Welcome to My Gardening Pal from Fort Dodge, Iowa

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Welcome, Glenda!

You are gonna love it!

Fort Dodge, IA(Zone 4b)

Thanks Arlene, for being a great friend, a wonderfully talented gardner, and best of all, my "Garden Angel"!! I already love this site and am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Guess I should introduce myself...I live in Fort Ddoge, Ia...about 25 minutes from TwinLakesChef. I met her thru Dave's Garden this past spring when I was exploring the site. I truly am a novice gardener, but with Arlene's help, hints from this website, and lots of research, I may just become a gardener yet! Planted mostly annuals this year and did a bit of landscaping in my yard to make planting areas and flower beds. I'm looking forward to next year to make use of all the knowledge I've already gained these past months and seeing what I can come up with for gardens. Really enjoy it! Great to be here as a subscribed member! Thanks again to my "garden angel"!

This message was edited Oct 29, 2003 1:13 PM

What a great way to be introduced to DG. Welcome to the garden, Glenda! Enjoy this wonderful site.

Glad you found your way to the Welcome Mat. Hope you put it on your "Watch List'.

Welcome. .. Welcome . . . Glenda!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Welcome Glenda,

You will love Daves Garden and you certainly have a good friend in Arlene. Hope you will come down with her sometime for a visit. For sure, next spring when we have another Roundup. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Shirley

Crossville, TN

WELCOME...you will really love this Garden and it will become your extended family! Jo

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Any friend of Arlene's is a friend of mine. Welcome to Dave's from Ga.

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

Welcome to DG, you're going to love it here!

Well, Welcome to Dave's Garden, IowaNovice. Glad to have you and don't believe everything that Arlene tells you about me. I'm a former Iowan myself, but now a Texan.
If can be of any service to you, don't hesitate asking for help, for that is what we are all here for; is helping one another.
I have relatives living in Fort Dodge, and me and hubby didn't live far; lived in Pomeroy as a matter of fact and hubby was from Manson

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome to Dave's Garden! We can always use another Iowan before we're outnumbered by Texans & Ohio gardeners! Ha Ha
I look forward to meeting you next year at an Iowa gathering!

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

Welcome Glenda, I too found DG this Spring and have loved every minute spent visiting! Hope to meet you at an IA RU in the future! ;~D

LimeyLisa Kay

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome to Davesgarden, it's a big family and we have a lot of fun here as well as sharing lots of information about a whole lot of things. Join right in.

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome Glenda from the Bronx, New York City where we plant our gardens between the concrete highways and black-top parking lots :-) Have you been bitten by the brug mania yet? As a friend of Arlene I would like to send you some brug cuttings. Ask Arlene if you should engage in this addiction. I'm powerless over brugs and my life is unmanageable :-). Yours will be too once you get bit. I'm glad you joined us. Hang on, it will be one great ride :-)

This message was edited Oct 30, 2003 11:59 AM

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Welcome Glenda in Daves Garden..you'll love it. I've met so many nice people here and learned so many things. You're priviliged to live so close to Arlene...wish I did because she's a very fine person..a good friend indeed I've already experienced myself. I live in the Netherlands. I 'm sure we 'll meet by internet in Daves Garden.

Lenne

Fort Dodge, IA(Zone 4b)

Oh my goodness! What a welcome! Thanks, all of you SO much! And I consider myself very fortunate to have met Arlene and even more so to live so close. Padre, what a nice offer...I would absolutely LOVE some...I saw Arlene's brugs this year and fell madly in love with them! My address is in the list ( I put it there yesterday) or I can e-mail it to you.

I am looking so forward to meeting all of you, either through the forums or in person!

Thanks again for the welcome!

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Hello Glenda, and welcome to Dave's Garden. You will enjoy it here, making new friends and sharing new gardening ideas. I have learned a lot from reading the posts and asking questions. My garden is full of wonderful plants from seeds, cuttings, and plants traded or given to me by friends I have made here. You'll want to get in on some of the seed round robins and other winter activities. Have fun! John

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Welcome IowaNovice, As you have seen this is certainly a warm welcoming group and may I add a little ditto here too.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Welcome to Dave's Garden! It's a lot of fun!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Greetings from California, Glenda. It is a great place here at Dave's. Look out for the brug people. Brugmania is rampant among us!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Well howdy there Glenda, from another Californian.

You sure are a lucky one being a friend of Arlenes and living so close to her. I have been fortunate to become one of her friends too and have been able to visit with her 2 times now. Her house in Orange, CA, is not too far from me, so when she comes for a visit, we can play gardeners together.

I hope you enjoy your new home here at DG. We are all very friendly people and love to make new friends and help each other in our gardening needs. Since you can't garden in the winter months, you will be spending lots of time in here learning about your soil, plants and etc., getting them all ready for the spring planting.

Don't feel shy about asking questions, just post away...someone will jump in and help.

Donna

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

Welcome Glenda - I'm glad you joined our happy little group. Lots of great people here, you will love it.

W E L C O M E!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Glad your here! take off your shoes and make sure you get a massaging pad to sit on so your rear dosnt go to sleep. This is the first place I visit everymorning after the kids go to school.

Beverly Hills, CA(Zone 10a)

Welcome Glenda,
You will love Dave's & all the wonderful & kind people you will meet here. We are all so lucky to have Arlene as a friend!! Hope you have a great time here! Post lots of photos!
Bambi

Northridge, CA(Zone 10a)

Welcome, IowaNovice.
I agree with SoCal: You're one fortunate gardener to live so close to TwinLakesChef and have her as a friend/mentor.
I had the enormous pleasure of meeting her at a recent roundup sponsored by SoCal (thank you, Donna!). Here, through this forum you will find, as I have, lots of help and information.

Joe

Thumbnail by mainfrog

Joe,

Oooh! I am going to get even with you for that pic! LOL

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Welcome to the group Glenda. You will love it here. Have a great time and see you on the boards. Imzadi

Selma, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome Glenda. You are going to enjoy being here. I have learned so much here and met some great people. Linda

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Oooh, Arlene, Is that you? Nice to see you and thanks for bringing your new friend to Daves.

Welcome Glenda, You are in the right place here. If I can send you semething from my list of plants, seed or bulbs from Louisiana just let me know. Hope to see a lot of you on here.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome Glenda, Its great to have another member in the family. The fact that you are an Iowan is just another bonus. Looking forward to meeting you.

Fort Dodge, IA(Zone 4b)

Thanks again, all! I have much to learn, but I can tell already how much fun the process will be! Joe, from the sound of Arlene's post it's a good thing you live so far away! :-) To all of you Iowans, it's great to know you're there...I'll pick your brains for info I'm sure! To all of the Californians, what a beautiful state you live in! I have family in the San Diego area and I just visited San Francisco for a week last month! Fabulous! And for everyone else, this a great country to live in no matter where you're from and so wonderful to have a "gardening network" such as this. A big thanks from me to Dave for creating it and to all of you for making it possible!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hello, hello, you sure came to the right place and had a good leader!!!

BusyBee,
As CoCo would say, "That's my evil twin". (I always look mean when I am concentrating hard). I was gettin' grouchy cause no one would stay put and quit talking long enough to give away the mountains of plants and cuttings we had to draw for. If I hadn't gotten stern, I'd still be standing there! We just got along WAY too well. LOL

Lake Elsinore, CA(Zone 9a)

Glenda, Welcome from Southern Cal.

I am so glad that Arlene has a gardening friend in her area! I missed the RU to meet Arlene, however we have had many a conversation on line.

I am sure you will love Dav's site. As I have said many time before, you just can't beat Dave's! I have never met so many wonderful people online before. The forums are not like any other site. We have the best of the best, people and site!

So enjoy and hope to be seeing you around in the forums.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Hello! Always glad to meet another DG friend. The group here is basically harmless although we do get a bit fanatic about plants. If you post often we will get to know you faster...so jump in and fill us in on what you grow, what you want to grow, what you know and ask questions on what you want to know.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi, Glenda! Welcome from Ohio's Gardenwife and Howie. Arlene - thanks for bringing another friend into the garden!

:) Kimberley

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hello glenda - welcome to the garden. i know you will have a great time. there are alot of great people here also.

Fayette, IA(Zone 4b)

Hi, Glenda - Delighted to welcome another Iowan to the forum. (I'm on the other side of the state, Fayette in NE Iowa.) you're lucky to have a mentor like Arlene, not only in the garden, but here on the forum as well. I didn't know about the Welcome Mat - and I might have been too shy to introduce myself if I had, but it's really neat to welcome and be welcomed by the other members. I guarantee you'll like it here!

Marty

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

Hello Glenda from Sioux City IA. I found DG this past summer and have been enjoying the people, the info., and the great sense of humor that always abounds (some days humor is a must in the garden!) I'm pretty new to gardening myself, so I'm taking it slow...trying a few new things here and there. This site has been a real help! Hope to see you around. Enjoy!! Maridell

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

A big Welcome to Glenda from Maine! I'm sure you'll love it here :o)

MartyJo,
Hope you will be able to attend the Spring Iowa DG Roundd-Up at Brugie's in Chariton! We will be looking forward to your face!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.