Critter 'antics' w/captions ... I luvs these thangs!! hee

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Honey, baby, mine!

Love you Mags!

M.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Those are the greatest. You should start your own comic strip.

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

Great photos and captions !!! I have never seen a Black-headed Grosbeak in the wild. Do you get them as a frequent visitor ? I think sightings along the east coast are extremely rare.

I can't speak for Magpie, but I think that the black-headed grosbeak is kind of the western equivalent of the rose-breasted grosbeak.

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

((thanks bunches Kelli)) !! .. And you're right too!

Linth, as Kelli stated .. the Black-headed Grosbeak was one of my favorites of which I had the opportunity of viewing and shootin' .. while we were out in New Mexico over the Summer. Been workin' on getting those New Mexico shots lined up for posting, soon ...

Thanks .. to all of you folks .. in your ensuring a smile on my face, and a wonderful giggle in my heart .. by your continued commenting that these goofy lil ditties give yer hearts a lil rise too!

((huggerooners to all of you))

Weezin's ... Speakin' of caution!! I finally snatched us some of 'em orange highway construction cones !!! Will post the pics, when the opportunity better presents itself .. to the latest and greatest of your 'seed snatchin' threads .. Right now, I'm still 'thumbin' .. (lol)

- Magpye

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

This message was edited Dec 5, 2005 11:44 AM

This message was edited Dec 5, 2005 1:00 PM

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Another'un fer ye ...

- Magpye

Thumbnail by Magpye
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

This was a laugh I have been waiting for, Glad to see you back to your "normal" self, Magpye
Merry Christmas to you all.
Janett

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Great one, Magpye! How true, how true!

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Hmmmm ..

- Magpye

Thumbnail by Magpye
Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Magpye, is that a squirrel in there. lol

My eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when I saw that you had posted another in this series. Love them. Joan

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Take a lil 'gander' ..

Thumbnail by Magpye
NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Curious Chipper ..

Thumbnail by Magpye
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Hehe, did the moron follow rotflol
The second one is soooooooooo cute, and by the way I am wondering the same thing.
Hope, keeping fingers, toes and arms crossed for an early spring this year.
Hugs
Janett

PS can you send a couple of those cutiepies in a mail too :0))

This message was edited Feb 2, 2006 12:26 PM

Blytheville, AR(Zone 7a)

It looks like spring in this neck of the woods, too. Wouldn't be surprised if winter came in March. That little chipper is a cutie-pie. Wish we had them around here. Have lots of geese, tho. It's really cool when out of the blue you hear lots of honking and look up and see hundreds of Canada Geese flying overhead in a V formation. Also they land in the fields around here to rest and feed. It's an awsome sight. SheVerne

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Our little squirrels are tucked in for the winter, but on the warmer days, one will usually scamper out and chatter at the dogs, then head back to bed.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Don't tell me the animals are wondering about spring too. he he

Did you get your tootsies wet following the goosie?

Joan

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

The geezers all came a runnin' to greet me .. apparently thinking that I had something to feed them. (whop, myself on the head - it never occured to me!) And sadly, I had some crackers back in the truck. But after they'd realized I had no goodies for them, they sure didn't lallygag around me for very long, at all!! .. I'll know to brang 'em some lil something, next time tho'! Don't think I've ever heard such complainin' !!!! .. heehee ..

Tayson80/Joan6aON .. if the 'moron' would've had her waders on: yep, she probably would've!! .. LOL .. I honestly do b'leeve the critters are wonderin' what the dickens is goin' on with the weather! Noticed today, that lil Song Sparrows are here and about. Singing some of the sweetest lil melodic tunes!

Now sheverne .. ya know, ya could've informed us which way the geese were headin'!!! .. LOL We're spectin' a snow flurry late tonight, and is forecast for tomorrow; but, I'm not gonna hold my breath anymore. Haint gonna trust that goofy ground hogs determination either! .. hee

Weezins .. I've seen the chippers come out while snow's on the ground, checkin' for some seed scraps that fall under the bird feeders. (of course, when I see them out - I put some feed on the rocks for them too!)

Thanks again, guys .. for your sweet comments.

((huggerooners))

- Magpye

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

An opportunity for you guys to engage your imaginations!

These two, are on the suet bag .. doing that shocked 'bird stare' thing ... LOL

Thumbnail by Magpye

Woodpecker says to wren, "Do you realize how much saturated fat is in this stuff?"

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Howdy neighbour, where'd y'all fly in from?

Never mind fillin' yo bellies, come have a look-see at this.

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

The Carolina Wren says to the Downy Woodpecker, "Do we have to pay for this meal" ? The Downy responds, "Don't worry, I'm just putting it on my Bill."

or,

The Carolina Wren says to the Downy Woodpecker, "Have you heard the latest Vulture joke" ? The Downy responds, "No". The Wren replies, "Two vultures were in the desert eating a dead clown. The first vulture asks the second vulture: "Does this taste funny to you?"

Hey !!! These are bird jokes, anyway.

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

OMGoshikins, guys!!! .. EXCELLENT captions!! I can't beleive I've missed seeing these!!
And, sadly .. I requested the suggestions - (or, should that be 'suggested the request'?)

Jes kick, slap, whop & call me names: I sure couldn't blame any of you three.
(so ashamed of myself .. so very ashamed!)

- Magpye

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

(In an effort to redeem myself)

.. The 'cardinal' conversation during dinner ..

Thumbnail by Magpye
Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

These are too clever - you should syndicate!

(Zone 10b)

Great to see updates. I can't get enough of these. The look on the cardinals faces...priceless.

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

The 'new' goldfinch 'boss' @ the feeder ...

Thumbnail by Magpye
NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Excuse me !?!

Thumbnail by Magpye

Too cute once again! I love it when the birds scold one another.
You have got to tell me about that coffee can bird house. The opening looks easy enough but where did you put it and was it completely empty or did you add some nest starter?
(I'm leaving that last part of my question in ... don't care if everyone gets a chuckle cause I chuckled when I typed it but I really want to know...)

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

You have such a knack for reading these little faces and gestures....what a smile it brings to my face!

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

I always feel a lift when I see this thread come up on my watched list, because I know there's a treat in store. And sure enuff we have another one. I guess I'm greedy Magpye because I'll be looking for more as the summer season goes on.

One of your many fans, Joan

Blytheville, AR(Zone 7a)

Please get your camera and do more pictures. We really enjoy them. Thanks Magpye, you're fun.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Thought you might enjoy this picture that was posted on a small Canadian forum that I visit.

And maybe Magpye can come up with one of her wonderful captions.

Joan

Thumbnail by Joan6aON
Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Okayyy, Magpye has done it again. She was good enough to take the picture and came up with a winner of a caption. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did.

I've increased its size for easier viewing. Joan

Hugarooners to Magpye
he he

Thumbnail by Joan6aON
NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

By golly, Joan .. as long as you and I get a good giggler out of it ..
(It don't take much to entertain me, tho') ... hee

- Magpye

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Where's the 'hep' when ya need it ... ? ...

Thumbnail by Magpye
Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

That little feller sure has taken on more than he can chew (or move)

Joan ~~:)

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

One more, fer tonite ...

Thumbnail by Magpye

ROFL!!!

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Joan here, LMBO

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.