imperial blue plumbago

Washburn, ND(Zone 4a)

hello............has anyone had any luck in wintering a plumbago in zone 4. It is almost time to make a decision as to what to do about it. Bring it in the warm house, cut it back, put it in the cool garage. Any advice would be appreciated

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I bring my plumbago indoors for the Winter, when the temps start reaching the middle 40's. I place it in a summy window. It fares well for the few months it lives inside. I am in zone 6.
Julie

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

I bring mine in too... It probably would be ok. I know Sonnenberg gardens has Plumbago, an I'm pretty sure they leave it out. We were just there yesterday and I saw it out. Still looks good, I'm in 6a, but I've already brought mine in. Meredith
edited to say> If you leave it out it willl die back and then come back in the spring... I think, Don't quote me. I love the stuff and have it potted, I get it to bloom almost all year, on and off. They are my favorite little flowers. Mine's blue too!

This message was edited Oct 5, 2004 3:45 PM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Hi I am zone 3 and bring it in also, it has continued to bloom indoors, in a west facing window. Joelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.