IVY DYING

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I brought in a potted ivy that I had growing outdoors this past Summmer. It appears to be dying. All the leaves are drying up and falling off. I thought it was in a good location and is getting plenty of water. HELP!!!!!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Check to see if it has spider mites. Look for webs and tiny dots (the mites) on the undersides of the leaves. If it has spider mites, wash off all the leaves if you can, and treat with an insecticide that specifically says that it is for spider mites.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

May be too much water - be sure there is good drainage in the pot.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I'm thinking it has spider mites too. This happened to one of mine.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Do you have gas heat? Some plants do not tolerate it well and have to be misted daily.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

No gas heat or spider mites. Thanks for the info, though. Maybe it's just dying????

Jackson, GA(Zone 7a)

Several of my plants drop thier leaves when they are brought in for the winter I think it is the change of enviorment that causes this, they recover just look ugly for a while.Good luck.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks for all the help. I'll let you all know if it made it or not!!!!

Bethlehem, GA(Zone 7b)

I have a nice variegated ivy that I brought in last year and the same thing happened as yours. This year I left it outside under a dogwood tree at my folks house up in North GA. It is doing terrific! It is growing and the leaves have changed to a green/white/light pink. It looks fantastic. Will have to see how it looks come spring time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.