Cat digging

Byron, IL(Zone 4a)

Any suggestions on keeping my new kitten from digging in all my house plants? My husband suggested moth balls, but I can't stand the smell. Do any of you have this problem?

Naples, TX

CAUTION: Moth balls can be hazardous to cats! When I had a kitten doing that, I put large rocks in the planter until the cat got older. I have heard that you can cut cardboard and put in the planter, then rocks..but is you use gravel, I think it would just go in it. Good Luck, GrandmaVal

Byron, IL(Zone 4a)

Large rocks... What a clever idea. Can't believe I did'nt think of that. Thanks and Happy gardening.....

COLUMBIA, TN(Zone 6b)

I USE ALOT OF PINECONES AROUND THE PLANTS-----SEEMS TO WORK FINE----DIXIEHIL

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

You can try the decorative sea shells and point the edges upward..they don't like anything that is tough to step on...you can try some of the "animal away spray" it worked for my male Chihuahua who kept marking on a particular spot.
It might work???

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

I used aluminum foil.....put a few holes in it (Small) to let water thru and the kittys hate it!You can also put foil on table tops or counter tops to train the little devi_s.... I MEAN.. darlings to stay off! LOL Crumple the foil a little so it doesn't lay absolutely flat.They don't like the sound or feel.

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Plastic wrap works well too. They hate the sensation of it on their paws! I have a trick for my cats eating my plants... I place a bowl of catnip out for them. They eat from the bowl several times a day, and it cures their urge to chew on my plants. Except for the Spider plant. NOTHING stops them from eating that one!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.