stink bugs???

Fort Mill, SC(Zone 7b)

Sorry I don't know another name for them. Are they beneficial or should we try to get rid of them?

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

If they're truly stink bugs, get rid of them because they can do a lot of damage...believe me I know from first-hand experience. But, sometimes stink bugs are confused with spined soldier bugs which are beneficial and feed on alot of pests we want to get rid of.

Terri

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

just to add to Pete2's posting...get rid of 'em!! They are really bad guys. I have a book that explains the difference between soldier bugs and stink bugs, I will try to find it and post it. Lisa

Fort Mill, SC(Zone 7b)

I'm going to look around and see if I can find something to help me tell the differnece. I think we'll try to get rid of them anyway. I'm trying not to use any pesticides in the garden( dh would in a heartbeat though) any suggestions on how to get rid of them without poison?

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

I have a few of them out here, I'll try to take pic of them when I get home tonight.

New Paris, OH

I haven't tried this but many commercial farms vacuum the bugs up. If you had an old shop vac...

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

I posted pic of them on Identification forum, are these these the bugs in question? http://davesgarden.com/showthread/47988.html

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Tim, I think you have a spined soldier bug in one of your pics...
Peteski...your eyes are better than mine, go take a look and comment,eh? eh?

New Paris, OH

The insect in the 3rd pict on the green fruit is definately a spined soldier bug but the others are stick bugs of various types

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

thanks Ohio....glad for the confirmation..reckon my bad eye is still hanging in there!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I'm going to jump in here on this one. The 2 top pictures look like Spined Wheel Bugs to me. They are beneficial insects. JMHO.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

EvaMae...is a spined Wheel bug the same as an Assasin Bug? If so, they certainly do resemble each other a bit, especially the fat back legs and the two "grabber" legs up front. An assasin bug usually gets that hump on its back also.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

ok I'll pin one down for pictures tonigh! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.