Potting mix??

Norwalk, CT(Zone 5b)

I have a question regarding the Sphagnum/Vermiculite mix I've been using for my houseplants (I tried one of the soil-less recipes), this mix seems to dry out rapidly and the plants do not seem to be getting enough water. I would say the mix is 3/4 Spagh and 1/4 Vermiculite. Any thoughts? Should I take them out and add soil to mix and repot? Thanks, Susie

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I do it the easy way Miracle Grow, works every time with no muss or fuss.

www.puppygal.com/house.html click here for some of my plants

Norwalk, CT(Zone 5b)

Wow, thanks! I think I have to add soil to the mix though...it's just too dry.
What an amazing coincidence. I am one of the founders of American Bulldog Rescue (formerly NABRA). www.americanbulldogrescue.com
We rescue American, English, Olde English, oversize Staffs (big scary pitbulls) and mastiffs. We aren't really breed specific so much anymore, shelters and owners contact us for AB's and for dogs that are very large/scary looking. Though right now on our site is a complete mix.
I'm in the process of doing our 501c3- lots of work. I love animals and all dogs but have a special spot for bully breeds. Small world.
Thanks again, Susie

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I saw your big, beautiful AB's picture over in the Pet Foruml!!!

I behalf of all the Bully Lovers, I say Thank You for giving him a home!!

Judy

Norwalk, CT(Zone 5b)

Thanks Judy, I sent you an e-mail.

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

Judycooksey,
I just followed your link - what do you mean "some of your plants"?
I thought there was a tiny empty spot at the back porch to hang another plant? Just kidding :-). Beautiful plants and TONS of them!!! I love it!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

RUK - you didn't see all the hanging baskets out in the trees and pots on the ground!!!!! About 40-50 hanging pots full of wandering jew, spider plants, etc It looks like a nursery around here and it's going down to 39 degrees on Friday night .... GOODNESS. I've been SICK therefore way behind in the manual labor efforts. Now to play catch-up!!! lol lol lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.