Indoor Primrose

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

I have LOUSY luck with my primroses indoors. Every single one that I've tried my hand at croaks. Outdoors, they're fine. Found a lovely fairy primrose @ HD Landscape store, and it's kaput. I water with rain water, keep them moist, and well-sunned. One that flourished & bloomed for awhile is now slowly dying too.

Any hints??

Thanks! Kathleen in Texas

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Hiya Kathleen,
I had the same problem...I think I read it on the Nat'l Primrose Society website when I had the same problem,that the ones we get are grown for annual type purposes and aren't "breed to last". It doesn't make you feel any better but at least it's not something you are doing.lol
I thought they were so pretty and wanted to try it so I bought 3...2 of them died . You could try repotting the corm letting it go dormant and then see if you can get it to come back up... couldn't hurt??

Good Luck,
MsCritterkeeper

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

try growing them from seeds.

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

MsCritter, I'm so glad you posted....now I don't feel nearly as Primrose-murdering-loser'ish! They're the dickens to keep alive, and I've read they're not bred to stay healthy longterm, but I was determined to beat the "rap!" I've read the same for Kalanchoes, and have repeatedly brought mine into rebloom, so truly felt I could conquer the "florist primrose" too! WRONG! =)

As for seeds, gardenmart, ah well, I'm not that patient! =) I have recently given seeds another chance around my house, via the cups & saucers seeds I threw down outside, so we'll see.....

Thanks all!

Kathleen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.