Gardenia HELP ME PLEASE

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

I have two that I am trying to get to bloom. I mist every day, they sit on a table in front of a east window. I do everything I can except I haven't started reading poetry to them yet. The first one I got about a 3 months ago flowered about 7 flowers nothing since. The second one I got about 3 weeks later and I haven't seen a flower. Are there any experts on gardenias out there.

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Gardenia's are very snobby. They like their soil just so. We did an experiment in school a couple months ago. Everyone brought in cuttings of their fave plants. One woman brought in some gardenia cuttings for everyone and we used them as a control. They rooted well, but we found that they needed very acidic soil, to produce anything other than yellow leaves that fall of and make the plant look ratty. Try some bloodmeal. They sell it at LOWE's. They can be so pretty, and they smell so wonderful. What kind do you have? I'm no expert, but that was my experience. Re-pot and try some acidic ferts. or some bloodmeal, poetry helps too. Meredith

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

I will do just that. I have already repotted one, it was drying out to fast. The other needs it as will. I will be going to Lowes tomorrow, for some bloodmeal, oh yea guess I better make a trip to the library for some poetry to read to them.

Linda

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL, I'm sure they will love it! The poetry I mean!!! The bloodmeal should work...Have a good one, Mere

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.