I'd say its official now!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

House plants made it out on the deck,just in time for there first official spring shower of the new season.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Some more

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

and again!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep last one!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Isn't it exciting that they finally get to live outside now?? Oh, how I pined for spring. :)

You're back yard/porch area is lovely- especially full of green! And I love your pond.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Art,
Yes me too ,glad to have them outside where they can get all the fresh air they need,and some better light,and some mother nature water,and not at a $1,00 bottle either!!

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Am keeping all mine close, just in case.....I have to quick bring inside because of a late frost. We had 4 days of 80+, now in the 40's, but have had about 1/2", that's (inches), not feet of rain, Don.

I've been ready for spring for a l-o-n-g time!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Say Hi,good think we don't live in Denver I heard they got 8 inches of wet snow!!!!!
DC got to 91* last weekend,so its coming just not fast enough,wifey keeps remind me its only April!!!

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Hope DW is feeling good? Took Ed about 8 mo. before he really felt good again, after bypass surgery.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Hi,
Wife is about half way back to normal,I think in time she'll be back to normal.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I am in Denver... we did get the 8+ inches of snow. BUT it was a wet one, and raised our water levels from 76% of normal to 84% of normal. We are in need of some more. It was gone the next day, and I think the low was only 31. We will probably have one more snow, and hopefully that will be all. There usually is a really heavy, big snow in May, that breaks tree branches and shuts down airports, and then we are USUALLY done for the season.
I actually kept most of my plants outside. I brought the brugs in, but the cannas, callas, EEs stayed out. There was only minimal damage to the EE leaves.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi Shelly,
Thats great that your plants only recieved minor damage,just to show you how lucky I was,,, I planted a lavender lady passiflora under a magnolia tree,for it to climb,back on the first of April.and completely forgot about it and didn't cover it during the coldspell we had for a week where the nite temps got as low as 28*,well yesterday It was blooming and has about 15 flowerbuds on it now,these plants are tougher than we give credit some times,althou,I'm sure the temps reaching the 50's during the daytime saved it,but still,it went thru some cold temps that week and is now blooming.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

TM Thats wonderful!! I also think the plants are tougher than we give them credit for. Im sure more than 1 or 2 nights of the cold wouldnt suit them tho.
What kind of magnolia do you have? I have searched high and low for a hardy magnolia, that are close to looking like southern magnolias. Im sure I could push to zone 6. :o)
I bet the combo of your magnolia and passiflora is just beautiful.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Its just the plain ole southern magnolia grandiflora,they won't get as big as they do down south ,but about 25 to 35 ft is tops here,which is fine with me,better to see the huge white fragant blossoms,I'll try to get a picture if it blooms this spring,usally around june first or so.If you can keep one in a southern exposure blocking the cold north wind you might just do it!!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Great! Thanks TM!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.