Welcome Roy Rogers

Montebello, CA(Zone 10a)

Hey Everybody!
Say "Hey!" to Roy.
Roys been feeding me Bamboo information for the past 2+ years and has been a real fountain of knowledge.
I'm sure he is going to be very helpfull to all who ask.
I think it's been Roy Rogers and Hermine Stover who have given me the best Bamboo advice since I've started cultivating
this wonderful plant.
Once again Welcome Roy!
TR

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome to DG,hope to see some pictures,and I am sure I will be asking advice at some time!
I only have one small.and I mean small clump,it has not moved in 3 yrs,this last couple of days,it has decided to grow!
So welcome aboard,make you self at home!
Root.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Roy,
Welcome to DG. if you are as knowledgeable as Tom claims then we got a real wealth of info. I'm always looking for new info on bamboo.
Hey Tom, thanks again for all the great plants. I've planted the mondo grass but still trying to decide where to put the palm and low growing bamboo.
Have a great trip to Romania.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hey Roy!!!

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Hey Roy! Welcome to DG =))
Happy Trails To You ..... LOL

Shirley in Smalltownrednecktractorville, WI

Montebello, CA(Zone 10a)

Jan,
No problem! I was hoping to make it back for the monsoons
but I still don't know as of yet. Will keep you posted.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the welcome. Some, in the bamboo world, consider me to be somewhat disagreeable and that I ask way to many questions. I tend to question what I firmly know to be true and sometimes what others tend to believe is true. By doing this, I tend to find out sometimes that what I thought was true, is not entirely true. This is the way I learn.

I've been working with bamboo, as a backyard propagator, since 1978. The more I learn about bamboo, the more I realize how little I know on the subject.

I've been a high school social studies teacher for 30 years, but plants have alway been my main interest. I was sidetracked for a few years, investigating members of the opposite sex, but I've been back on track for a good number of years.

Roy Rogers
Tampa, FL

Henderson, NV(Zone 8b)

Hi Bamboo guys, I've only recently become interested in Bamboo as a viable plant for home gardening. I live in Zone 8b but very arid, windy, bright sun. Are there varieties which would do well here. I have no problem being able to water if they will hold up to wind and sun. Any info appreciated.......

San Diego, CA

Welcome Roy......

Hey Tom.....
are you still having a get together this month?

Ray,
I am new to Bamboo...and can't wait to get some here in my garden.....San Diego Calif

Montebello, CA(Zone 10a)

Nothing has been planned yet as far as a BBQ and At this point I'm not sure if I will.
I have a trip to Romania planned in Aug and I'm working as much overtime as I can get.

The Vulgaris Vittata is really filling out with new shoots
and by the end of this month or mid Aug I should have 2 XLNT
patches for you to come up and see what you want.
Like I said in the other post, BHQ and Pura Vida nursery
charge an arm and a leg for their Bamboo I guess because of overhead.
I can let you have a major field division for a price WAY below
BHQ or PV.
Once again heres BHQ price list
http://www.bambooheadquarters.com/bambooavail.htm

Look at the price for Vulgaris Vittata in the 15G
or any of the Vittata for that matter.
I also have Oldhamii and a nice D. Jianshuiensis if your interested.

Hiouchi, CA(Zone 8b)

BBtom
those prices are obscene from bambooheadquarters ???

JT speaks
check with your local Armstrong nursery
i have seen vittata here in OC for about $40.00
Armstrong can order it from San Marcos growers
of course BBtom will probably give you a much better deal :-)

Dick Strever

Hiouchi, CA(Zone 8b)

and welcome to DG Roy

Crossville, TN

Welcome to DG Roy....I enjoyed chatting with you in the Chat Room once. Any friend of Tom's is a friend of mine! LOL Maybe I'll meet you when I go to Fla ...about Oct. Jo

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

>Maybe I'll meet you when I go to Fla ...about Oct. Jo

RoadRunner,

Be sure and look me up when you come to Florida. I'll give you a Tour de Bamboo of my backyard.

Roy Rogers
Tampa, Fl

San Diego, CA

Of course he will .. : )

Thanks strever

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.