Forum name is now changed ;o)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Whaddya know...I can't leap tall buildings in a single bound or anything like that. But apparently I do have what it takes to change a forum's name ;o)

So without further ado, I'm happy to introduce a slightly more expansive and inclusive forum where we can still discuss fruit trees, but also small fruit and berries, plus grapes and nuts. If it seems the traffic gets too heavy in here, we can ask Dave to consider splitting this into two forums - one for Fruit & Nut Trees, the other dedicated to Small Fruits & Berries ;o)

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Ta-dah! ♫

Sounds good to me! (Especially since I just rec'd a mango tree and a papaya tree from a friend Sunday! Also got some seeds from a papaya from Brazil I'll be starting soon.)

And we're off!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Hmmm...when first reading this description of the new forum
"A discussion forum for talking about fruit and nut trees" it is worded to make me think it is still only about "trees".

Should something be amended to show it includes "vines, brambles, bushes, etc"?

Just a thought.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Fruit and nut [producing] PLANTS, right?

Probably the 'trees' part just got copied without thinking about it from previous/other descriptions.

Speaking of vines!--
Yay, my hardy kiwi "Issai" has arrived at the nursery, going to pick it up this morning! Issai is self-fertile so I will only have to worry about keeping one plant alive. They say it will only produce about half the fruit of a cross-fertilized one, but hey, 25 pounds (instead of 50, from a mature vine) for just my DH and me sound OK!
-- Xtal

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.