I am looking for a variegated rubber tree

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I had one and I took too much time buying a new pot for it and It passed away : (
I promise I will do better if you allow me a baby one.
Sandy

Clanton, AL(Zone 8a)

Sandy, i had no idea there were varigated rubber trees. I will keep my eye open for one for you. Have you checked any nurseries in your area? You may have to wait until spring when the house plants are making their comeback. Check out www.gardenweb.com and see if someone on that site may have one for trade. That is one site that i found may have something to trade.
Have i seen you on another site before. Your screen name is familiar to me. Robbie

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I did a google search and found this for 5.00 plus shipping.
Go ck it out also has pink in it.http://www.glasshouseworks.com/trop-f.html55577 FICUS ELASTICA TRICOLOR MOR GH Brilliantly variegated "Rubber Tree" with amazing color possible to keep even in areas of lower humidity as the thick leathery lvs have a waxy surface protecting them from and rapid loss of moisture. The angular growth habit is easily toned down by judicious pruning.

Let me know what you think. Very pretty. Yes I go to GW also.
Thanks
Sandy

Scottsdale, AZ

Variegated rubber trees aren't all that hard to find, but I guess it depends where you live. They sell them in the supermarkets around here--usualy the regualr green-wine colored ones but I've seen varigated ones from time to time. If you find one and live in a very hot dry area don't put it in direct sun, except in the winter, or it'll fry.I'm in a desert and my rubber tree lost a lot of leaves that way. So I keep him in bright indirect light and he makes me nice fat camoflage helicopter leaves. His buds are bright red-pink. Different plants have different degrees of each of the colors.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.