If money were no object and ......

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

If money were no object and you could have any 5 (five) daylilies that you wanted, what would they be?

I'd love to have:

1. Mort Morss
2. Itsa Pink Teddy
3. Griff (The flower formally known as Griff)
4. My Soul Surrendered
5. Malachite Prism

Let us see what is on your wish list!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

spiny seaurchin
Mort Morss
darla anita
the verhaerts ones

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Loch Ness Monster
BlueBerry Sundae
Canadian Border Patrol
Wild Wookie
Baby Bear

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

'Awesome Bob'

...so far, but give me time....:~D K

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Skinwalker
String Bikini
Kirsten's Corsage
Helga Bjornerud Burkey
Birdwing Butterfly
Many more from Clayton Burkey - like those spiders and UFs. If money was no object, no way I could stop at 5!!!! ; )

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

One of everything!! Hey wait, since money is no object, how about 2 or three or 4 of everything!

Ripley, MS

If money is no object why do we have to stop at five??? I would also hire someone to work in the yard full time with the daylilies when I don't feel good. All of the above are great picks, but I would like to add Shores of Time.
Sandra

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7a)

Lady Betty Fretz
Mort Morss
Shores of Time (trying to get now)
Alexa Kathryn
Jerry Nettles

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Ana Maria Margetts. Dang! http://www.distinctly.on.ca/peat/

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

WOW! Now I gotta have that one too! :-)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

When you all get your fortunes and get all your hems, will you share with me? LOL I have six girls to get through teen hood, college and weddings! :O

Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

Sorry I dont have a wish list anymore. That's whats scary...I got all I want....

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Then you'll be happy to share those that you've grown tired of??

This message was edited Oct 11, 2004 5:07 PM

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

That is sad David!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Guess he won't be getting anything for Christmas, either....

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Braggart! hehehehehe

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

moby, i got have that one, too. i like john spagnola, billy melo, graig green.

if money was no object i would buy all the spiders & ufs i could find.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh, yeah, all very nice. And we could get the whole collection for the low, low price of 800 bucks! And we'll share, too.
Come to think of it, that would be 80 bucks per DL - what a savings! How can we not do this? stop me any time now.....

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

This DL disease is very bad. When I first started I couldn't imagine paying over $20 df, now I find myself looking at the $100 ones and thinking "well that'd only be $50 each"!!!!! Good thing I really like my truck and really like having this farm and really like eating or I might lose all control and buy a few!!!

Vicki

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

charge it!!!!!! LOL

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Been doing that, but then those darn c.card people keep sending me bills????

San Jose, CA

I'd like to have AWESOME BOB too, since my hubby is named Bob. Even though this is a 2001 cultivar, it's still going for $175 on the Lily Auction. Ouch!

Also, SHELTER COVE has been getting rave reviews. There's a long, long waiting list.

There are lots of others I want too, but I'm waiting to get my hands on the 2005 catalogues to decide. There could be something amazing just around the bend.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Yep Tracy, 2005 spring cover from Floyd Cove, named after my daughter, it's a gorgeous pink with green edges. It's making some beautiful babies according to Pat Stamile as he mentioned in an email yesterday "The most exciting thing from last years seedlings were the seedlings from our 2005 introduction LESLIE RENEE. Even after all these years hybridizing I was in awe seeing all the green edges appearing the daylilies. I will show some pictures of these at Myrtle Beach. You will be getting the catalogue in the next two weeks and will see why LESLIE RENEE was so important."
That's the one I want. I have a slide of it Pat sent me as well as one named after my granddaughter that is even more gorgeous, the coloring is simiular so maybe close parenatge, don't have the info on them yet. It won't be out until 2006.
Still wanting:
Bella Sera
JT Davis
and... hmmm not sure, will also wait and see whats coming out.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

John Rice's ... Sapphire Lady and Don Herrell and some of Carr's intros

San Jose, CA

Darn. Only a slide, Sue? I was hoping you'd be able to post a picture of LESLIE RENEE. It sounds beautiful. I'll be looking for my catalogue.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I probably would get Spiny Sea Urchin, Jerry Nettles, Skinwalker, the Verhearts, and Lola Branham.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh yes! All devine...sigh.

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

I'd buy John Rice's yearly offerings-- the whole collection.

But otherwise, I think I can get daylilies that are just as nice as those offered by the hybridizers by crossing my own plants.

Matthews, MO

WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES TO ORDER FROM FOR THE DAYLILIES? DEE

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

My wish list:
A Bodacious Pattern
Star Wishes
Mary Alice Stokes
Wild Horses
Lounge Lizard
I have ordered from Tranquil Lake Nursery, Patron Gardens, Bloomindale's Daylily Farm, Brooks Daylily Garden, Stephens Lane Garden, Bloomingfields Farm, Olallie Daylily Garden.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I was extremely impressed with the order I got from Marietta. http://www.mariettagardens.com/Catalog/PageA1.htm

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7a)

I like Marietta Gardens also. In addition to the above, I've had great success with Bill Maryott www.daylilygarden.net and Bob Selman who sells thru his ebay store.
http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Ridge-Daylilies?refid=store

Both send huge, healthy fans.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2004 7:48 AM

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh boojum, I like A Bodacious Pattern, Star Wishes, Mary Alice Stokes. I am so new to Daylilies, that I did not have a response to this thread. This is dangerous. I used to not want anything to do with purples, or deep rose colors, but the more I look at them, the more I like them. I am getting especially fond of the combo grape with lime green daylilies, because I have always liked those two colors together.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Moby that Ana Maria Margetts is stunning. I love those colors! I would say that and spiny sea urchin!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

i bought daylilies from marietta gardens, bill maryott's gardens, ridaught daylily farms, bayberry row daylilies & hosta, surrency daylilies, twin beech gardens, and yost family gardens.

boojum, i have wild horses and it is beautiful. i received wild horses as a bonus from bill maryott.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow, that daylily looks like it has tons of buds.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

hemlady, it did. wild horses bloomed a long time for me.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

adding one more to the wish list....

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

http://artgallerygardens.com/

adding these daylilies to my list if money was no object.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

OH MY!!!! A purple lovers paradise!!! Those 2005 intros are awesome!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.