would anyone be interested in the future....

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

ALL GONE TILL NEXT YEAR

NO MORE AFTER JENNIEW-I want to make sure there is enough for everyone that has posted thus far. Thanks everyone. Janet

Friend of mine has a laceleaf japanese(sp?) maple. Every year she gets a rash of seedlings coming up in her yard. Now if anyone wants any she is more than willing to start digging when they come up. I havnt had a chance to talk to her about too much of it, but Im sure she would want to do trades and some sase. Before she does tho I just wanted to see if there would be an interst and if so I will let her know and she and I will work on this together. Just remember Im still a newbie, especialy in trading but will do everything to make sure everyone who wants one or more will get them in a timely manner.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2004 3:17 PM

This message was edited Jul 28, 2004 11:47 AM

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

I'm interested. Where does friend live? Are they hardy in my zone 5? I am thinking NOT?

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I am!!
I had some that I dug up at a show in Buffalo...been nursing them for 3 years and they were just starting to grow when a rodent in the GH ate them and a bunch of other things....

Would love some...
Do you or you neighbor need anything?
Plants?
Seeds?
Rodents?

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

hhmm Ill have to double check that but ya never know. Friend lives near me just a few blocks away near the water of the cheasapeake bay.

Ok I dont know exactly wich maple this is(severalin the pdb) but according to all of the ones listed they can be hardy down to zone 4. Hope that helps, I should know more about it too when it leafs out.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2004 1:21 PM

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

CC-KEEP YOU RODENTS! LOL I have enough of my own around here. WE are interested in just about anything of course, anything pretty that smells good is great too. I havnt asked her yet if there is anything specific she wants, I tried to call her and she isnt answering the phone right now. But I will post hear as soon as I get something down on paper. : D

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Would be very glad for some seedlings

Kingston, GA(Zone 7b)

Dravencat---I would love to have some laceleaf Maples seedlings too. Please let me know what your neighbor would like in exchange. Thanks so much. :)

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Ok my friend Carmen wants viney things. She wants to do her backyard in vines, clematis she loves. For her anything for zone 7a. Im up for perenials but mostly stuff for her. Im easy to please and so is Carmen.
Carmen said she gets lots and lots of these seedlings so thats not a problem, we just have to wait till they grow so we can get them and send them out to you guys.
She also has a yellow hybrid dogwood. She bought it from a local nursery and they sold it to her as a white, when she took it back and asked about it, they had a WOOPS look on their face. LOL Can you root cuttings on these? She'd be willing to send some of those out to if thats the case. I dont know if seeds would breed true or not.

Anyway as soon as these are ready will let you know and Ill keep a tab on this post and later post a list of who wants these to make sure we have everybody.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

I have lots of perennials, will have to check on vines. Can divide an Autum cllematis for roots.

Kingston, GA(Zone 7b)

I have Sweet Autumn Clematis vines too. And I will have Cypress vines galore late spring. I have started several types of vine seeds in my gh and hope some of them will grow for me. Does she like houseplant vine types? I have Swiss Cheese and things like Bolivian Jew. I also have some perennials and shrubs too. Just let me know. I live in zone 7b so most of my plants should do fine for you both. Thank you to you and your friend Carmen. :)

Wewoka, OK(Zone 7a)

Would love to have a couple of seedlings for postage since I currently don't have anything to trade

I'm very interested.
Put my name down if you would pleeeeeease :)

(infor on J. maple)
http://www.naturehills.com/new/product/productdetails.aspx?proname=Japanese+Red+Maple&Campaign_id=62&user=overture&keyword=laceleaf+japanese+maple

midwest, IL(Zone 5b)

I Would love to have a couple. Please!! Thank You!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

putting yall on my list. If you can post how many you would like to have so I dont disapoint.

At least 3 for me if possible. TY

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Whatever you can spare, 2-3. Will do for postage + , or trade.

Wewoka, OK(Zone 7a)

Don't want to be greedy so the two (couple) will be great for me. Thanks for the offer.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Oooh, I would love a couple if there's enough ;o) I've got Virginia Creeper (Parthenocissus) if you're looking for vines. Other perennials will start popping up soon - email me and I'll do a rundown of what I'll have available.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Gotcha too Terri, Ill email you soon. : D

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Me,Me trade or sase.Thanks,Jody

Hi,
I would love two maple seedlings. I have perennials and vines I could trade. Lots of hummingbird/butterfly attractors.

Sheila Katayama

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I would love some of the seeds...please put me on the list for next years crop. Thank you Dravencat.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Ok I got ya all on my list so far, sorry I havnt made any decisions on what we would like in trade, I really need to drag Carmen over here so we can go over this together. If she takes to long Ill just ask for surprises. LOL.

Lilypon I made a note about you wanting seed but keep me in mind to email me later so I dont completly forget.

Thanks guys, your really making this fun!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Janet, I would be interested in a couple of these too if you are still offering. :) Hey, I'll send you that toaster! LOL

This message was edited Jun 26, 2004 3:54 PM

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Do rooted tropicals vines count?I have some hardy vines too but not sure what will make it thru the winter......

and I'd like 5 or 6 seedling cause I am greedy,also for back up for rodent attacks

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

If you have any left,I would love to have a couple. I have lots of hosta that will be coming up when it warms up.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Got ya lizh and everyone else, Im keeping close tabs on my list and still trying to drag Carmen over here.

crestedchik, Im not sure about tropical vines, hhmm, I love the tropicals so now ya got me thinking. I havent forgotten anyone just trying to get Carmen here to see what she wants and then Ill email you guys to go over everything.

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Woulkd like 3-4 seedlings and 2 cuttings if available Thanks

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Dravencat, these make wonderful Bonsai. I would love 3 to 5 of them if there are any still available.
I too have a loose leaf japanese maple that gives me lots of seedlings every year....but it would be nice to get a few from somewhere else.
As soon as it warms some and they leaf out I'll send in a pic of my Maple grove (1ftX1ft...5 trees.....8 years old)

RikerBear

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

I would love a couple too, if there are any left. I don't have viney things but I do have some named daylilies, hostas, and sedums. I am just doing over my trade list and I have very little listed yet. Also, have lots of different kinds of mint.
LMK
Jenniew

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

rikerbear and Jenniew, Ive got you guys on the list.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks! :-)

RB

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks!!! I appreciate making it in.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Did you guys decide on what you want in trade yet?

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Thought everyone had forgotten we wanted Japanese Maples?
Waiting here to see what I need to dig up and find for trade.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Sorry guys, Ill get right on it, I didnt forget and still have my list for you guys so dont worry.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I also need to go and check on how they are doing and will update you on that later today. Carmen has been busy with her job as a beer line cleaner. From what I hear from her you dont want to drink beer on tap unless those lines are cleaned regularly. So if your not sure, get it from a bottle. LOL
I will post back a little later today to let you know whats happening.
Janet

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Janet - I figured it would take a bit for the propellers to come down and the seedlings to come up ;o)

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Not to worry Janet....I have plenty to keep me busy this Spring, so whenever they are ready is just fine with me.

Marc

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.