping everyone....

ps just a side note, thought you may have a smile over this one..my hubby took a huge parcel to mail [ going to the UK] in the post office he was informed that now we must put UNITED KINGDOM on our mail [instead of UK]..as the mail is being directed to the UKRAINE :>( can you believe this, all of our christmas cards have been sent off so only hoping someone knows the difference.....?

Yes, cake baking any minute - should have done it ages ago!

So UK is now the Ukraine LOL
Strangely I have an English friend whose son is now living in Washington and whos wife is from the Ukraine *grin*

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

I am cheating again Philomel, have all my cakes 'done'..
that is the Bronte Collection and Norfok Manor..English Christmas fruit cakes, full of marzapan [family would never forgive me otherwise]..soaking in brandy and sherry wine..used to make all my own but don't anymore..have recipes that are 40yrs old..same with the Christmas pudd..but harder to get the mincemeat now minus suet cannot make it without suet..One of these days will get my baking cap on again, that would be nice...sigh!!!
now to get this UK business sorted out :)

Hi, everyone ! It's freezing in Bucharest, it even snowed for a while, but not anymore.
Marion, I like cooking too, always make some cakes. These I like best ! Here are some cream donuts I've made. What is suet ?

About the customs, we are waiting for the childrean to come and sing at our door, like yours do, Christmas songs . A day before Christmas they sing "The Star is rising " and they have a made-up star in their hands.

Get well,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Good evening to you Adina, [lunch time here in San Diego] can I pop over for one of those yummy donuts with a cup of hot coffee [don't I just wish] they do look delicious can almost smell the aroma..yum!!..do you have the fruit cakes too like we do and in the UK too ?.. hope you and hubby are well recovered now...so you now have your snow..and you kknow it will return..sounds real cold, hate to say this but we are having glorious sunshine [ yes, its back, if I could reach out would give Mr Sun a hug and a kiss]...its in the mid 80's here sorry cannot remember celcius..possibly 28* ??? we are so happy to see the warmer sunny weather again, and goodbye to the rain for a while...we are not used to that so of course everyone complains, but we are still in our drought [it costs a fortune to import water here] this is from other states..
Wanted to give you the correct definition from the dictionary regarding suet..sounds awful but have to have it in suet puddings [yum yum] and Christmas pudd especially...[the beef industry has suffered so that is why we could not buy the suet for quite some time]...
here goes !
[fat,tallow] the hard, crumbly fat deposited around the kidneys and loins of cattle and sheep, used in cooking and making tallow...[ sounds quite gross when you read about it like this]...however it is the staff of life almost to most Brits who grew up on steamed puddings made with suet, [we did in the winter time especially] not forgetting leek pudding which my mother could turn into a masterpiece [drooling thinking about it] I have made it in our early days, but could not imagine in a hot climate eating suet pudd...so there you have it..I am sure you must make something similar but under a different name...I do remember finally being told what black pudding was and I was so grossed out, couldn't believe it...
Do the Brits still eat it Philomel ? [usually for breakfast]...
Really looking forward to picking up my Poinsettias this week, was going to phone the florists, see if I can find the purple one...[Plum pudding]...we'll see, probably cost an arm and a leg..
Well, those Christmas cards are calling again, more stuff to wrap, so off I go again...sweet dreams to you Adina, and everyone else...
ps: no Christmas carollers at our doors here, we have to go to the parks or special Christmas events where they are on the programme, usually Charles Dickens type of dress and singing ye olde English carols, we used to make a small fortune when we were kids growing up in the UK..made our tours every evening..was worth being frozen stiff to make the cash we did [grin]..what kids won't do for the good old dollar [green backs]..or the pound sterling...but our hearts were in the right place [right, planning how to spend the loot]....cheers !!!!! marion

Yes, black pudding is alive and well and living in the UK and also here in france we have not only black pudding, but red and white too ;)
I love black pud yum

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

ah but the one hundred dollar question is Phil do you know how they make black pudding ?..I remember the white [a little spicy yum yum] but the black NO WAY.... I am wailing.........
ps my son will be staying with us next weekend, so he is getting the works, roast beef, yorkshire pudd, roast spuds and Christmas pudd [now steeping in brandy as I speak well, type]..with Devonshire cream custard [I cannot make it this good]...but no black pudding for breakfast [ugh] and none of that luscious back gammon that we used to love... LOL

There are some lovely cuts of ham here

......and yes I do know what goes into black pudding, terrible aren't I ?
:oD

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

you could always try smoked kippers, but I guess if you are addicted to it..[one of my girlfriends has an English friend who buys it all the time [imported] and she made a bet with my friend that if she tried it she would really like..you know what happened..[it has to be an acquired taste I think]......
and I am sure addiction..honest be honest, it does not taste that good unless you drown it with sauce...LOL
but enjoy, I used to like tripe when I was young so how gross was that [ tripe and onions]..now I really am getting personal [grin]..

I was born in Chester and my Mum regularly cooked tripe and onions with the most heavenly creamy sauce and mashed potatoes YUM One of my childhood comfort foods ;oD
I continued to cook it until tripe as we know it disappeared from the shops.
In France it's all messed up with tomatoes and garlic LOL

Blenheim, New Zealand

the donut's make me hungary, and I like white pudding. never got round too the black.

Ooooh how could I have missed your doughnuts Adina?
They look scrumptious!!!
Thanks for mentioning them boot :)

BTW Black pudding is really scrummy too

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

DON'T believe it boot, it is so gross, take my word for it..Philomel is just joking....[smile]
ps glad you enjoyed the tripe/onions I can remember coming home from school, freezing cold weather, and as soon as I got home I could smell it cooking..my mom made a cream sauce too..a little on the spicy side but so delicious..[and not forgetting those mashed potatoes either]I never did get her recipes, my sister has them and still uses, my mum was such a great cook but it was the stick to your ribs kind [which we needed in that cold weather up north]....those plus suet puds [leek puddings] and dumplings were my favourites..Its amazing that we did not look like dumplings ourselves..but we would walk, and walk, and walk...walk it all off...
[I think we enjoyed those comfort foods in a way that the young ones couldn't imagine]....

Hello, everyone !
Glad you like my donuts, I have more ! I'll be so glad to have you visiting , Marion ! Can you tell me what is your pudding made of ?
Have a great day !

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

So when do you want me to visit Adina, they look so so delicious, do you bake a lot...I am looking forward to doing mine again one of these days, never got thru Christmas without my shortbread [ my son makes chocolate shortbread and tastes great]..I taught them to cook and bake when they were just small..
Did you mean the gross black pudding... that is dried blood and some other stuff mixed in...mom would feed it to us for years, never knew for decades what I had been eating [just as well I am not a vegetarian..what !!]

It is not looking in the least like Christmas here as it is very warm [overnight temps rose last week]..and it is gorgeous..however, listening to the carols is keeping me focused even with the sun in my eyes...the nights are cold tho, nothing warm about them...kind of nice having an early visit from Jackie Frost.. but we will see him again in the New Year....keep well, cheers from me. marion

Dear Marion, I forgot to tell you that I kow what is the suet, of course I've used it many times, I make some cookies, like salties, for beer or wine. We used to have some pork for Christmas, a big piece and it had that suet, very good. We are preparing for Christmas, making some big cleaning in our apartament, then I'll make the tree and some ornaments in the house. Here is a picture taken 2 years ago where you can see how is our house for Christmas with my son, Ionut. He is 18 now. I make all those ornaments.
You can go to this romanian site to see some of our customs : pictures and the words for the songs.

http://www.lumea-copiilor.ro/religie/colinde/start_colinde.php

Also you can go to www.felicitari.ro to hear some of our Christmas songs. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow. If you tell me your e-mail address I would love to send you some e-cards with our Christmas songs.
Please, keep me posted when your poinsettias will arrive. I'd like to hear about their colours and even pictures if you'll have some.
Have a great day !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Hi, everyone !
In Romania, we are preparing for Christmas, first, by cleaning the house. This means that we are cleaning the windows, the doors, the furniture, the paintings, the floor, the cupboards, the stove, the fridge, the carpets and, of course, the flowers. Don’t misunderstand me : we are cleaning the house every week, all over the year, but for this special occasion and also, for the Easter, it’s our custom to welcome, each celebration of the Lord, by supercleaning our houses. Also, for Easter, we clean the gardens, as it’s spring and warm enough to work in the garden. I’ll tell you all about this in spring.

I usually began the cleaning in November, because I’m no longer that young to make so many works in one day, so I make one work a day, when I have the time. First I begin with the balcony, which I have to clean in 2 days, not because is very big, but because of the too many flowers. Then I clean every corner of the house, so that, a week before Christmas, all the house is “clean like a lamp”, this an old saying which means that there is no particle of dust in the house.
This week I’m finishing the cleaning, I have to clean the floor cupboards from the kitchen and the lamps. Also, I’ve asked Ionut to help clean his room, the shelfs with his books and the computer.
Next week I’ll cook all the goodies for Christmas : 'sarmale' ( cabbage-rolls with meat), 'cozonac' .This is a cake, similar with your cornbread , but we add sugar and some filling, as mixed nuts with sugar, cocoa and egg or raisins or jelly. I’ll make a soup(ciorba) with meat-balls (perisoare) and a big piece of roasted pork meat.
In Romania is a tradition to cut a pork for Christmas and make many goodies with the pork’s meat. The pork is cut, usually, in St Ignat’s day, which is on the 16th of December. I’ll tell you more of this tomorrow .

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Thankyou for telling us so much about your customs in Romania. It sounds very good :)
We are learning about the customs in France now - but there are somethings that we cannot find here that the family miss from England

In England there is 'mincemeat' which used to have minced meat in it, but these days consists of mixed dried fruits, suet, grated apple and nuts.......oh and often moistened with brandy ;o)
Many different recipes for it but all along the same lines. We use this to make individual tarts decorated sometimes with marzipan holly etc or a dusting of icing sugar
We can't buy these here
Or the pudding - again lots of dried fruit, suet eggs etc etc + BRANDY lol. Brought to the table with extra brandy poured over and lit (flambee :).......and of course a sprig of holly

Then our cake is lots of dried fruit, butter eggs flour BRANDY lol
Traditionally this then has a layer of marzipan, which in turn is covered with white 'glace' icing.

All very rich
Traditionally the meat on Christmas day is turkey, but also goose, large chicken, pheasant according to number of people and taste.
This year we hope to go a little french and see if we can find some venison, though my mother still wants turkey too ;)

That's very interesting, philomel, I'll post something more about Christmas as soon as I can. I usually write at home and send it at the office, but yesterday I was very busy doing some sausages at home. We like to eat home-made sausages and my husband knows a lot about doing pork-meat products, so he is the cook-chief (or cheff, you must know better, in French). In our country, especially in the countryside, the peasants cook their own sausages and everything else they can with the meat of their pork. My husband was raised in a small village, in his grannie's house and he likes to follow the tradition, at least a little part of it.

Marion, I hope you're feeling better. Did you receive the poinsettias from the florist ?
Have a great day !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.