I have 3 babies

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

This message was edited May 5, 2004 6:04 PM

Editing to say it did not work

nina

This message was edited May 5, 2004 6:09 PM

Thumbnail by riverrat2
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Of this plant Tree Philodendron (Philodendron bipinnatifidum)

does anyone want one.

nina

Thumbnail by riverrat2
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Here's another Pic

Thumbnail by riverrat2
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

pretty babies. Wish I needed one. Since they are an in the ground year round plant here, somebody always has a few that need to be removed to keep them form taking over the world. Interestingly, the babies seem to come in threes.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I did not say that the pic is of Mom and the babies are not that big. When I repotted her last year I had 3 her size and now i have 3 of the babies. I hope I did not make anyone think that the babies was as big as she is. This is my first time doing this so I may have done it wrong. If I did I'm sorry. Ok I have two babies left. One is now gone.

nina

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Lol. I assumed it was mom. That sure wouldnt fit in a $3.85 box.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL I had not thought of it that way. If she keep going the way she is, I'm going to have to do it again this year.
I wish she would put on a flower. I have not seen this.

nina

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I only have one (1) left.

nina

Edited to say all babies are gone. Well let you know when I have more. And I will. Thanks

nina

This message was edited May 8, 2004 7:40 AM

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

This is a pic of Mom now.

This message was edited Jun 1, 2004 6:11 PM

Thumbnail by riverrat2
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

pic # 2
looks like I may have to repot her this year also

Thumbnail by riverrat2
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

She is sure a pretty girl, Nina. If you give her a bigger pot, you may have to give her a bigger room lol.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I've keep her in the same pot, took out all the babies and then put her back in there. I fought out this weekend that she is 13 or 14. I've had her about 6. My SIL had her before.

nina

Coupland, TX(Zone 8a)

Nina
Hi!
Do you have any 'Babes left" What a beautiful mom she is!

I have a much, much smaller version.

Vicki

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Mom has put on 4 new babies but I have not repoting her yet. How old is yours? If it is the same plant it will get that big. When I repot MOM I would be glad to save you one.

nina (riverrat)

Coupland, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi
I honestly don't know how old it is. The stalks are about 2 foot high and I have small small to small medium leaves.

I love these plants. I had one many years ago, but when my 1st husband and I divorced I had to give it away along with a huge Aloe Vera and a few other plants that were to big for apartment life. I am trying to get my collection of house plants going again.

I will patiently wait for 'Mom' to be re-potted.

Thank you very much.

Vicki

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I just wanted to tell you how well mine is doing and thank you again!!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I was going to ask you about it. I was thinking about My gradbabies this weekend. lol Thanks for letting me know.

nina (riverrat2)

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Mine is also doing great Nina!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Glad to hear that Shelly, now all I have to check is the last one.

nina

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

RiverRat would you write my name down on your list for a baby. They are beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.