Let's see your Perennial pics....Part II

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

okay ~'spin!~ you name it. One planting of it is knee high and the one with the most flowers (gets more sun) is more like shin high. The leaves are peach skin fuzzy and I'll send you an email with a pic if you need it.

Atually I do rememeber having a pch lf like the pic, it had white flowers. yes, bells. LOL

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Veronica 'Crater Lake Blue'... This plant is sorta floppy for my taste but you can't beat the shade of blue. It just pops right out in the garden.

Thumbnail by poppysue
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Does your 'Blue' flop out in a circle leaving the middle sort of naked looking? How far back do you cut it when it's done blooming? It's so pretty when it blooms I put up with the disarray.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Okay, it's a betony .. Lamiaceae Stachys Coccinea - don't know what happened to the pch leaf that used to live there.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I've been off line teaching my Sis how to use a computer in my bit of spare time. I have extra red yarrow. It's not aggressive or as tall as the white. If you deadhead, it blooms all summer.

How about Scabiosa--Pincushion? My Mom loves the soft liliac color & silky petals.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Wanda all I get is the dreaded red ex. clicking doesn't work.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

It's better now, a few images had that problem this morning, dave fixed it.

~'spin!~

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

Good thinking! Make another thread. Does load much quicker!
I have lots of things blooming in my garden but this pic is of a Plumeria at a friends house. It was just too pretty not to share.
Bj

Thumbnail by BjsBloomers
Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

And on the way home from her house I spotted a Datura growing wild out on the edge of a golf course. There were lots of them just growing wild all over the place. This one had purple edges, & it smelled nice too.
Bj

Thumbnail by BjsBloomers
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Hollyhocks

Thumbnail by balvenie
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

'smore of the same.Wish I could work the cut and paste thing and get them all on one post.

Thumbnail by balvenie
Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

another one. Four more shades but that takes up a lot of space.

Thumbnail by balvenie
Southlake, TX(Zone 8a)

Can you find? Callirhoe, Oenothera siskyou, centranthus, linum flavum compactum, campanula and a scabiosa LOL

Thumbnail by heidibent

Whoops--off deadheading. Try Pincushion again.

And how about one of my favorites--Red Beebalm.

Blanketflowers keep blooming all summer if you deadhead. I like the deep red of this one.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Very nice Wandasflowers...

These are my Blanket flower..(Gallardia Goblin I think)

Thumbnail by Starzz
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Poppysue or Blooms - how tall does that Crater Lake Blue get? With it being floppy would it be good to use for spilling over a wall edge but contained enough it wouldn't droop too low over the edge?

Bjs--How I wish I could do plumeria here! The fragrance must be heavenly.

balvenie - do you collect seed from the first (yellow) and last (rose fading to yelllow/peach) hollyhock? If you do, I'd sure like to get some from you for SASE if you'd be willing.

Wanda- your gardens are always so lush and full. Lovely!

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Robert, I love the red door with the yellow hollyhock in front. So cute!

Claire

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Langbr, will save some seed for you as they ripen.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

balvenie, your hollyhocks are beautiful! If you have extra, I'd love to have some seeds.....especially the last one. I have never seen that one, before.
Dee

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Poppysue - do you shear your veronica periodically? Mine is floppy too and opens in the center. Not attractive. But they are beautiful blooms.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

That's something I'd like to know too. My blue veronica opens up in the middle and flops outward nearly flat. After it looks so pretty earlier in the spring I get disappointed with it

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Ya know, when my autumn joys open in the center, I plant the sun loving begonias among them. They look real pretty when both plants bloom. Would something along that nature work with your veronica?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

oooo that's creative pins... Do you plant between the fleshy stems or plop a lightweight pot in the center? Either way, I really like how you handle that. I am going to shear my veronica today and see what happens.

And in keeping with the theme of this thread, :-D , here is a photo of a bloom yesterday. This is a daylily called American Revolution

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Sue, American Revolution is simple beautiful. I love the intense color daylilies. As far as the planting goes, I just buy the small begonias and plant them all around the sedums. They grow, the sedums grow, the sedums fall down, the begonias fill in... It really is a pretty scenario.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Slowly getting the hang of it.The Arcsoft Panorama maker seems to be working on the bunch of hollyhocks.

Thumbnail by balvenie
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Pins -- I'm not sure if you have a digital but that would be a nice pic to see.

Robert - lovely, lovely hollyhock montage!!

I put a low cage for support on my Sedum & Veronica. I also cut the Veronica back 6 inches at regular intervals to keep the blooms coming.

Here is yesterday's view of a perennial bed. The Asian Lilies & daylilies are doing well. The pale pink at the frint is a real butterfly magnet--Bouncing Bet/Soapwort.

Here is another border that is starting to bloom---Daylilies, red beebalm, Batchelor buttons.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

So Colourful..love the dark daylily in the first pic.
Do you know the name?

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

How about some of poppysues daylilies in front of old fashion lantana.

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Oriental Lilies on one side of walk way and the other side with elephant ears, red begonias, hostas, bleeding heart, foxglove and double pink petunias. Oh yeah and some caladiums and gerbera daiseys.

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Delightful, Jim! Love the combinations and such a cheery walkway.

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

this is an unusual combination, i think i like it. it is an unknown hosta (came with the house) with a clematis, viticella Madame Julia Correvon

Thumbnail by SuzannesFlowers
Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

i think this is lobelia, i know it is one of my fav flowers this year, although it is very hard to photograph for some reason. i planted it in the pond with fly catcher plants and white ginger lilies which have not bloomed yet

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

this is from the co op! i am not sure which one it is as i used popsicle sticks for name tags.... not so smart. i think it is razzle dazzle. i think i planted it too late because it is shrimpy compared to others that i have.

Woodstock, GA(Zone 7b)

also from the co op. silk road... smells soo good. i had the flu, 102 temp and a stuffy nose and i could smell this from the house.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

A bit over grown from all the rain, That lantana can really grow fast...lol

Thumbnail by dixiechick
Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

another view

Thumbnail by dixiechick

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.