Valentines Gift Identification Help needed!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I received a cute "watering can" with 3 houseplants in it for Valentines Day. I know the can isn't big enough to support these plants for a very long period of time, and need to know what each of them is so that I can care for them. I know what the pink flowered one is, as that one actually came with a tag. But the other two, one I will call "green plant" and the other I will call "Ivy" are unknown to me, as far as what they are REALLY called, so that I can look them up for how to care for them. I'll have to take up two posts to show you this. This first one here is "green plant"

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

This second photo is the Ivy that I need identification on.

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The first one looks like an aglaonema. A lot of them have varigated leaves but they all don't. The ivy is probably one of the many cultivars of English ivy.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I just brought that "algonema" up on the database, and I don't think that's it. The leaves of those look much "stiffer and harder" than what I have. Mine are very soft leaves.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 5b)

Maybe a Peace Lily?

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/57837/index.html

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Although the leaves of that peace lily in the pic are much bigger, it is also a much more mature plant. I think you might be right. We'll see! (I was just about ready to put that pot in the car and go to the florist he bought it from and ask).

Lenexa, KS(Zone 5b)

On this link there are pictures of some smaller ones. One toward the bottom says it's in a 10" pot. It's very full, but the leaves look smaller.

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/986/index.html

Mine is a more mature plant, so it's bigger, but I think the leaves look very similar to yours.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

looks like a bit of pothos to me. the stems aren't right for aglonema or for a spathyphylum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.