If money were no object and ......

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Oh wow!! Those are some pretty ones!!!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Those are gorgeous... I like the charlottes curls and jaunting junejugbait....

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I want that Jarod and Heidi!!

I had all girls. My first grandbaby that is due in March is also a girl. I know boys are rougher and you have to put all of your nice breakable things away until they are grown and out of the house but girls are a nightmare when they are pms!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Gee, PMS wasn't allowed when I was going up. And that was in a family with 4 girls!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Same here, Mary. I grew up with three brothers and they certainly wouldn't have put up with an attitude from me!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I had 5 brothers & 2 sisters--the house wasn't BIG enough for PMS!

Speaking of terrible teens, my 20 year old had a fight with her roomie & is moving back in today. There goes my peace & quiet--the younger daughter will have someone to fight with again! Maybe I can enforce curfews & be a pain so college housing looks attractive again...

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, Wanda! That's a lotta brothers! I know what you mean about making college housing look good . . . my middle daughter is 19 and living at home while attending college. Her sixteen year old sister thought she was going to have the run of the house after high school graduation but she had a rude awakening! It's the same old thing every morning, with one of them sitting outside the bathroom door, yelling at the other to hurry up! And it's easier to do the dishes myself than listen to them argue about who did it last!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Acckkkk....don't get me started on the "who did the dishes last" argument. I finally solved it when I made the new rule that EVERY night BOTH of them do the dishes! hahahaha (don't mess with Mom!)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Darn right, Brenda! Go for it, Wanda - enforce those 'house rules'! They don't have to change just because the kids get older. hee hee kinda sounds like fun to me!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Boy, does this thread bring back some memories... LOL... Y'all have my condolences...

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

My 6yo thinks I'm the meanest mom in the world. He is getting more and more responsibilities as he gets older and doesn't think he should have to do any of what I ask. Lately he has been hearing what other kids have to do around their houses and realizing that maybe he doesn't have it so bad at his house!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

If money was no object I'd buy Mildred Mitchell and Rice's Janet Lough. But it would almost be a shame to buy them - I already know what they look like. That's why I grow daylilys from seeds - for the surprise when that first bud opens.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

They always surprise me even if I've seen them. Colors will be different, how many blooms I get, when they bloom here, what the flowers around them add or subtract. Always surprises and many of them good ones.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay, you guys. I need to find out how to get seeds from my daylilies!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

me too... enquiring minds just gotta know.. :)

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

So, do you paint pollen from one to another like you do brugs (although I don't know anything about that either)?

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

I would also like to know how y'all make your own variety of daylily... I have heard it mentioned, but am not sure how it is done... just how DO y'all do that? :)

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Starr, they have either gone to bed or they just don't want to tell us. WHAAAAAA!!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I'm about to go to bed, but I'm here. I'm waiting for the experts to answer you since I have never hybridized anything.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Can't keep my eyes open any longer so I'm going to bed! Good night Starr. :-))

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Goodnight, Terrie... sweet dreams... I will man the fort til everyone returns... I do the night shift quite well.... :))

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Terrie & Starr - I'm not a DL hybridizer (garden variety or otherwise) either, but yes.......dab the pollen of one DL onto another. A Dip must be crossed with a Dip and a Tet to a Tet. There was a thread around here this summer or spring I think.

Here's one of them..

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/426470/

This message was edited Oct 31, 2004 8:37 AM

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Brenda!!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

langbr, Thanks!!! Just what was needed... found a couple more links there and was just what I needed to learn a bit tonight! I now have a better idea of how it works.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Sorry Folks, I don't do hybridizing. Just get the best quality seeds I can find and grow the plants.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I like this one - Sea Dragon http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=5017024&uid=461464

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

oh Moby that dl took my breath away WOW And double WOW

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Moby, Sea Dragon is awesome... I also liked Lorraie Christina

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Ditto that! And for fancy ones, I guess it's not all that bad at $75.
Not that I'll be rushing right out...

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

$75.00 is out of my league... lol...

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

That is really pretty! I've already lost my mind this year but I would have to be taken over by an alien before I would pay $75.00!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Bi-tone, ruffled gold edge, AND mid-ribs! That's my dream flower! Now if they could do it in a lavender-purple I'd be in love.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

I'm already in love... (sigh)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yep, in love with a high-priced honey... and that isn't even 'up-town' price! LOL

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

too true... I went to check on how much an awesome bob would cost... bout fell off my chair... y'all need to show some pictures of things I can afford... lol

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Maybe we could start a thread: What is your best oldie? I would be curious to see what folks would say. Mine would be Bonanza. My first daylily :)

I love the new ones too, but the prices are so expensive

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

How about "really snazzy but cheap"?

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

bluegrass, one of you will have to start the thread, as I have just got started and have no pics... that would be an interesting thread to see... waiting ... tapping foot... looking at watch....

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

And what am I to post a picture of.....me? ;)

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

tsk, tsk, Moby!! Snazzy yes, cheap NO WAY!!! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.