If money were no object and ......

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I wouldn't have the heart to eat something that beautiful!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Why mess around? I want all the new spider introductions from the last 3 years, a yard big enough to handle them and servants to do the weeding. Oh, and summer all year round so they can grow well.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

After this weekend of moving and dividing and making a new bed, a hired gardener sounds wonderful.
Tired in KY

Deltona, FL(Zone 9a)

Thank you all for the birthday greetings. I just decided what I would like most...someone to weed for me that wouldn't pull up plants. cinnabor

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Cinnabor
Soon as they get done weeding here, I will send them down to your house to WEED.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

cinnabor gets to weed all winter. Why don't we send her our nastiest local weeds so she can keep them alive? Oh, I forgot. The nastiest ones DO stay alive all winter.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Belated Birthday Greetings... Hope you had a wonderful day, cinnabor...

Now, now, Wanda.. I know you are 'not' having a bit of zone envy... I don't think I could handle FL... I don't like the idea that every so often some giant wind decides to knock everything over and mess up the yard.... think I will stay put in 6a and try to keep everything alive in the house til spring comes again... besides I enjoy the fall colors... :)

BTW, here are my 5 picks: darius, strutters ball, monte negro, and awesome bob.

Starr

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

Mine would have to be:

1 Silver Waffle
2. wild wookie
3. Chief 4 fingers
4. Gloria mona may
5. Baby Jane Hudson

Dream, Dream, Dream all I want to do is Dreeaammm (of new Daylilies of course) hee hee

Cathy

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

Being the total geek I am:

SPOCK'S EARS
VULCAN LOGIC
LIFE ON BAJORE
PHOTON TORPEDO
ENTERING WARP SPEED

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Spock's Ears!! I'm going to see that one!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Think I will go take a look at these, too... :)) ...

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

The first 4 are Curt Hanson http://crintonicgardens.com/
The last one is Ted Petit http://www.distinctly.on.ca/petit/

Needless to say I already have Romulan Defector, Borg Technology, Resistance is futile, and Ferengi Gold. (and I bought an Iris called 'Starship Enterprise"

I think next spring I will create a new bed just for these.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Owned --- Nah...you're not the Geek.....I'd say it's Mr. Hanson that qualifies! LOL

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

I take my geekdom very seriously!

The fun part will be trying to find some garden art in theme and seeing if anyone picks it up.

Next project after the trek bed is a cat bed (and next to it a bird bed just for gigles)

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

I found a new one to add to my list! I'm not usually a big on toothy edges, but this is awesome! It's only $250 sf, might could swing that in...... 10 years or so : )

http://www.artgallerygardens.com/cultivars/eight_miles_high.htm

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

OwnedByCats,

My 14 year old son would love your garden. He has plans to start a Science Fiction Daylily garden next spring. He will be adding the one's you list above to his list of most wanted! (We are big Star Trek fans)

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Ahhhhhhhh, I really want that Jane Mahan!

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Ownedbycats,

Do you have pictures of Romulan Defector, Borg Technology, or Resistance is futile?
I found Ferengi Gold but can't find the others.

Is there one named "Beam Me Up" ? ................. My son and I were trying to think of a good name for his first Daylily Baby ...............

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Romulan Defector
http://db.tinkersgardens.com/dbimagedisplay.asp?filename=ROMULAN%20DEFECTOR3.jpg&cultivar=ROMULAN%20DEFECTOR

Borg Technology
http://www.ohiolandscaping.com/plant_detail.php?plant_id=1386

Resistance is Futile
http://www.ldhs.homestead.com/files/resistance_is_futile120.jpg

Searched Tinkers for Beam Me Up and shows nothing.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2004 3:08 PM

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

Resistance is futile is from Bobby Baxter

This is the best shot from this year. It tends to poly

Thumbnail by ownedbycats
Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

Romulian Defector and Borg Technology are new this spring, so these are first year blooms. They are Curt Hanson's.

This is Borg Technology

Thumbnail by ownedbycats
Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

And Romulian Defector

Thumbnail by ownedbycats
Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

thanks for the links langbr and the pictures ownedbycats.
You guys are great to take the time to help us out.

Edited to add: They are all out of his/our price range, but the pictures are fueling his interest ...............

This message was edited Oct 24, 2004 11:28 AM

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I smell a trade......

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Considering the Halloween season... just how much is a tender morsel of a man-child going for these days? eehhh hee heee heeeeee

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

TreeClimber,
That's wonderful to hear that a 14 year old boy is interested in gardening! My oldest (23) loves gardening now but at 14, whew, she was into anything and everything but gardening! LOL

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

langr and ownedbycats, beautifull daylilies! my wish list is getting longer and this is only october by april it will be 14 pages long. lol

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Tunnels,

Yes ............ I'm thrilled that he's starting to share my love of gardening. It may help that we live in the country and I don't have as much competition for his attention as city folks would.

Moby, if you had asked that about 10 years ago when my oldest son was 14, I probably would have given him to you for nothing (LOL ... glad his teens are long gone) ................. this one's a joy even as a teenager .............

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Tree_Climber,

Hope I can say that about my boys when they are teenagers! Only 7 years till my oldest is there. :-) I just know it's gonna go by faster than I can imagine.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL, all! Don't worry Mendy ~ the teen years seem to be going painfully sloowwww......

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Ooohhh, don't say that Mary! My 4yo son got sent to the preschool directors office on the 5th day of school!! Maybe he's just getting it out of his system early?! One can only hope!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

My babies are teenagers today! Brett and Bethany born on Oct 25th 1991.
Where does the time go.....?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL, ladies! Better buckle up for the ride...

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

And Quite a Ride it can be ................................. LOL

And for more years than people tell you. It doesn't usually end at 20!! 30!! Perhaps 40???

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

I don't think it ever ends... just when your kids grow up and you relax a bit... here come the grandkids... but I have to tell ya... they are a whole lot more fun... My oldest grandaughter just turned 12, so here we go again... lol...

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

how about these. http://daylilyspider.com/price_lists/all_intros.htm

Wow! I'm in love with seedling #9.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow is right. I really like Jaunting JuneBugBait.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I like Seedling #2!! ooo-la-la

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.