Hurricane Ivan (Hope not Ivan the Terrible) - PART 2

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Time for me to go to bed!!!

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

I'm still very worried about Lisa. She's WAY too close for comfort. The cone of a hurricane is just like a tornado, quiet and calm, called the eye. It's the outside of that cone that one should be worried about. And THAT is what might go right over the top of her. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

My friend (lives here) is from LA- her folks live on Lake Ponchatrain and her dad manages a bunch of off shore rigs. They are getting everyone in by boats- no one wants to fly the helicopters. Those rigs would be a nasty place to be.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Lisa is an intelligent woman and I don't think she'd put the life of their daughter or themselves in jeopardy needlessly.

At least, I hope so.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

She's just posting in so many weather threads - that's the one she was in last. She did sound like they weren't going anywhere at all.

This message was edited Sep 14, 2004 8:50 PM

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

This thread is exhausting me...the anxiousness, apprehension... I know what you are going thru. Conversations are much like radio conversations with other boats when we were is a really nasty storm N. of New Zealand. ...lost a friend overboard their boat and they lost the boat. The ocean can be Sooooo nasty.

Take care you all. I am off to Australia tomorrow but will be keeping thrack thru the forum....

Carol

11 PM, 9/14/04 NOAA:

Quoting:
SINCE IVAN IS SO LARGE AND INTENSE...IT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO CARRY STRONG AND DAMAGING WINDS WELL INLAND ALONG ITS PATH. NOTE THAT THE OFFICIAL FORECAST INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM WILL STILL BE AT HURRICANE STRENGTH 12 HOURS AFTER LANDFALL.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Ya'll take care...I am pooped and need sleep so I can tackle tomorrow....all is well nothing happening here yet.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Lots of prayers going up from Fritch Texas (which has experienced great tornadoes, no TS or Hurricanes). We pray this Terrible Ivan is squished like a little bug under a rug!!! Remember in Romans 16:19, "And the God of peace will soon crush Satan, YES, GOD WILL CRUSH HIM underneath your feet"

I pray that is what happens to Ivan, just crushed and vanished, like a vapor in the wind!!! May the peace of God which passes all understanding guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus!!!!!

Love and prayers to all,
Tamara

http://www.andiesisle.com/imagine.html

{edited to add} I just recieved an email with this link. I have a slow computer on dial up, so it took a while, but worth it! This is a beautiful flash presentation of "I Can Only Imagine", which has been my favorite song for almost three years. I hope it brings a refreshing newness to your spirit so that you can withstand whatever may come your way. And, of course, I can't imagine Dave's Garden without any of you ;-( be blessed and be safe :)

This message was edited Sep 14, 2004 11:49 PM

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I am still waiting for my son to get here from New Orleans poor boy he is so tired from long time drive so much slow bumper bumper bumper so bad since he left from over there at 4 pm still on the road when I called him at after 11 pm still on the road right now he is in Morgan City, La. he might be get here real late sometime in the morning tomorrow. So if not hurricane only take him from 2 1/2 hours from New Orleans to here. I check on him every hour to make sure he is ok on road so far he is ok just so tired.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you tonite, as they have been these past 2 weeks with all the others.

I have been watching this thread the whole time, but didn't have any important info to give, so my prayers at this time will have to do.

(((((to all))))

Donna

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

LSP started this thread...Lisa was talking about evacuating, and then she said she wasn't going to, that they were hunkering down where they are..I am not sure why. Lisa, I worry about you there, being so close to New Orleans...This storm is such a nightmare, they all have been...but I have more people that I know and love, personally in this one. My Aunt in Perry, just had spinal surgery, a few weeks ago, and evuating is going to be hard on her, she is still in a lot of pain, poor thing...she had my Cousins, (her grown kids) to help her, and they will...I am going to try to call her in the morning, and see what is going on...Everyone who is in the possible path, please leave while you have time. I am begining to think that getting a train away fro where you are, may be the best thing. The traffic as I understand it, it a zoo...but once you get on a train...

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

For all in Ivan's path, my thoughts are with you!!!

Lord Jesus Christ,

Show us this day your awesome power and authority as this monstrous storm, this hurricane, sets itself to ravage any way it can, our land, our homes, our lives. We acknowledge the Word of God which says that "all power and authority" has been given to Jesus Christ who sits at the right hand of God, who has been given authority over all things in heaven and in earth, under the earth, and in the sea, to the glory of the Most High God.

Father, we pray in this Name which is above every Name, even Jesus the Christ, to show us the glory of Thy grace and mercy. For you have said you would have mercy, not sacrifice. So let it be with this storm of turmoil and savagery that has marked this area of the earth for its retribution for hatred and deception, whether perceived or real, and let the awesome power and presence of the Christ, in which are found the perfect balance of the earth elements, dissipate and quell, this storm that threatens our shores this day. Father, I pray that you will be with all those who are moving to escape the storm's ravages, its rage, and protect them, their lives, their homes, and their property, as you dispense your merciful grace and peace

Amen.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2004 1:35 AM

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Just wanted to tell everyone we are thinking and praying that all are safe and out of harms way for the duration. Please be safe,
Candee

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I sit here and I think how worried I was during the last storms that this old house might come apart over our heads and I know that we NEVER had this kind of threat looming over our heads.

I hope all of you get the same breaks we got here in TampaBay. I know all of you are set to evacuate after you make your final preparations. Anyone in the panhandle or anywhere in Ivan's path is welcome to come down here out of the path of the storm. We have tons of parking and enough room for people and animals and we won't get but some rain and maybe gusty wind.

Thanks for the prayer Pam, we should all repeat it like a mantra. Has anyone started a thread in t he prayer forum? Maybe get all the prayer warriors involved?

Doesn't Lisa already has plans to leave this morning when they finish boarding up??

Someone said (sorry I can't find it) that y'all should keep posting as long as you can and have power. I'll be here as much as possible just hoping I can give the same kind of support I got during the other hurricanes.

Love to all of you,

Stacey

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Good morning folks,
thank you all so much for the concern.
Lilypon, you made me tear up..thank you so much for the prayer. Right now all our friends on the Gulf coast could use it!

Louisiana Sweet Pea has evacuated to Hammond, Louisiana. She was able to take her cats but not her computer.

As of now, we are still holding out on leaving. We are right at the edge of the cone and if we need to leave, I think we can exit fast. We are near the interstate and we'd head towards TX.

I will check in later, it is getting daybreak and we still have so much to do outside. Hubby didn't get home 'till late yesterday...we still have several windows that need boarding.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

forgot to mention to TameraFaye,
Thank you so much also for the prayer. :-)

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I am glued to the TV watching Ivan's path. All of you (hey Roz) in MS and right in the path, good luck and post as much as you can so we will know how you are doing.
lisa, hang in there.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Awesome prayer, Lilypon! AMEN, AMEN, AMEN...

I could hardly sleep thinking about everyone. Now I have to remind myself not to worry, because prayer negates the need to worry. Just do what you have to as far as prepartions, and leave in faith that God will handle it. Please don't wait too long.

Good to hear you are out of harms way, Floridian.

Lisa, hope you are on the way to Texas, but if I were you I would head to Arkansas, as it looks to me like anywhere within 100 miles of the gulf waters just isn't a safe place.

Remember, "the name of the Lord is a strong, strong, tower, the righteous run into it, and they are safe."

So run to the Lord! Will check in around lunch...

Tamara

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

He got here 2 am everything safe and sound ok, he is sooo exhausted!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Connie, you have a safe place right in town, don't you? Are you packed up and ready to leave? It looks like you're going to be on NE quadrant, the uglier side of the hurricane. Hugs to you and Miss Virginia! Are you going to turn your cell phone on?
We also have the radars up on our computers (me and DH) and we're right here with all of you checking the forecasts constantly.
Isn't this storm supposed to weaken??
Even over here we got an inch of rain overnight and the wind is snapping the flags straight out. What a huge storm!
Back in a little while
Stacey

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Hi Stacey...are you at work? Yeppers, got a good place to go if need be. We are starting to get the wind and light rain...expect some heavier later but all is well. I worry about those to the west of me....nasty storm.
I am in bed with dogs and laptop, Miss Virginia is sound asleep.....guess she is not too worried!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I've been fired from my window boarding duties. Hubby seems to think he can do it without me ;0)

I truly think we are going to be okay.

I am very, very concerned for our MS/ALA friends. Yall please, stay safe. My prayers are with yall.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

CNN is reporting that Ivan has made a right turn headed for Mobile.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Hey John, you are really on top of things this morning!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Following these threads reminds me of a ham radio network.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

If that "turn" is merely a wobble it may be headed to the Big Easy, though!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Praying for you all who in Ivan's path.. Here the motels are filling up with people from New Orleans, MS, ALA and FLA.

How can a city below sea level NOT be affected?

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

I have ALL of you in my heart. I'm reading everything and shareing your anxious moments. Somebody asked about the eye as compared to the eye of a tornado. We were on the northern edge of the eye of Frances and were in it frorm 3AM to 7AM. Usually the eye passes in about an hour, but there was NOTHING usual about Frances! PLEASE remember that when the eye passes the wind slams back suddenly from the opposite direction and is usually stronger. After the noise of the 'cane, the lovely, quiet calm can lure you into staying out too long.

I'm giving you all a group hug now, (((((ALL)))) and saying ditto and Amen to Lilypon's prayer.
Sent with love from Pati

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

My prayers are with all of you in Ivan's path. My oldest son lives in Baton Rouge, they have lived there about 25 years and luckily have escaped any serious storms in that time. I haven't heard from them and hope and pray they are far enough inland to escape serious problems. Again my prayers for all you. Donna

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

We decided. We're leaving. We're about 40 miles west of mobile and they said to expect winds from 74-113 mph....i'm not so sure that its going in there. There are so many discrepancies.
We leaving here NLT 1100 heading to missouri. Probably going to ride the storm out on the interstate, but the intentions are there.
Roz, please be safe.
Jen

Jen, glad you are leaving. Hope you really do not end up riding out Ivan on the interstate.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Good for you. A NW direction seems best if you are going to stay on the road. Good luck and drive safe!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Good luck MsJen.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

God speed, MsJen.
Pati

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Jen is there other roads off the interstate you could take..........on the news last night I heard it was being suggested that people take back roads or lesser known highways.

The prayer I found at a Fireman's Forum site........they are sick with worry.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

JustmeLisa, honey please leave...

WTNT24 KNHC 151428
TCMAT4
HURRICANE IVAN FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 53
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL092004
1500Z WED SEP 15 2004

A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM GRAND ISLE LOUISIANA TO
APALACHICOLA FLORIDA...INCLUDING THE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AREA AND
LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN. A HURRICANE WARNING MEANS THAT HURRICANE
CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED WITHIN THE WARNING AREA...GENERALLY WITHIN
THE NEXT 24 HOURS. PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY
SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE WARNING AREA.

A HURRICANE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA TO
WEST OF GRAND ISLE.

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

If anyone needs ANYTHING please don't hesitate to let me know via email. I know there are places along ya'll's traveling route that you could pass us a line. I know God and all the Angels are watching over each and every one of you. Be safe.

Tina

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi all,
Please, no more worries for me! We are out of the danger cone. The hurricane has shifted and they are 98% sure we are safe...

Please focus your prayers that this storm will weaken before it makes landfall. I've seen the power of prayer do this.

Our conditions now are a stready breeze, but nothing bad. It is cloudy with an occasional drop of rain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.