Fall in Eastern Canada

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Please post your fall colors..........show us the Maple Leaf in all it's glory!

South of Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's some color from out west taken just a few days ago...

Thumbnail by durtcom
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

That's the idea, thanks durtcom...how I love those colors! So far the trees here are mainly yellow with a rare red one showing up. I was enjoying the change yesterday but today the wind arrived. :(

Ours are still mostly green, but the odd splashes of yellow are here and there...its coming....

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Yippeee!! Thanks ceedub....... I was wondering.

Here's some red. Sun was too bright for a good shot.

Thumbnail by echoes
Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

We are mostly green still here too. But the oranges and yellows are starting to creep in slowly. We went over the mountain pass this past Friday, and at the summit the trees have all turned. It was pretty actually, with the mixture of evergreens. Give us a couple weeks and it will be the same here. Not going to think about that now though...today it's Sunny, Blue Sky and highs in the high teens. Yippee

Thumbnail by OldFlowerGirl
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

What a lovely shade echoes......such a treat for an overcast day! Not that I am trying to rush fall but it's nice to capture the moment. Looking forward to seeing all you warmer zone peeps pictures! :)

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Lovely colors echoes and durtcom.
I'm not seeing any color change yet Pam except the trees look a little greener after the rain we had on Friday.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

quit bragging! ;).......tho' I know after your stolen prairie summer your flora and fauna will be grateful for the rain!

What a lovely picture of your trip you painted OldFlowerGirl. :)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Pam, still mostly green here too but some are starting to change...now that the camera's back from its vacation with DH I'll take it outside and have a look.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Yahooo....I'm looking forward to seeing a forest of red!! :D (and close-ups too!)

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

A few of our trees are turning red here..but slowly..
We seem to having an wonderful run of warm temps here right now..it gets between 24 and 27 degrees most days..I was at a park on Lake Ontario on Wed. and there were girls in bikinis and people wearing shorts and enjoying the last warm days. Yesterday I stopped and got an ice cream cone.....my fav is Pralines and Cream..wandered looking in the shop windows as I ate it.
Make the most of these beautiful days. Winter will come.........LOL
My Sumac is just starting to get a few red leaves.

Can't find the pic I took recently..this is it earlier in the season..I'll take another pic of the red leaves soon.

Thumbnail by Starzz
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Found it!

Thumbnail by Starzz
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thank you Starzz! This is such a treat to see the gradual change of everyone's gardens. :)

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Big change in just a couple of days..here she is this morning
Glad you are enjoying.......

Thumbnail by Starzz
Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Beautiful shoking pink leaves, what is the name of this plant?

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Maple trees in the front yard starting to turn this misty morning..

Thumbnail by Starzz
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Hello Gumlla,
This plant is called Staghorn Sumac..
I bought this one at a garden centre..but they grow wild all along our highways ..it is lovely to see them in the fall.
If you look on the ground to the left side of this plant you can see it has babies growing under the trees. Morning glories are on the arbour made of apple branches.

Cheers,
Carol

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Well tree foliage color has changed significantly during this week so weather permitting I'll be out in the hills this coming weekend to get some photos :)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

:D Yippeeeeeeeee!! :D

Love seeing the mist in your pictures as well Starzz....please keep posting!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Well so much for the procrastinators club. Was going to take pics on Sunday then well you know what happens to days of our lives - they disappear with a lot of items still on the job list. Then monday we had gale force winds and now I will have to take pictures of the leave mulch for you LOL

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOL.....I'm looking forward to seeing them Lynn!

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

We had a frost last night..a light one..the grass is white over the open area...time to bring in the tender plants. I looked back in my journal..we had hard frost the same time last year.
....and so it ends for another year............
Time to plant the few bulbs that I have bought.
I already have little ideas for next season...........

Cheers,
Carol

Thumbnail by Starzz
Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

I guess it is inevitable, isn't it. We are still "hangin in" down here in the Southern Interior. Gettin' close though, two nights ago we dropped ot +3. :(

My goodness, Carol, your yard looks like a park! Beautiful.

This message was edited Oct 3, 2004 5:59 AM

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I agree, your yard is gorgeous. It's a good inspirational picture for me, with our much-in-need-of-attention yard....that's the kind of look I'd like to restore ours to. Frost, though....hmmm....thanks for the heads-up! Time to get busy.

Shannon

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

You do have a lovely restful looking yard Starzz. Looking at your picture reminds me to get out and enjoy the remaining days that we will have.

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Yesterday was a rather rainy day but today it was beautiful again so out into the hills I went for a nice short10k hike.
Fall foliage is not ready yet but here's a photo anyways.

Thumbnail by PanamonCreel
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Beautiful photo Milan, the colours, content and composition. it's worthy, IMHO to be entered into a photo contest.

Post more!

Linda in Victoria

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

:D What a beautiful part of Canada you live in Milan! As Linda has hinted we are certainly looking forward to seeing more of the Quebec countryside.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

WOW! so who's pond is that and what is its name? It's beautiful and ditto on the comments on the photo quality.

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Glad that you folks like the photo, I don't like it because I smudged my polarizing filter when I put it on and that made part of the tree line in the back blurry (Grrrmbl should take more time and check lenses :).
Photo was taken in Mont-Saint-Bruno provincial park and the little lakes name is 'Lac des Bouleaux'.

Milan

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It is gorgeous, Milan. Thanks for posting it.

Shannon

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Stunning scenery! I'd love to see that out of my living room window every day. Nice job, Milan. I am gonna make that trip to Quebec for sure now, and it looks like the time to visit is the autumn. Thanks for sharing.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Donna, if you do come to visit you can line up a whole bunch of us to drop in on!

Shannon

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

That would be fantastic Shannon. Some day I just may have to do that. :D

Abbotsford, BC(Zone 8a)

not sure this fits in but late summer in western canada....not as many colourful leaves as in the east :(

Thumbnail by sandy130
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Sandy130, is that Mt. Baker in the distance?

We've been having such lovely weather lately, once the fog clears... They're saying rain & showers for the rest of the week.

Linda in Victoria

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Lovely shot, Sandy. Don't think we've met. Nice to know another British Columbian. :)

Abbotsford, BC(Zone 8a)

Hi MG and Oldflowergirl....

Nice to meet you both...usually, i am just lurking around here....Your right, the weather has been so beautiful...i dont want the rain again!.....yes that is Mt. Baker in the background with Sumas prairie in front but there was lots of haze around it today....yikes, maybe i should say pollution?

Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.