What's Bloomin??

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

David's thread "what stage" was getting a little long... so I thought I'd start another one.
I don't remember ever before having this many Daylilies blooming at the same time there were still iris and peony blooming... weird year. The lightning bugs are back about 3 weeks early... along with everything else.

Here is Vintage Bourdeaux

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio

Victorian Lady

Bookmark

This message was edited May 26, 2004 6:26 PM

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Very pretty daylilies and nice pictures, Melissa. My Caramel Crunch polytepaled today.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

Tropical delight ......small 2" bloom....

Thumbnail by dablaw
Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

Small Gesture.... another very tiny Mini.........

Thumbnail by dablaw
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Another neat bloomer today is Emmaus. It's new to me this year. There were two scapes, and the plant is rather small. When the first bloom opened on the other scape, the flower was too heavy and the scrape broke. Ihave it propped up and the other buds seem ok so far.

Thumbnail by gingerjar

I really like the small gesture! Caramel Crunch looks great too!!

Sigh.... do we ever stop seeing daylilies we'd like to have? LOL

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Madison Renee bloomed today too.

Thumbnail by gingerjar

Oh Gingerjar, I am in love with Emmaus~~~

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Rebecca Hope today also.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

And finally Empire Returns.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

This one arrived 2 weeks ago from a Kendaylily auction on the lily auction--she arrived with buds, so I couldn't resist letting it bloom. This is Julie Newmar. My established ones are blooming yet.

Thumbnail by nminmd
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I just love these threads :) Keep posting those photos!!!

BTW, what does polytepaled mean?

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

polytepaled: having more than the usual number of petals and sepals, like 4 of each instead of the normal 3.

I agree, it is a weird year, the daylilies are putting up scapes not normally seen until the July 4 weekend here in NJ. And the roses bloomed before the peonies, usually the season overlaps very slightly, with a few late peonies still in blooom when the early roses begin.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I jsut saw today that I have scapes (very short, but scapes) on my Darius and Svengali. Now I got the jitters waiting for them to grow up. These are the first scapes of the season for me.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Here is Bamboo Eyes

Thumbnail by tortoisekeeper
Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Dark Star

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Cradle Song

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Gypsy Jingle

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Very nice pictures and daylilies, Tortoisekeeper. Ihad never seen any of them. Thanks!

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

WOW! They're all beautiful--I can't wait to see more.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

drool, droool, drooooool

More please, she said greedily.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm jealous, I have to wait at least 2 more weeks before I'll have any blooming. Probably Stella or Happy Returns will be first. They have scapes starting. That pic of Empire Returns is lovely.

Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

Here are a few blooming today...

Thumbnail by dablaw
Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

here is Crystal Blue Persuasion this morning...

Thumbnail by dablaw
Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

Glorious Grace..a true baby girl pink and huge....

Thumbnail by dablaw
Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

Uninhibited...great double....

Thumbnail by dablaw
Murray, KY(Zone 7a)

Marked By Lydia....Going to cross this one with my Galaxy Explosion....

Thumbnail by dablaw
Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow that Crystal Blue Persuasion is Georgeous!!! You guys give me more things for my want list than I have room for, LOL.
I cant wait to be able to post pics here and next year should be even better for me since almost everything is new to me this year. A good year in the ground should make everything so much more beautiful and I have a number of little starts that I got that I have to wait for. Keeping my fingers crossed on those little ones and hoping they get some good size to them this year.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

What's that gold braided one??? oooooo...

I got my first bloom (besides stella) this morning!!! First EVER! It's Center Event. If I can I'll take a pic later. light pink with a dark pink watermark and a yellow/green center. Very delicate and pretty. :)

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Crystal Blue Persuasion is beautiful, great photo. Wish I could afford to buy some more daylilies this year, but just can;t. I only have Stella de Oro and good old liliasphodelus, Lemon Lily, in bloom. Have scapes on others. it is ealy for daylily bloom here. Donna

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

All the ones Ive been buying are older cultivars so not too expensive. There are some beautiful ones I want badly but still gotta listen to my pocketbook.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

That's a beautiful pink color on Glorious Grace. Marked by Lydia is great. How often does it polytepal? Crossing with Galaxy Explosion sounds interesting. I got that one from you earlier this spring on the daylily auction. It has a scape, so am looking forward to its bloom soon.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh i need Crystal Blue Persuasion and marked by lydia!!!

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Marked by Lydia looks poly in that pic. Is it usually? It looks very interesting, with 4 petals and sepals.

Cheri'

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Pass the 'bib' over here! The "drool" is pooling!

These are absolutely GOREGOUS!! (Guess, I'd better go plant the 5 starts I recieved yesterday. :-) )

John Peat weathered the storms pretty well.

I'm happy because I was afraid with the chillier weather right now, he wouldn't open up. It's 64 right now, and he is open wide!!!

This message was edited May 28, 2004 11:50 AM

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

yuh-huh. *blink blink*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.