requesting ideas, please

Granbury, TX(Zone 7b)

I posted this in general discussion and it was suggested i try here and a couple other forums...I am drawing a blank!

My dear SO has been spending quite a bit of time (and money) on ebay lately and I now have 4 new terrariums of different sizes to plant. I already have one with a couple of Den.kingianum and another with Peperomia caperata, rabbitsfoot fern, a small ficus, babytears and moss (forest scene). I am in dire need of suggestions for plantings..(I think there is at least one more coming) ..

and a camera (pics to follow later)

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks. I checked out these sites. Great advice!

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

Just a comment on the kingianum - it needs a bright and dry winter to bloom, and also likes good air flow. Depending on your terrarium set up and how it's grown (mounted or potted), it may not be the best candidate.

Episcias are good candidates for terrariums - there are varieties that grow fast for a quick filler, and others that grow slowly (such as the pale pink hybrids).

I haven't checked the links above, so maybe they covered these - carnivorous plants. Also other orchids, especially if you have one big enough to install a fan.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.