FYI treating sick plants like athletes foot!

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

I thought I pass this info on.
Try using sprays which are made for treating Athletes foot (Tinactin, Desenex)if you have problems with fungus infections (e.g. Black spot) on your plant(s). It seems to be highly effective and doesn't seem to harm most plants.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Here is a site for use of cornmeal, that was posted somewhere else also used as an anti-fungal. That stuff (cornmeal) is amazing! :o)
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=18

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

That is too funny, What ever gave you the idea to try athletes foot treatment on your plants? What a great discovery. It sounds like something I would try but I'm a little strange that way. I'll try just about anything once. Fight fungus with a fungus fighter. Makes sense to me. Heheh

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Wasn't my idea LOL. Actually there was somebody who made a study on this one and published it in an horticultural magazine (can't remember which one).

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Huh? I'll have to remember that the next time I see fungus amongus. LOL

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I will have to tell this to my father. He already uses WD-40 to combat whiteflies. They were trying to take over his orange tree. It worked!! you do have to test it on the plant though. Not all of them will take it.

Bethany, OK(Zone 7b)

DIRT DOCTOR,
I have been experimenting with corn gluten meal as a pre- emergence for weeds. This is my second season. I am told that the second season begins to show success.
I will try the corn meal also. prcastle

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

This reminds me of a cure I have used for athletes foot - it seems to work better than athletes foot medicine. I'm too embarrased to post it here, so if you want to know about it, you'll have to email me, lol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.