Ivan Survivors Please Post Here

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

We will KOW for now, but there's a list of folk in the panhandle and in the inland mtn areas that took the flooding that haven't been heard from for hours or even days

Wish you would post a halloo here and anybody with pictures of what it left in your ek of the woods/ or beach. ~Blooms

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Linked from:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/457030

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Thx Blooms....

I'm hoping it's only the power out thats keeping folks from posting

my thoughts & prayers go out to all

Carol

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

I hope everyone made it ok !!

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

I was lucky to come through it without a scratch.
Made it to work okay on Friday, but word was going around about water over the road on the way to where I live, so I left at lunch time. I made it home only minutes before the roads were barricaded. I missed a few hours on my weekly paycheck, but was able to spend the night safe and dry. That same night, 30 homes in the same county were lost to a mudslide and many are still without power. I'm very fortunate. I've included a picture of what I saw when I ventured out this morning. It's somebody's back porch in a parking lot. There's even a chair still sitting on it. There's no telling where it came from. The closest house is a half mlie uptream and still intact

Thumbnail by Agrinerd
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I had heard Franklin mentioned on the WC and am glad you chose to go home. You might not be home yet - what with the way roads keep falling off the mtns; besides you might've met that porch coming down the road at you.

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

I wouldn't doubt it. The Little Tennessee River had escaped its primary flood banks and decided to take a meander down flood plains it hadn't seen for decades. It looked as though the entire valley was filled with our peaceful river. It will be months before the stories of disaster will die down. There's a new story with everyone I meet, the worst of which was the 4 lives lost in the mudslide I mentioned. I'm sure there are more to come. I'll keep you posted... and here I was, griping about what an awful garden I had this year. Needless to say, that's a loss for now.

that is so sad !!!

glad you made it home safe !!

love the deck picture !!

cheryle

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Does anybody know where on I-40 the hgwy is out. They said btween Tenn border and Asheville, but that's a lot of miles. I miss Darius, she finds a lot of websites for this stuff. and Rylaff hasn't posted in daays. and Weeds telling us she could see water two blocks from her home. LSP posted, right?

let me see what I can find,, i found something the other night about that,, let me see if I can find it again,, I know my aunt in Cherokee siad it was near them

Interstate 40 runs east/west from the western edge of TN to about the middle of the state where it intersects with 85 and then heads south to Wilmington. The first 30 miles of 40 as you leave TN, is a gorge. Beautiful drive but very curvy and there are rock slides and now mud slides often. There have been numerous mudslides throughout western nc from Frances and Ivan. I was going to call Darius for you but I've lost her phone nos...I'll keep looking. When they close the road for mud/rock slides, it's a very long detour because there is NOTHING for the first 30 western miles of nc but the gorge, no exits, no cell signals, nothing. I'll see what I can find out.

thanks Vic

http://apps.dot.state.nc.us/tims/

here's the scoop on 40

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Blooms, weeds has posted.

cool vic thanks again

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/weather/9695821.htm?1c

here is more info on the area

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Right. She has. no real damage. amazing. TGoodness

Vic that's a great site, saved it to my Travel file.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Still waiting for rylaff and darius.......I am hoping all is well. I finally got in touch with my cousin in Pcola and they said it is awful! they have no water, power and can't drive anywhere except the store due to trees and damage. It will be a minimum of 3 weeks to get power and they live in cantonement which is north Pcola not near the water. All their huge trees are uprooted etc.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm so concerned about our friends that haven't checked in...

A couple of days ago, our temp hit 113*, I know they are just as hot, if not hotter.... I just can't imagine the misery there right now.....

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I heard on the news this morning there are 2 dozen people not accounted for....I had not heard that before. The destruction is amazing.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Still no answer on Darius home phone, but that doesn't surprise me considering the damage to the east of her county (Clay). I left a message on her cell. She had explained that for some reason she can't answer it, but can receive messages..go figure.

+Prayers+ for ryaiff and darius, our two lost sheep.
Pati

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I live far away from all the scary damage from the hurricanes and tornados, but am really glad to hear from those of you who have been able to post. Hope the others will be okay and let everyone know when they can. Donna

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

My best friend just spent the last 2 days here on her journey home to Pensacola. Her DH is already there and without power, gas, access to $$$, etc., etc. They had a good bit of damage to their home. So, maybe Rylaff, Bugfreak, and Darius are in the same shape and unable to get online.
Let's hope and pray that's all it is.
Janet

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

what about irish and gingerlilly? has anyone heard from them?

sending prayers to our lost sheep

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh my goodness, I forgot about gingerlily! She is in defuniak and I think that area is ok but may be without power. Irish is ok if I remember correctly, will check and see.

He is south and ok

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/455569/

I hope she dont have any damage just no power,, can deal with that !!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

patischel, so glad to see someone has darius home phone. Glad i read this thread. Keeping all these folks in our prayers.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Connie, I knew you had posted, it was your description of the water being so close to you and knowing you're further from shore than Rylaff that I was trying to convey. Bugfreak is near there in Navarre, and I think that GinsH from Fountain posted, tho I can't find it right now.

Woodspirit is real near Darius too, and is prob also out of power. Seems like a lot of NC is without power. And in that western corner roads are questionable.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Blooms, I know. Rylaff is further west than me and closer to the damaged area but I think there is a barrier penninsula between her and the gulf so I am hoping she was safe.

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Has anyone heard from Horseshoe?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Shoe posted in the RU forum around suppertime yesterday.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Shoe be fine...was mostly wind, rain, and tornadoes around here. They touched down near us but had no affect on us directly. Still, nNo fun at all. We were mightily blessed. Wish I could do something for others that are much worse off.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

It's awful when people that post often suddenly stop.....hoping that it's *just* lack of electricity that is keeping them away!

woodspirit lives in Transylvania County where my geneaology group is based. The had power out and roads flooded, but not to the extent that they had in Macon County.

( West to east:)

Clay County .......... Macon County............ Jackson County ..........Transylvania County
... Darius.................. ............................................................................. Woodspirit..........

NC DOT did not post any incidents for Clay this AM

I saw Horseshoe post somewhere, can't remember now.

Sure did mess that up. Darius is in Clay County is fartherest west. Then Macon and Jackson Counties, then Transylvania County where Woodspirit is.

Pati

This message was edited Sep 19, 2004 1:07 PM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

He just posted in another weather thread.....all is well with Shoe and family.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Darius did tell us this might happen. If her answering machine is working maybe someone will tell her how concerned we are. And, return the call! :-)

John, I left a message on her answering machine. No answer on home phone. Her county borders on Georgia, and there is one county between her and Tennessee. If they restore power and phones through those states, she may get it sooner. If they come through NC it may be a long time.
Pati

can some email me her addy so I can send her a snail mail card tomorrow?

thanks

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Oh, ok. Answering machine is separate from phone service.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.