Help with Wandering Jew Plant

Clermont County, OH(Zone 6a)

Ok, so I bought a leftover - over grown one from Lowe's about 2 weeks ago. I had to cut it down quite a bit over the last couple of weeks because it had so much on it live and dead. I was wondering how long it takes for the cuttings to develop roots and what method any of you use to root them. I am happy to say that the main plant I got for $3.00 bucks on the clear., rack has taken off since I've cut it down and knocked off all the dead stuff. Thanks for any help.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

it does not take long for any of the wandering jew plants to root. can be rooting in water, or put in the soil, (if this is the way you do it keep moist.

nina

Thanks Nina. I'm trying the water method, since I'm afraid I know I'd kill it the other way.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

which one do you have?

nina

I have the one that is purple and green. Not sure of the correct name for it.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

check out this

Purple Heart
Wandering Jew ‘Purple Heart’

I looked at that the one you posted about but it looks more like the Wandering Jew, Inch Plant Tradescantia zebrina.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

sorry

nina

Don't be, that helped me figure out what I had. I totally forgot to look it up in the database. If you hadn't had me look the other one up I would've not known the name. I do like the purple heart type as well as the white variety.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

i have the purple heart. if you want some let me know, and i will root you some. you can plant it out side, and it will come back each spring. (here)

nina

How well would it work indoors? I live in an apartment and they may not like me planting anything outside. I can't see why not though we only have trees and bushes. The only flowers on the property are at the front when you come in. Everyone else does pots outside and a few large containers.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

yes thry do well indoors, that is were i have them.

Sure I love some then. What would you like in return? postage, plants?

I have a couple of houseplants going:

Spider plant (a few)
Wandering Jew Tradescantia zebrina (lots)
Phild. ( a few)
pothos ( a few)
Let me know. Just e-mail me.

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

What types of philod. do ya got? If you don't mind me asking? Mere

hpluver- i believe it's the
Heart Leaf Philodendron
Philodendron scandens ssp. oxycardium
and another that has the same leaf shape but a much lighter shade of green

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.