Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

European Gardening: First Frost, 1 by adinamiti

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright adinamiti

In reply to: First Frost

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of First Frost
adinamiti wrote:
Hi Marion ! We are better now, thank you for your wishes. The parents are the one to put the gifts in their children's boots. I wait until everyone is asleep and then put all the presents in each one's boots . I have to hide the gifts very well, so they would't find it. I usually hide it in the kitchen or in the closet, under some bowls or papers.
Yes, is the same with your stockings, but we don't have this custom . We also put presents under the Christmas tree, but we don't unfold them on the Christmas Eve. We make the tree on this very night and, when the children are asleep, put the presents under the tree so they could find it in the morning. My children like, even now when they are grown-ups (Andreea almost 21 and Ionut, 18)to find the tree done and the presents under in the Christmas morning. They wake up very early , because they are anxious to see what Santa has brought them. Me and my husband, were pretending we were still asleep and watched them while were so surprised about the gifts .
In Romania we don't have this custom with the coal, but we have others.
I'll tell you tomorrow.
Do you really mean it with the stems of poinsettia ? It would be so lovely !
This is a picture of Boss with our friend's dog, Benitto, who was staying with us for a month, while they were on vacation. He was 6 months old .

This morning we had another frost. I hope we'll have some snow for Christmas. Do you have any snow in Europe ?
Take care,
Adina