share your peony pics

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

would like to see some pictures of peonies...anyone game?

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

I'll go first....join me! single fern leaf peony (picture from spring 2003)

Thumbnail by IowaAnn
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

WOW, gorgeous peony - - love that color.

What a gorgeous plant. Here's one of mine, but it was a passalong so I don't know the name.

Thumbnail by echoes
Long Beach, MS(Zone 8b)

No more pictures please!! I am dying of envy. Have been unsuccessful with peony in Zone 8B. Go to Colorado every spring and just feast on the blooms and fragrance. It is my favorite. Have some dried ones in vases in my house to enjoy the rest of the time.

San Francisco, CA(Zone 10a)

RubaInMS,

I've been tempted by the bare root Peonies at the local garden stores.

I think in more temperate climates Tree Peonies do better than the Herbaceous ones. Kind of expensive, though.

anahi, that fern leaf peony is amazing! Never seen one like it.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

I was never crazy about single peonies, but these were beautiful, last summer.

Dee

Thumbnail by DeeS
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

This one only had one bloom, but it sure was pretty.

Thumbnail by DeeS
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

DeeS_ do you know the name of your single peony? I really like the bright pink color!

Just some old friends.

Thumbnail by echoes

Just some more of the ordinary, till someone sends something to really make you drool.

Thumbnail by echoes

a bit different

Thumbnail by echoes

another old one

Thumbnail by echoes
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Anahi, I'm afraid that I have no idea what the name of the peony is. It was in a bag of peonies that I bought at Sam's Club, a few years ago. It was supposed to be a double pink, but I still like it! LOL

Dee

Last year was the first time I bought peonies. Sorbet and Festiva Maxima. My other peonies have names like Mom's, Evelyn's, Ralph's white, Mona's single pink, after the gardeners that grew them before I got them.

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

echoes, sounds like we have the same situation...we only know the names of plants according to who gave them to us...works for me! We were fortunate to have people give us plants..and it makes it more fun to walk through the garden as you remember the person that gave it to you. Love it! Bev

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Keep 'em comming, they are all beautiful and very inspiring.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Bowl of Beauty

Thumbnail by poppysue
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Leslie Van Haute

Thumbnail by poppysue
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Sarah Bernhardt

Thumbnail by poppysue
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Raspberry Sunday

Thumbnail by poppysue
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Krinkled White

Thumbnail by poppysue
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Karl Rosenfield

Thumbnail by poppysue
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Last one... I think this is Paula Faye.

Nope. I take that back. It's Karl Rosenfield too.

This message was edited Mar 4, 2004 9:52 PM

Thumbnail by poppysue

Raspberry Sunday - have to have! Karl Rosenfeld and Sarah Bernhardt are the real suspects in my garden, but the single pink, and my white one I have no idea. They may not be really old ones.

Long Beach, MS(Zone 8b)

Love that Sarah Bernhardt and raspberry sundae. I have purchased both twice but to no avail. Will just have to enjoy all of the pictures you northerners send and my dried ones which I keep in a vase in my bedroom. Hope to replace them when I go to Colorado this year. Post more pictures for me. Are those from last year or are they already blooming?? I know, that's a dumb question and I assume they are from last year.

Upton, MA(Zone 5b)

Peonies are one of my most favorite plants! I will post a couple of photos of my Tree Peonies. This one is generic -- just called "Pink." I think that is an understatement. The flowers are at least 6-inches in diameter!

Thumbnail by shudhave
Upton, MA(Zone 5b)

This one is called "Jade Plate White" and is HUGE -- probably 7-inches at least.

Thumbnail by shudhave
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey, did you hear the news? Dave just started a new forum for peonies! Í'm so happy I could bust! Woo Woo! check it out.

Flower Mound, TX(Zone 7b)

I am in zone 7b/8a and planted "Sarah Bernhardt" last Fall...I hope she does well, I love peonies - my Grandmother had light pink ones, and 'Sarah Bernhardt' reminds me of hers....

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Here is my contribution to the peony pictures thread. I've never had a name for the one on the left and I know the one on the right is a tree peony, but I have no name for it either. I'm just full of information, aren't I? LOL!!

Great pictures everyone. I love peonies and wish they would bloom longer.

Thumbnail by Brugie
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Beautiful flowers! Today I went to Walmart and saw those Peony plants for sale.. $7.87 each! Red and Pink. It didn't say what name.. all it says Peony so I bought one and hope it will survive here in 9 zone! Guess, I will have take care of that baby close and to make sure he will survive! I never grow those before... my first time.. Wish me luck..

Flower Mound, TX(Zone 7b)

Wow! That 'Bowl of Beauty' peony is gorgeous! They all are - makes me hope my 'Sarah Bernhardt' comes up....I dug a bit and didn't see any sprouts though, but might be digging in the wrong spot!

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

What a great bunch of peony photos. I am going to have to look for Raspberry Sunday & Sarah Bernhardt. Here's one of mine called 'Nellie Saylor'.

Thumbnail by broots
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Broots, that is gorgeous.

Long Beach, MS(Zone 8b)

If anyone would be so kind as to fulfill a dream for me and dry some peonies and ship them to me, I would be ever so grateful and would make every attempt to send something to you that would fulfill a dream for you!! Let me know what things you like and I'll see what I can do. This forum is making me want to move - but then I look at my tropicals and try to satisfy myself that I can grow those here.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Ruba, can you grow bearded iris? They sell them here, but I have never been able to grow them here. Doggone it!

Long Beach, MS(Zone 8b)

Good hearing from you, Roz. Last year I inherited about 100 from a lady in north Louisiana who felt she could no longer tend hers due to bad health. About twenty-five survived the first year and some bloomed but I had to re-plant them three times after heavy rains because the soil would not dry out. I have only had one bloom this year so far. But I think if you can plant them in sandy soil that dries very very quickly they will do okay. They will never be great here because it does not get cold enough here.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

I surely wish I could grow them. I have planted them lots of times, but they do not bloom the second year. I guess if we dug them up and refrigerated them, then they would. Louisiana iris just has to take the place of them!

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Broots, where did you get the nellie saylor? She's a beauty! Peonies buds are just starting to break through the soil here in Iowa...It's been a long, long winter!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.