Petticoat Fern?

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Every summer my mother had these ferns on her front porch. They were on tall stands because the ferns grew down and just before they touched the floor they grew a "ruffle" around the bottom. I have never seen them anywhere else, and she only called them Petticoat Ferns. Does anyone have any idea what kind of fern they were, and where you can buy them? I have her wrought iron stands now, and would love to see her ferns in them again.

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

i got hundreds of em.

WOW! Do you have a nursery? Do you ship plants? I am from Western NC, would these ferns grow here in FL?

Just looked up your town on the map. Between Tifton and Waycross, right? We took that road coming out of Atlanta to go across to Brunswick and pick up my granddaughter. Really a nice drive.

in order:
yes
yes
yes
correct
well, nice drive, if you like pine trees.

check my profile for my page.
drew

I am truly impressed by your website. Please, if you will tell me which fern is the "petticoat", I would like to order from you. I am just overwhelmed by the number of ferns you show.
Pati

Nephrolepsis cordifolia ‘Petticoat

and yes... most days I'm just overwhelmed by how many ferns I have... about 15,000 at last guess.

My petticoat ferns just arrived....and they are WONDERFUL!! They already have little ruffles! I am so impressed with the quality of these plants. Thank you so much!!!
Pati

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Pictures Please. These sound wonderful.

theres a pretty sorry pic on my page.

I really need to get a better shot, I've got a few overgrowns in 12inch baskets.

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

I have them too...beatuiful ferns!! Here is a pic of a baby..but now they are 3 times this size

Thumbnail by blckwolf256

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.