What have you started (zone 4/5?)

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

I hope this hasn't been asked recently! It seems I usually get too early or too late of a start with my indoor seed starting. Just curious what some of you might have already started if you live in zone 4/5?

Thanks!

Sandy

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Ive got celosia, tomatos, strawberries, petunias, coleus, columbines, a few others I cant think of... most of my annuals and perennials. I have morning glories and moonflowers growing all over my blinds in the house, and some of the MG's have bloomed a few times.

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i have tons of morning glories, galardia, gazania, black eyed susan vine, moon flower vine, painted daisy, sunflower, english daisy, cup and saucer vine, datura...i think thats it...i cant member right off hand now...lol..i guess that means i have too much started?...im new to starting seeds since this is my first winter with my greenhouse..i think i got started a bit early....lol

cindy

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

A Bazillion brugs
4 different Datura
Lions Tail
Dracunculis vulgaris
Pheasent's Eye
Acanthus mollis
Cassia alata
Red Moon Flower
KMOTGG
Yerba Mate tree
Cry Baby Tree
Monkey pod Tree
Mimosa tree
Hollyhock_dbl.Yellow
Clitorea ternatea
Hardy Hibiscus (?)
Red trumpet vine
7 jars of daylily seeds greening up, should be ready to be put in flats in 3 weeks.

Next week everything else will be sown, I have not decided for sure which flowers yet but I will get tomatoes,peppers, squash, melons and okra going.
The earliest I can put tenders out is around the 3rd week in May.
Forgot ,I am getting some air potatoe vine seeds too.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2004 8:57 PM

Highland Park, IL(Zone 5a)

Just hosta seed and a few stray daylily seeds.

Hanover Park, IL(Zone 5a)

I sowed: tomatoe, columbine, beans for the kids instant gratification, passion flower, sweet pea for fun (they getbig fast!), radishes, climbing spinach, luffa, bachelor buttons, coleus, coleus, coleus, did I mention coleus? ( I can donate 50 to my daughters school flower sale.)
Some stuff I forgot to mark. Surprises!

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

I have started "peaches and dreams" hollyhocks, rudbeckia "cherokee sunset", Dianthus "sooty", and foxgloves "foxy".

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

What I have sowed so far: Brugs, Daturas, Rose of Sharon, Daylilies, something I can't pronounce or spell that Baa sent me, feverfew, tomatoes, lemon & sweet basil. What has germinated so far: the basils and the daylilies. I will do most of my sowing in late March.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I started seeds in the greenhouse around April 10th last yr. and had excellent luck! No heat in greenhouse and run an electric heater at night. Temps have moderated by this time in West. Wisc.
Plan to do the same this yr.

Maxine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.