Houseplant Photos

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

I just took pics of my plants and would like to share them. This is my first year in the plant world.

This is an over all shot of my porch plants. Please ignore that my needs painting. Lets just say it's the distressed look. lol

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

This is my Chinese Evergreen. One of my first plants. It was given to me in April after the loss of my mom.

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

...An ivy I bought a few weeks ago.

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

...also, and ivy tree. Keep in mind that I haven't been into it long enought to know the real names of these plants.

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

This Corn Cane plant is the very first plant I recieved after my loss. In the chare is a table fern I got at Kroger and repotted.

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

...Schefflera. I have a question. This name is under the toxic list for cats, but umbrella plant is on the non-toxic. I thought they were the same thing.

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Hanging plants...wandering jew, and Swedish ivy

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Peace Lily...don't worry. It's out of reach of my cats.

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

And lastly...Parlor Palm. I'm sorry it's such a long thread. I'm just so proud of my new hobby. If I got any of the name incorrect, please feel free to let me know. I want to get it right.

Thumbnail by jdee
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Applause, clap, clap, clap. Take a bow, they all are just beautiful!!!! I love your porch, it looks so cool and comfy. You done good, girl!!

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you so much. I've been wanting to show someone for a long time. That really means a lot that you enjoyed them

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Great job ! They all look so shiny and healthy and happy. You have been bitten by the "bug" and soon you'll be wondering where to put them all. Great hobby! Lou

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Your plants are beautiful! I think your swedish ivy is a plectranthus ciliatus. Same family.

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Excellent photos! You are doing really good with your new hobby. Keep up the good work...I love your window boxes with the pretty pink flowers in it,too.
MsC.

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Great
Fantastic pictures, you really have lovely plants.Especially hanging baskits are looking very nice.

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you everyone. MsCritterKeeper, those are pink begonias. Would you believe the ones I bought at Walmart are growing better than the one I bought at the nursury? I guess you just never know.

Thank you, Frogsrus for the correct name. The woman at the nursury said it was a Swedish ivy, that's why I called it that.

Everyone is so nice to compliment my plants. In a way I feel like they're my babies. lol

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

JDEE, I have had the same experience with my Rex Begonias and African Violets. The ones bought at the nursery (at a price!) have almost drooped away and died. The "no-name" ones bought at the grocery store are growing and blooming. Go figure!
Pati

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Isn't that funny? The smaller of all my plants are ones I bought at Kroger when they were on sale. I thought it would be a less costly way to see if I have what it takes to grow plants.

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Jdee, your houseplants look beautiful. They are definitely happy there. I like the pot you have the fern in that is on the red chair. Actually, I have a spider plant in the same one. :) See my journal...
http://rir.davesgarden.com/ej/showimage.php?eid=55542

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

How beautiful. I want a spider plant some day. I guess I must first learn to care for the ones I've got. I got my pot like that at Home Depot. Is that where you got yours?

This message was edited Jul 13, 2004 11:38 AM

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Yep, that is it. I bought the plant in a plastic hanging pot at Target and replaced it with that one -though it seemed happier in plastic. The new pot matches my wallpaper border perfectly.

My spider is super easy and puts off lots of babies. I have a few babies that I had put in 2 inch pots and set outside back in April. The roots grew so well that when I went to pick them up they were stuck. I had to dig them out with a trowel because the roots went through the drain holes and into the ground about 6 inches.

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

It sounds easy to grow. I didn't know a plant could so that.

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

What a lovely porch!

One look tells you something about the person that lives there -- "Warm, friendly, happy, and really nice!"

Looks like a good place to settle with a good book and a cool glass of iced tea. Wonderful job!

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you for your nice compilment. The thing I loved most about putting plants there was the welcoming feeling it brought. Thanks for letting me know that I accompished this. I do sit out there sometimes in the morning with a diet coke, and watch my hummingbird feeder, and the neighborhood cats.

Broaddus, TX(Zone 8b)

zone 8b, heat zone 9, deep East. TX on Lake Sam Rayburn
Thank you for inspiring pics of your lovely houseplants.
I drowned my corn plant and peace lily! I overwater too often.
WISH I COULD MASTER THE SKILL OF UPLOADING A PIC!!
I visited Paris, TX in the 80es; lovely city

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

You are off to a great start, I cant wait to see your porch a year from now. Now's a good time to watch for sales in my area, I dont know how it is by you, but keep a look out for bargins to add to you beautiful collection, you should be proud, you've done so well :>)
Christine

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I know th vine is "rosesay vine" but don't have the tag and can't remember what the plant is in the pot.
It'snice plant isn't too finicky, just sits and waits for me to water it when I remember.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Thank you for sharing your plants with us. You have fallen into the trap of live plants outside. A wonderful trap. Next you will be hunting for plants that stay in the house all the time. Good luck!! luciee. {;^)

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I have plants inside and out. so I am already a plant addict.
See what I mean????

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Fairfax, VA

Does anyone out there grow house plants under regular LED lights? I found a very convent devise that has 8 lights, is battery powered and bright. I want to use it to grow plants on one of the shelves on my bookcase. Will these support my plants, especially Rex begonias? Has anyone tried the standard (nice and bright!) LED light to grow plants indoors? HELP!

Villas, NJ

here are mine that I wanted to share! I have more around the house, but here are the ones in our living room! (I also made the rope pot holders ^_^)
I started growing plants when I was 11 years old and I've been addicted since then! the "Variegatum" spider plant is my very first plant! she is16 years old and still growing strong!

here you go... enjoy!

Thumbnail by ButterflyBlew86 Thumbnail by ButterflyBlew86 Thumbnail by ButterflyBlew86 Thumbnail by ButterflyBlew86 Thumbnail by ButterflyBlew86
Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

You definitely have a green thumb, your plants are gorgeous and I really enjoyed looking at your photo's..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.